Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
ScottK
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

There needs to be a better policy on refunding for leads that cut off all contact.  I recently had a customer contact me and a job and I requested a time to come out and look at said job.  We agreed on a day but as soon as I requested the customer's address and phone number all communication stopped. I have tried 4 times to continue the conversation but no response. 

ever5ince98
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I've experienced the exact same issue. Plus, no refunds

0 Kudos
ever5ince98
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a DJ and I was charged over $105 just for 3 quotes and neither of these clients hired me or anyone for more than a month.  To make matters worse, I was denied getting my money back. Just because I have opened up a conversation with my clients, DOES NOT LEGITAMATLEY MEAN I WILL GET HIRED! I contacted Thumbtack customer service and they were extremely helpful and even avoided my question. They were more worried about me not getting hired when all I needed was my money back! As of today, I still want my money back. 

So besides me, has anyone else experienced this or similar? 

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello, I used to use Thumbtack quite a bit, as it was a great way to get new business.  However, my company does not often have repeat clients and, due to the nature of my business (mobile notary), I don't charge a lot of money.  Most jobs I bid out are for $25, and when I am being charged nearly $5 just for the "lead" and about another $2-$3 when and IF I am hired, I end up walking away with considerably less than when I don't use Thumbtack, again IF I get hired.  If I don't get hired, then I've lost nearly $5.  I understand that Thumbtack has to make money and combat people that attempt to game their system, but if they only charged and agreed upon percentage (10% or less?) of each hired job, I'd be back tomorrow.  Thank you!

Solved! Jump to solution
about pricing I would just like to know how much its cost is when I start to quote also I would like to be able to send a personal message along with my quote letting the customer know what they are getting for the price I am charging I truly feel that way the customer would come to me a lot quicker if they knew what they were getting for my price it's very important to me knowing on the spot but I'm paying for that quote so I can include that or some of that in the price I'm charging that customer for that quote
Revdee
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
When I started my business you guys were a great lead generator for me. THEN, you changed your pricing and made the off chance I might get the job completely out of reach for me. I am a small business, very small, and my marketing dollars literally take food out of my mouth. So when you ask me to pay $20 for a job that will only pay $150 I cannot and will not do it. Back when it was $3.33-$6.66 it was a reasonable chance to take. It nolonger is. I haven't bought a lead in quite some time and I have no intentions at prices that high.

Solved! Jump to solution

I think I should only have to pay if I get hired. It is frustrating to pay for leads but not get the results I desire. Maybe a commision of bookings would be a better system. Also, the weekly budget confuses me, make it simple!

0 Kudos
1NancyG
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

First of all, it is NOT THUMBTACKS responsibility to find clients the right match. It's pros responsiblity to find what match suits them. 

Thumbtack floods the clients with wrong matches. Many of the people you send these matches too, we don't want. For example, if we charge a certain fee for a buffet dinner, that price is based on a certain number of people attending. There's numerous variables involved. It can't be determined by your simple questionaire to find a match.

Your match does not work. Thumbtack is making more money off this and your pros are unhappy. Your pros are the people who bring in your revenue, not our clients. You better start listening to us because we're the ones who make or break your company.

Stop charging us high fees for leads!!! Stop changing your platform so you can cash-in on our profits!!! You only find us leads, you don't bring home the jobs. So, stop charging us outrageous fee for deadends. 

So, return to a simpler platform that benefits the people who bring in money, YOUR PROS. Not your pros potential clients.

FunRents
Level 4

Instant Match costs

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi I am a pro that have been with Thumbtack for a year, at first it was cool but now not so much. The price is to high, there is no set price, I get charged even if the customer dont use my services.

ScottK
Level 5

Request additional information before being charged

Solved! Jump to solution

I think there could be a vast improvement in your relationship with pros if we could ask the customer for more information about their request. Our info does not need to be given out to the customer at this time. Maybe send the customer a message saying an interested pro would like more detail about your project. A lot of the requests for handyman work are so vague it is very hard to figure out what exactly the customer needs. I don't think any pro will argue with paying for a lead they get outbid on but we need a legit chance to put an accurate bid together. I for one, am sick and tired of paying for leads that contact you and then ghost you as soon as you ask for their address and phone number so I can go bid the job.