Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Simply put, the overall resolution of thumbtack downfall is to go back to the very first system when you started. Professionals are looking for clear details and a set price in order to have the freedom to elect to take the job or not. Concealing the price and/or rising it up to the extent that it is more than the job will get Thumbtack nowhere. Thank you for your kind attention!

Solved! Jump to solution

The thing I really don't like is the fact that you pay when you get contacted.  Because getting that client is not a guarantee if they contact you.  They could contact you, you pay $$ because of it, then they decide to go with someone else.  Well, that's $40 dollars I'm not getting back.  So, it makes me not want to contact possible clients because I don't want to have to pay $$ for clients I might not even be getting.  Like, I'm still working to actually get a possible client to actually get work done, but they stopped talking to me.  That's a huge waste of money that could've gone somewhere else, like a client that I'm talking to outside of Thumbtack, or purchasing an item I need for my business.  All of that.  

Kleebster
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Exactly... it's like walking on hot coals... Most likely you'll get burned.

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

I also wanted to add but forgot to, I'd like a lot more detailed information about the project that is needed before I decide I want to quote them a price.   As a videogrpaher, its hard to want to quote something when you have no idea what the project is even about.  Like one time I ended up declining a project because I didn't believe in the heart or vision of the said project, which was a waste of my time and money to even quote it in the first place.  

I'd like to know every detail of what they want, who they are, and what the mission/goal is about, every request that comes my way is far too vauge.  I keep passsing projects because I don't want to pay money for them to contact me with what the project is.  I don't want to spend money on projects I know little to nothing about.  I'd like to know every detail of what they want, and from there I can determine if its worth spending the money to quote them or not.

Pro_Fetus
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

We should only be charged for getting hired.  They can include a button that allows the client to hire us, once hired we should instantly be notified on how much we are charged.  This should include a justification for the charge).

Lmhi
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to add up something. If thumbtack are sending requests to 5 pros and asking $75 a contact. I think this is absurd. Why? Because it is clear they don't care about pros who pay them a fortune for each lead( who they don't know how to describe their project and thumbtack charges you based on that).
If they want to send one job to five pros they should charge much less, or if they want to keep it high, only one pros gets the job. Otherwise it is just killing pros. If thumbtack does not lower their prices I mean lower not adjust, like much lower, they will run out of business. That is what I see here from all the pros' frustration about this crazy pricing.
waterworks
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

It's tough to gauge our own pricing when we don't know what fee we will be charged.  We have to account for the Thumbtack fee in our expenses and due to the large variance, it's difficult to know how much profit we will make on said event, without understanding our costs up front. 

Never heard of a business that doesn't give an upfront description on how fees/quotes/charges are calculated.  This vague description of an algorithm has prevented me from submitted a single quote to a potential customer because of how much it will cost due to a simple reply from a customer.  

Please show us how the fees are calculated or return to showing the projected cost for each fee.

Thank you,

Wes

Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@waterworks thanks so much for your thoughtful post! I understand it can be frustrating when the cost of leads feels inconsistent. Let me explain some background. We only want you to pay for the value you’re getting. That’s why we look at a few things to determine a lead’s value: the type of job, its size, and how interested a customer appears. If we set the same price for every lead, we wouldn’t be taking into account that each job is different.

We’re currently hard at work improving how we price leads to make them better reflect the value you’re getting. Stay tuned for updates.

In the meantime, remember you’ll never pay when a customer’s first response is a “no thanks,” and if we don’t have enough pros to meet the needs of our customers, you might even get the lead for free.

To get a sense of what you can expect to pay for different types of jobs, look at the jobs in your Jobs tab and select Learn more to see prices.

pastedImage0.pngpastedImage1.png

Thanks to these pros who had similar feedback about confusion around our pricing!

@AbuAbdullah @Checaskey @AmandaL @DrHilt @ChrissysStudio @mnjn @StLFacePaint @MrsOutlaw @TimTim44 @AKD @1NancyG @KeysPhotoStudio @Cornerstone @cantormum @bellaparties4u @BurlesonBooths @timwing1 @Eloydiazgarcia @ChefViaMelissa @Mattk91 @HANDSHEWD @Riosm28 @emsmedic4 @Studio92 @jase_121 @jcp @MindyMoore @tinogrigoriou @Jtapia @Awayfaringchef @Mkat4464 @LoftDJ @HaroldC @Shuber @ThumbtackRIP @colony1 @Joker187 @JCerzosie @Cmkm @Jill-Smiley @gpieco @Luvie @JimInDallas @Revecraftevents @jagphotography5 @DavidFixango @MaxGordon0 @Dottiej @Whitneymwilson @bhupp @waterworks @Todd1234 @Spurs32 @NetPen @Jb0070 @Tpt_1002 @imwhitey @mjgabel @Bondarchuk @Kleebster @ABSBalloons @ever5ince98 @ChanceL @bonnie_bill @Tschuette @JustinPro @PKI @CNCarley @myersclaireb @PageOne @Hammerhead @singenginerecs @Willardallison1 @Jeff @KevinDavis @Stories-told-ph @Knightmagic @Fabpop @JLCollinsEdits @ebkesq @Tiny @Stage66 @NightHawk @PeachyClean @ChrisPollina @CN @PaintingSmiles @Noel @merakiphotoinc @pjpaiva @ReeseTee @Lmhi @andrew_kamen @GoodRiddance @Aeccleshall @TrainZ @ambersexton @The-Write-Mann @Cpetersen

View solution in original post

sabashaz
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack has ruined its reputation from this new pricing system. I even don’t consider thumbtack anymore to get any job. I really request thumbtack to consider everyone’s feasibility and bring back the previous system.
0 Kudos