Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
hschouten
Level 2

I'm So With You!!!

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm so with you on this discussion, somthing has to be done!!

hschouten
Level 2

Re: I'm So With You!!!

Solved! Jump to solution

I really believe going back to buying credits is the answer!!

0 Kudos
Bondarchuk
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Or you could just put how much it would cost big and clear on the job posting.  Not hiding it behind a secondary link that needs to be clicked. 

Highlighted
DavidFixango
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
What about those who contact me?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Not good enough, lower the dang price. We are not stupid. I’m so sick of getting taken advantage of. It makes me want to just make my own site and make it free. Charge $3 a lead. Prices are way to high. I was a former top pro that made this site hundreds. It almost seams like the staff don’t understand the real world. You are no better than home advisor now,
Djayent
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The info on pricing only works if you aren’t using Instant Match. I don’t like Instant Match for many reasons but feel forced to use it since the customer usually has viewed over 10 bids before I could send him a quote and has responded to several already.
AmandaL
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Exactly- risking an unknown amount on nothing is ridiculous
timwing1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

then there is the whole "yes I am interested, tell me more" and back and forth, then they bail with no thought, but it costs us for their being unsure! 

GBCon
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

I am not sure what trade line you are in, but have you noticed that the leads are more vague now causing us to contact more people just to try and get work. Then is the customer writes back to explain what they need we are charged, but maybe the job is out of our scope. Paid for something we cannot do.

Ziva8844
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree. Pricing is outrageous. You could bid on 4 jobs, they ask you one question and,you are out 80 bucks!!. I don't bid on nearly as many jobs now. At the 3.33 bid, i bid on many more and got many more. I have been telling Thumbtack FOR YEARS that about half the customers are just looking for prices...then go ahead and hire from outside Thumbtack. Thumbtack is raking in the dough, while we suffer. Customers should have to pay a minimal fee,say 1.99...to get bids. That would cut out the,people who are just looking for guidelines on what to pay an officiant...then hire outside Thumbtack. I have cut my bids in half or less, because of the fees