Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
StLFacePaint
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I feel exactly the same. They had a good thing going with the prepaid credits.
Nadja
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey, fellow facepainter and totally agree
Jill-Smiley
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m with you‼️
Mr_Mystic
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree, I was getting more leads using credits. A couple of months ago a potential customer sent for a request and Thumbtack charged me over $30 to just answer the lead. After it was all said and done, the customer didn’t have the money to use our services, he was wanting us to donate our time and talents. But I am out over $30 that Thumbtack took from me. I can’t even see where it is useful to use Thumbtack anymore. It costs me more and I get less in return.
Keithy
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
Same exact thing here. They had a good thing at first now they have gotten greedy. I’ll have to withdraw from them as well.
tyc9900
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

It was great the iway it was before. Now you pay a lot of money and get nothing out of it. I received a question from a client and responded to it and I gave a quote fora small job. This costed me $45. I got nothing out of it.  How can you make any money when you are charged for responding to a question from a client?

This is rediculous. I will be canceling my account. I can not afford to have them withdraw from my account without them giving a hoot whether we sell our services or not as long as they get their monney ahead of time.

DJGemini
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I completely agree with this post.  The days of the credits were very successful for my DJ business, I started completely new to Thumbtack in late 2015, and reaching Top Pro status for the last 3 years running.  With the new fee structure, I have almost completely elimiated all quoting due to a low hit rate vs. high quote cost.  I too haven't booked a Thumbtack customer in about 6 months, smh.

Every time a customer now sees my profile and requests a quote, I decline and send a reason (complaint on pricing) to Thumbtack...it looks like my (our) input is not being ignored, hope to see some positive changes soon.

DJGemini
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Other than provide this forum to discuss pricing issues, I have yet to see Thumbtack give a response to (what seems like) overwhelmingly negative feedback on their costing structure.  In the end, when quality pros refuse to quote a job, it is the end customer that loses out on hiring quality.

I mention that I now decline every offer to quote from customers (who are seeing my profile courtesy of TT, since I refuse to sign up for auto match).  This morning was yet another such occurrence, here is my feedback to TT why I declined to quote:

What is wrong with Thumbtack pricing for quotes, have you guys lost your mind??
You want to charge me $44 US Dollars to quote this job, yet you have 7 others professionals quoting and able to be contacted by the customer?

Why would i pay Thumbtack 5-10% in advertising costs for a lead that has a success rate of perhaps 10%? The math doesn't add up.

Keep shooting yourself in the foot with the pricing, you will soon run out of newbie pros to overcharge, and Thumbtack will almost certainly fail.

signed,
A 3 Year Top Pro completely fed up with Thumbtack costs.

I am hopeful that TT can read my frustration loud and clear....

Benny187
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I stopped paying them. No reason to get charged a lot of money and not getting hired. Not a way to make business