Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
barkcall
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I would not mind paying the higher fees to bid on jobs if all of the needed information was provided. I need dates and more specific details from the potential client before I can determine if I am even available to do the job. The information provided by the requestor is extremely vague and basically useless. 

Highlighted
GoodRiddance
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

A recent example of unfair pricing: A potential customer contacted us directly through Thumbtack without having listed a job. We discussed the job, agreed on cost, and set up a time to get the work done. This customer later wrote back that they had changed their mind. The charge for that exchange? $30 for a job we didn't even bid on.

0 Kudos
Jpazda
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Horrible. Went from a very easy to understand pricing system to one so co fusing and up in the air I have almost 100 percent stopped using the app. I used to log on and pay a set price per estimate. Sometimes I was not the lowest or a customer wouldn’t respond because they changed their mind or other reasons out of my control. So at times I’d have to pay 4/5 dollars for an estimate that lead me nowhere. That is business and acceptable. Then after the change I had to adjust my “weekly budget for estimates” weekly budget? Why does my budget matter to you? If I’m over my personal budget for leads, I won’t bid anymore jobs for the week of thumbtack on my own. I do not need to set a price and respond and the. Only be able to tell how much each one cost me by seeing the withdrawals come out of my account. The only nice thing was not getting charged for no reply’s. But i would definitely rather pay a set fee per estimate. (Varied slightly on the job is understandable, from 3/4 to 5/6 is ok especially when it’s clear how much each quote costs) the price system should go back to how it was, or different price points per quote based on what skill/trade/service is being offered. Someone looking to hire an electrician like myself may need only four estimates. Someone looking to book a DJ could have endless options and prices. There is no way to make it simple and basic for everyone. Set price per estimate is the way to go.
0 Kudos
BigDave
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I am having a hard time making money on small job such as pressure washing. Most people in my area are willing to pay $150 To $175 for an average driveway and sidewalk the fee for pressure washing jumped to $30 just for a chance to bid. I have turned off instant match on that item. Deck repair has also gone to $30 and a lot of these jobs are very small and not profitable so instant match tirned off for those leads also.

David Edmonds
Edmonds Home Improvements
0 Kudos
EZDocuments
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I do not like your structure, it consistently demands I increase my limit. I am very conscious of what I spend on advertising and cannot rely on a quote becoming a client, therefore I will pay what and when I can afford it. Your structure no longer allows for that and is becoming useless to me.

0 Kudos
Healthy24
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Not fund of it... I have spent quite a few pennies for people who just want to talk because they are lonely, not those wanting results. Not what I signed up for, and for sure not what I paid for...
Nuts4dv
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have called a few times lately because of pricing issues.  Customers have no skin in the game and we pay for all undecided and price fishing prospects. Twice lately I have been asked for my phone number by a client who then never contacted me. That "contact" costed me $50.  My subsequent emails to the customer went unanswered as the client, did not give a phone number.  These clients have to be told that we are paying to get their business and to only contact us if they are seriously looking for a service provider. 

I do not respond to anyone whose job is way too far in the calendar, who does not provide a phone number, who seems confused with their budget and the amount of work required. I know it's a waste of my time and money. I have spoken to potential clients who have told me that they have been overwhelmed by the amounts of contacts and calls, if they put their phone number down.  So maybe we have to go back to a maximum amount of bids on a job.  And maybe.. customers should pay some money down which gets reimbursed if they hire someone.

ForeverPhoto
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm currently paying $30+ for leads for people that've told to contact multiple vendors. So I'm paying to compete for a customer who might simply be "just looking,".

0 Kudos
Sim
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I think customers should be charged for contacting pros rather than the other way round. I have had customers from Thumbtack but it can be very hit and miss. Also, sometimes you can unwittingly waste money. For instance one time, I paid to respond to two or three seperate ads which were worded very similarly. It turned out that these were spam. I would have wasted my money had I not flagged it with Thumbtack and to their credit, they refunded the money, but having the customers pay for contacting pros would decrese the risk of spam and also show a potential client's commitment to hiring a pro via Thumbtack.

fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution
THAT WOULD DEFINITELY KEEP PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS HONEST!!!
0 Kudos