results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
malissa
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I feel the prices for leads from Thumbtack has increased expenentially over the past few years.  On the other hand, my prices have not.  A lead used to cost me roughly 5-10% not costs me 25-30%.  Thus I do not use Thumbtack as much as I used to.  Although they are probably getting the same amount of money for me to have fewer leads.  I wish it could go back to how it was.  I am not a CPA or a Tax Attorney and do not charge the higher service fees but I feel like I am paying like one.

0 Kudos
DJGemini
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I run a DJ business.  Thumbtack is now charging me ~ $35 if I respond to a customer that asks if I am available/would quote the job.

This price would be reasonable if I am the only buisness in contact with the customer -- a guaranteed lead.  This is not the case, and my experience has been these customers do not have a high probability of closing the deal.  I don't consider this to be a refection on my business offering, as I have had great success with quoting via Thumbtack in previous years, and reached Top Pro status for the last three years.

A typical DJ job is $500, and I am not paying $35 x 3 attempts = $100 to land a single gig.

This may be working out very well from Thumbtack, I'm not sure about other DJ professionals.  It doesn't work for me.

Given the success rate, I would consider a fair price for such leads to be no more than $20.

DJGemini

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nmcallister
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Very simple...set up the software so it only takes payment when a job is accepted by both parties...then CHARGE BOTH PARTIES EQUALLY
No brainer

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi! We have really enjoyed using Thumbtack. The change in pricing has been difficult for our small business. It would be great to have a transparent pricing structure based off a percent with a cap. For example 5% for jobs up to $500 and $30 for all jobs above that amount. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Mel954
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have no idea how you are doing pricing because I have paid 3 different amounts for requests in the same category; Pet Sitting. Thumbtack used to be my "go to" site for getting jobs, now Thumbtack is last on my list. I receive at least 10 requests everyday, but I hardly quote any because there is not enough information or the job is not within my area. (Yes I have updated my travel area). 

0 Kudos
Lovingmother
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
So, how much does it cost?
I set up my profile and was asked for payment information. No where could I find a clear this is what I will pay per client. What if I offer a special, how is that reflected. What if I get 10 leads and no actual bookings. If I'm paying for leads and not booking anything I'm paying money for nothing.
Oh, and how much am I paying?!? I can set a budget but how many clients or "leads" does that get me??
0 Kudos
AG
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi. Had a question about the way pricing works for instant match. I often get jobs in my inbox that are not a perfect match with my instant match settings. Sometimes I feel like I want to respond to the customer but it's not clear how much the contact will cost me . I responded once and it cost $35 for that one lead! I want expecting that. Wish there was a way the cost could be put upfront on those.
0 Kudos
Jaden020202
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Im in the OWNER of Bkmoversla.com, the i been a loyal client for at least 3years in the past , unfortunately the pricing and the system how to conect with clients it felt as if was a SCAM ! never replied and never the quotes open. I made multiples calls and reported and never ones got a.call back or got refund thr proper way, is one of the reason i decide it to stop giving my bussines to Thumbtack.
Ones again i hope other companies don't have the same experience I had the past year.
The beggining was great and afterwards all change and prices went crazy !!!

I dont need to have a conversation or need anyone to.reach out to me .
Hopefull.this time somone pays attention and provide a better system whos spent money on leads.

Sincerly ,

J jarquin / Owner
Bkmoversla.com
0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

It appears that now only pros who sign up for instant match will be notified of jobs in their category at first.  After that, if a potential customer replies to one of those pros, pros who didn't sign up for instant match will be notified of that job.  Is this correct?  If it is, this new approach puts pros who don't sign up for instant match at a distinct disadvantage.  Appartently, you are now trying to force everyone to sign up for instant match, even those pros who are not interested in doing that, pros like myself.  I don't appreciate that, and I am sure many other pros won't either!

0 Kudos
Kendra
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I finally received my first reply from a potential customer today (other than "no thanks"). All he wanted to know was if I had any experience working with kids with Asberger's. I had to pay $8 to tell him "no." I have been on this site for years and never had a client come from here. I tried to find details on pricing, but only found a reference to "frequently asked questions." I never did find that page. I am extremely frustrated by this pricing. I immediately took my credit card off the site and I am seriously considering canceling my account. I'm sure thumb tack is making a lot of money, but it isn't helping me.
0 Kudos