Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Benny187
Community Newcomer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Too much money you’re charging just for customer contact. I was trying to get customers using your app. But the way you work is not even worthy. You should charge only if we get hired and a fair charge not the the half of the job cost. ✌🏼
Leesa
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I have not used your service since you changed it. I have 2 businesses and my service fee is about the same for each.however you charge double for the profession that tend to have the least amount of follow through with their appointments . I think we should be charged 4.00 or less for a positive response .
Highlighted
Kris_10
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

A quick reply from a potential customer is not a lead, especially when you are not hired.  I can market my services, but if the client does not follow-up I have no way to directly contact them.  I think we should only pay for leads when we are hired.  Otherwise, I'm sending quotes to people who may just be curious, doing their own market research, or too flaky to follow-up and hire me.

Also, referral fees should be based on the total cost of the job, not a flat rate for a type of service.  My rates vary depending on the size of the job.  I should not pay the same amount for small jobs where I only make $25 for jobs where I have the potential to earn $400.  It is not fair to the clients that I will not send them a quote, because it's not going to make me any money.

annieadams
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I really liked when it was a set price per lead, instead of this weird fluctuating scale that has been used. Your algorithm is no good at determining which jobs are most valuable to me, and I miss having the option of getting to weigh the cost of each lead I choose to respond to myself. It also seems that the service itself isn't working as well, which makes the fluctuating pricing even more frustrating. Sometimes leads close immediately after responding, even if they don't show any responses, there are multiple leads from the same customer, and messaging is really glitchy. 

Mickamania
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been with Thumbtack for about 4 years now, used this servive HUNDREDS of times and I would send in bids for $3.33, to maybe around $8.00 MAX but now with the weekly budget the same jobs that were maybe $5.00 are now $15.00 and that doesn't mean you get the job, it just means you just spent that for nothing. I haven't used this new system since then and I won't use it ever again. Go back to the old way of buying credits, I think everyone is pretty much saying the same thing as me. I'm guessing you're losing pro's by the truckloads by now. You lost me.

StLFacePaint
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
It's distance considered in quote pricing?

It seems that requests 3 hours away cost the same as locals. These areas used to be free to quote because they're rural with very few pros, now I have to pay the same to quote them even though there would be substantial travel time and cost.
funky
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I swear I already posted a resonse and it disappeared.

Quick summary:  Instant Match sucks, especially when you cannot use a custom quote.

The credit system was much better.

You should NOT get paid a cent from us unless we actually get hired, period.

Fix it!!

StLFacePaint
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Instant match is garbage. They're "interested" in the most requested date at the last minute and I have to take time to decline the request just to not seem 'flakey' for not responding to a date that was booked weeks ago.
StLFacePaint
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm fine with being charged when they view the quote within 24 hours when it's > $5 to send the quote. As a face painter most quote requests are just price gauging and don't intend to book. but that's fine, if they check within 24 hours they might book. And if not it was >$5.

I really hope this has been eye opening for your team. The pros are dissatisfied, the talent is leaving. I've booked more jobs from craigslist than Thumbtack recently. That's $5/month ad and I'm only contacted by interested clients.

You asked what we're confused about, and what questions we have. The answer is: We're confused about why you ruined this service, and what (if anything) are you going to do to fix it????
fitcap
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

AGREED!

0 Kudos