Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
AKD
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

"To see the price all you need to do is select request details and then click "learn more".
Now I know. Why is it hidden there? Why isn't it just right in front with all the other details.

1NancyG
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

It's not just being able to see how much you're going to charge. It's how much we have to pay for a lead. A lead that is more than likely a dead-end. We constantly have people click on to tell us that they will call but they don't. As a cater who prefers larger jobs, I get charge $50 for nothing. I paid $800 last month and I didn't get one job.

That's outrageous!!! I contacted Thumbtack telling them that I'm getting charged when people just say that they want to make an appointment. We don't even have the people's phone number or email and we're charged. 

I joined Thumbtack a year ago because my son's best friend worked there. He told me that it was a great place for small businesses. However, now, it is not.

As a cater, we don't have recurrent business like so many other businesses. We may but it's not constant. To charge us based on how much money you think we'll make from a job is wrong. That would be fine if you were actually setting us up with real jobs and you received a percentage but that's not the situation. You're really not involved in helping us secure a job. 

Your promotional set-up isn't worth it for you. Fact is, you flood our potential customers with bids, so they're overwhelmed. In the past, I would send out 8 bids and receive 1 or 2 replies. Now, I send out around 70 and I'm lucky if I get one job. In the past four months, I have only got 4 small jobs and I've spent over $1,700.

The amount of time I spend online writing bids--each one is different--answering clients who are often non-existent is frustrating when there isn't a return for our money. For example, I'm currently being charge $50 for a client who contacted me for a wedding sometime in the future. I don't even have their phone number or email. What good is that for me? They were just fishing for prices. 

So, why should I send out a bid? What good will it do me? I use to think that I could put in a few hours sending bids out and I would get work. Now, I find I spend a lot of time and I'm losing money. 

Your system was much better before you wanted to cash in big on those who do the work. It was great when I could spend $3.00 - $5.00 for a bid. It didn't break the bank but now I'm worried everytime I send out a bid. I'm worried that I'll be charged for useless, fake clients. I have contacted Thumbtack directly about this problem but I have been informed numerous times, that I can't get a refund.

I was once charge $50 before a client even contacted me. After I contacted Thumbtack, they told me that I received a call but the date of the call was after the date I sent out an email. I brought this up to the person I was corresponding to but she only said, SORRY. Sorry????  

Fact is, if you don't return to a system that you had in place in the past, you will loose money. Most of your pros will leave and another online search will fill the gap that you're not.  

You need to see how serious this is for your business because after we leave, it's going to be hard to get us back. 

As you can see by all the replies in here. We're not happy. With all your changes, you have made it bad on the people who support you. We are the ones who make your business a success, not our clients. 

I suggest you reimburse a lot of us for false leads and drop your rates. This is not the way to do business. This is the way to ending one.

Solved! Jump to solution
Totally agree! I am trying to promot my bussines cake, any succes yet!!
1NancyG
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

If you don't radically change your pricing.

We should tell potential clients DO NOT CONTACT US unless you're seriously interested; otherwise, you will be charged a fee.

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
See message
0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
I put in my template “only contact me if you are truly interested in working with me and within this quote and truly hope to hear from you”. It’s a must statement - sad that I have to do that.
JCerzosie
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcp wrote:
I put in my template “only contact me if you are truly interested in working with me and within this quote and truly hope to hear from you”. It’s a must statement - sad that I have to do that.

I started doing something similar when I was still using this site, but I took it a step further and told people that if they respond to me, I am automatically charged so please only respond if you are serious about hiring me and working together. It actually did help a lot but we shouldn't have to do that in the first place. 

Djayent
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
There is no way to customize anything with instant match so the only way to send that message is after a quote is sent and before they respond with one of the useless multiple choice responses which has never resulted in a job for me Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Rjara
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree I turned instant match on and immediately turned it off. If I can’t stand apart from all the others on instant match we are just flooding clients with options and then they respond to everyone and everyone gets charged. It’s astronomical what thumbtack is making in these instances and none of us are actually getting jobs from it.
AbbeyBP
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

THIS!!!!

0 Kudos