results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
BPmusic
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Vinamrata,

I have just spent the last 30 minutes or so reading through the responses to your pricing question. To see so much negative feedback must be overwhelming. It would appear that there are several consistent complaints that need to be addressed by Thumbtack. One of the things that appears consistently is the feeling that thumbtack has gotten greedy with their pricing. I totally get that you are in business to make money just like your vendors are. But when the overwhelming perception is that you are greedy and unfair to the people that do the work for you, that can't be a good thing. If you are in charge of this area, I would be worried. If I were your boss and I were reading 161 pages of negativity, I would certainly be doing a lot of evaluation.

The other thing that jumped out as I read the comments was the uncertainty of the pricing. Based on the uncertainty, I would recommend you simply charge a percentage of each vendor's bid. And since a customer is allowed to reach out to as many as 15 vendors, I would recommend the percentage be on the smaller side. I'm thinking in the area of 2-5 percent. This should probably depend on the number of vendors available and the estimated cost of the job.

By the way, how does any of this work for those of us on instant match? Just curious… Because Lord knows we get our share of people who inquire but aren't really interested. Anyway, just thought I would put in my two cents and see what happens.

Cheers,

Bill Pence

Ty
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello!  So we honestly like Thumbtack, we just started in July and this is how we are getting business at this point.  I will say there needs to be something set up so that if a lead contacts us and we pay for that and then it turns out that they are really just looking to find out what needs to be done to fix their AC unit, then they have to pay for that lead.  We've run into this a few times.  My only other complaint is the type of clientele that we, as a HVAC company find are, to put it frankly....cheap.  They are literally looking for the cheapest way to fix their AC.  A lot of them are Property Managers and dont want to put any money into their property.   I think that is something that Thumbtack needs to figure out how to do better.

Thank you for taking the Pro's views into consideration. 

dianniaoh53
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have posted before, but after looking at 294 post's is anyone at Thumbtack looking at the amount of Pro's you are lossing? Folks no one is happy, I am not happy, The system that you are charging Pro's with is not fair and is not working. DO SOMETHING, LISTEN.

0 Kudos
Dane1995tt
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Vinamrata,

I realize I'm later than your requested date, so if you disregard this, I completely understand.  Anyway, I believe your pricing is fair.  As a window cleaning business we don't usually use Thumbtack leads because there is so little information provided about the property that we can't give a reasonable quote.  Either it's too high and we don't get the job or it's too low and we eat difference.  Does that make sense?

Thank you!

Candace Harper

Northern Colorado Windows, Inc.

bruce@nocowindows.com 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tfdesign
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been on thumbtack for a fee years now. In fact for a couple of years it was one of my primary sources. Today I barely look at leads sent my way and I think that stinks. The new way of pricing for leads is not worth it for me. Many leads I take end up being jobs that aren't leads that lead to good work. I end up with a lot of phone consulting and advice giving.I have been given badges from thumbtack for being a top pro ..it's sad . Go back to a set price for leads..
prohomeplus
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Ttack was a great alternative to the Angies/Home Advisor system. Not anymore however. Ttack has gotten greedy.

Go back to the previous system of purchasing credits and make leads $3-$10. And ONLY for no more than 5 businesses.

I don't want to use Ttack anymore. VERY disapointed. I have already fired Home Advisor that scammed me for $832.

So, fix Ttack (keep leads @ low cost and we buy credits) or you will lose loyal customers. Most contacts never respond to

my contact. I am great at what I do and I follow up darn well. I need to keep my crew working in DFW.

But, it doesn't matter. It looks like I will have to benefit/use another service or quit Tack if Ttack does not fix their errors.

I also no longer recomend Ttack to other businesses.  Plese fix this. Lot's of unhappy customers you have!

Nascar1439
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Why are we being charged when all they do is look at the quote. That to me is not contacting me. I dont believe we should be charged when they contact us and then go with someone else. I am thinking about going with someone else. Your prices have got ridiculous.
trickyfaces
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I know I'm a bit late, but maybe you will still see this...
I liked the credits back in the day. I got to use my own judgement on what clients to send quotes too and only when I was available since I can only be 1 place at a time. When yall switched to this, we will charge you a crazy amount of money if they respond, I bowed out. I have left my account active hoping that you will make it better, but I have yet to see an improvement worth me bidding and taking a 15-25 dollar risk that a Customer asks a follow up question but not book. Maybe yall will eventually get it figured out... maybe not. Maybe all the laborers and contractors stop bidding and there will be no more thumbtack.
Trickyfaces
Heather Shepard
919-260-0122
Trickyfaces@gmail.com
Www.instagram.com/trickyfaces
Www.facebook.com/trickyfaces
StLFacePaint
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Same, hoping they'll fix it but I'm only keeping my account active because i fear I'll lose ask my verified reviews if I delete it.
BD
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Sorry I'm just seeing this. I really loved thumbtack when they limited 5 pros to bid & the pricing ranged from $4 to $20.
The pricing now ranges from $28 to $60 to bid. I use to bid atleast 10 times a month (avg $75 )& probably got 60% of the jobs I bid on. Now its extremely high I might bid once or twice every 3 months.