Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I think it's really confusing how you set up your prices. It fluctuates constantly. As a piano teacher, I first have to attract a client for a trial lesson... It's not even sure this client will sign up for lessons. I sometimes pay between $10 and $13 dollars for nothing. I also think clients should not have pre set answers at their disposal. I don't even answer to these anymore anyway because it just shows that the client is just shopping around.
Anyway... I think thumbtack has a great potential but is
way too expensive for my small music business this is why I barely use it anymore unfortunately. In my field most people have dropped thumbtack for other solutions.... To give you an idea I got between 2 and 3 solid clients through thumbtack in two years... ๐Ÿ˜ž
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

The momentum has gone down, I enjoyed this platform more when we could at least have somewhat of a handle on purchasing and using credits. Sending out free quotes, that's all good, having potiential clients view your qoute, that's all good too, having potential clients respond to 'inquire' or resond to 4-6 people in your field knowing that only 1 (if that) will get the job...Not Good!  Leads cost me $10-$20 dollars each. I don't even follow-up with people anymore because if I reach out and they view and 'respond' to my quote and don't want the services, I get charged!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I've been using Thumbtack for almost 4 years now to generate leads for both of my businesses, one involving Personal Training and the other involving Marital Therapy. The changes that have been made to Thumbtack in the past year or two have made it an increasingly unreliable and unproductive source of leads for me.

I don't use the autoquote feature for either one of my businesses because just like my potential clients can choose me if they wish, I wish to be selective about which clients I choose. Since I don't use the autoquote feature, and because Thumbtack shotguns 15 or 16 quotes to each potential client that makes a request, I'm most likely at the bottom of the pile of quotes. This results in, at most, only 10 to 20% of my quotes being viewed at all by potential clients. Very few people are going to look through more than a handful of quotes, and if they do, they're probably just looking for the lowest price.

I have many reviews from satisfied clients, all 5 star, for both of my businesses. New clients have told me that these reviews have definitely influenced their decision to work with me. However, most potential new clients will never see my reviews because they'll never see my quote at the bottom of the pile.

I'd prefer if Thumbtack went back to the old way of quoting, paying individually for each quote and limiting the number of quotes to 5. I've expressed this to them many times but it falls on deaf ears. I believe this would favor the best providers in each category. I am planning to abandon Thumbtack as soon as I can find a better run service for submitting quotes.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Auto quote works for only a few types of businesses. Most of us simply cannot offer an auto quote as our services are specific and tailored. We have no interest. STOP ASKING!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Did did you receive all this post 

donโ€™t you want change the pricing to existing one?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I like the idea of a beginning posted price for my services but don't like the "all or nothing" approach regarding matches.  I liked it much better when I could actually respond to a customer and include information based on the parameters of their request.

Another thought (maybe you've considered it already?): Pewrhaps you could charge us pros when we are actually booked? The way it is now is if I respond or the customer responds I am charged regardless of whether I've actually won the job! A fair amount of those who contact me don't end up selecting me yet I'm out some money just because they reached out.

For me, the previous way before Instant Match was the better way.

Peter Gostin

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
The problem with that is that if we're allowed to provide contact info we can book without confirming the booking and not pay. The only benefit to paying when booked is getting a 'verified' review.
0 Likes
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I agree with several of the posts here. Thumbtack initially stood out from so many other methods because prices were reasonable and results were delivered. Lately, I've been struggling with clients that use the quick response such as "are you available for my date." I respond accordingly but I never hear from them again. This feature is costing me a fortune and I'm not seeing the results that I used to. I've been complaining to Thumbtack about this for months but there have been no changes. It has gotten to the point that I'm questioning the validity of the leads coming thru. In addition the fluctuating price per lead is extremely confusing. I would really like to see Thumbtack only charge Pros once their actually hired.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
"ARE YOU AVAILABLE ON MY DATE? " well I'm using my phone and the date isn't clearly stated in the email, nor is the price. Thumbtack emails are turning into spam with this lack of info readily available.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I've been with Thumbtack for nearly 2 years. And I've never made 1 Cake order. Even though my quotes are free. But every time I give a potential client a quote, I never forget an respond.
Maybe you should charge the potential client, if they are serious enough.
0 Likes