Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Spurs32
Community Regular

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm confused with the system. Why is it $13, $15 or $18 per contact? I feel like Thumbtack is worth it when you get a job but I have gone a few months without a follow through and Im just throwing money away. I like only paying for contacts but It feels like a big gamble everytime I hit the contact button. Maybe pay per click would be better and then charge if you get hired. Or just keep a flat $10 per contact.

Also, the area. I have on my settings to only take jobs in a close the area Im at but I keep getting leads from far distances. For repeat business from that client I would prefer if they were close by.
Overall, I like thumbtack but it needs to be consistant and simple! I've only been on for 6 months and it's changing a lot. With the majority of the comments on this discussion it sounds like Thumbtack had a good formula and pricing and got away from it. Don't break what worked!!!
Kleebster
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

They are making A LOT of money using this method. Why would Thumbtack go back to their old model?

AmericanDreamCA
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Honest statement
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Zekewolf
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Well put! Agree 100%.
0 Kudos
mm
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution
The simple answer, and what every pro on this and other forums want, is to go back to paying per lead and a 5 bid max. I spent and made a whole lot more before these recent changes. Set your wayback machine to before IM and your pros will be happy, spend more and be more successful. Thanks
elephantquilt
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I used Thumbtack more when it was a fixed low price for a lead (usually around $5 or less). When leads started getting more expensive (combined with converting less leads) I dropped off using it as much. Now, the pricing "budget" is very confusing. I turned it on with auto match for a week and got charged $40 for a terrible lead that was not a good match for me. We are a video production company that produces turnkey videos (from prep to shooting to editing to delivery). Our more affordbale budgets for jobs are usually 2k-3k, with some jobs being 10k or 15k. When you "match" me to a Mom who wants me to film her son's football game for a couple hundred bucks (and charge me $40 for my weekly budget, I get mad and stop using the service.  The other problem in this equation besides pricing is poor matching. I just don't find the jobs that are worth me spending money on a lead for anymore. If things went back to the way they used to be I would likely use it again.

Jason

Elephant Quilt Productions.

AMRPhoto
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

One big issue I had with that old 5 Bid Max model was that more often than not! a client looking or a service provider would be getting their quotes from the fast 5 fingers on smart phone not from 5 service providers most qualified to provide that particular service. If your a full time professional as I am, You could be in a meeting, in the middle of another job or driving at the moment. Ive seen job requests were Ive been shut of by the fast 5 in ninety seconds!! It was a bad business model. 

JSGDS
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Ill keep this short and sweet, I just noticed the recent price increases as well.  You were the best value lead generator for us but now your the most expensive.  We are apart of the google local services program, through them I pay $12 to be connected with a real customer on the phone.  You charge me $25 to send a quote that could just be a dead end.   Because of your 300% price increase I will now need to  crunch the numbers at the end of the month and compare your ROI vs the other online marketing strategies.  Simply put: your quotes are a gamble; if your prices were lower it would be worth the risk of sending a quote. 

Fergie
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

Why is it that the more the pros complain about the new pricing structure, the more it costs to quote? I started out by paying $3.39 for a wait staff quote, then $11.49, now $17.15l!

You people have lost your minds! I am seeing fewer quotes, and  getting quotes for things that are out of my area!! Here's an idea...if you get hired and there is confirmation that you are hired then TT should charge a nominal fee - $5-7!

DCFGCatering
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution
It now cost me 62$ to quote clients via TT.

62$ pays for our company’s entire internet bill for the month.

We had to bail on you guys in June/July because you took the advantage out of my hands that I had using your previous platform.

We were a big fish too; you guys must have really crushed the little fish.

It truly is heartbreaking reading the stories of pro’s whose whole business, side business, and livelihood were stolen from them with the press of a button around May.

One year I spent 500$ on the Thumbtack a few October’s ago. Got almost 25 jobs! This October we started a 500$ google ad Campaign.

Since you u took away budgets I’ve honestly stopped looking.