Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
wendybialek
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I have a small business...just me. I wish leads were free when quoting and then pay if you convert the lead. Too much money to pay for just a "chance" at getting picked. And I get jobs that do not pertain to what I do. So, I no longer use.
Sagearts
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Perhaps you can explain to my why I was charged for "being hired" by someone I've never spoken to, for a service that I do not and have never offered. 

I was just notified that I was "hired" to do a newborn portrait.  I am a photographer, I offer headshots and portraits for adults and seniors.  I do not work with kids, particularly newborns.  I do not do weddings, I do not do engagement or maternity photos.  I don't understand why Thumbtack marketed my services to someone in this area.  I certainly did not set up my Instant Match settings to market towards those areas, and I really want an explanation for why this was allowed to happen.

I cannot believe how dishonest this system is.  I had better get those funds back...

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Sagearts I definitely want to look into this and get you taken care of. WIll you send me a private message with the name of the customer? Once I get that I'll get looking into things. 

Sagearts
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Megan Toms.  And looking back through my messages from Thumbtack, this is not the first time this has happened.  I filed a dispute with each of the instances in which I was unfairly charged. 

funky
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I've read most of this.  I did not read even one positive response. 

Obviously ALL your customers are unhappy with your platform.

I'll say this much, "Instant Match" is a total waste!!!  And the fact that you cannot create your own custom quote for instant match is ridiculous. 

I don't know who keeps making these decisions to change things since I started with the credits system, but I'd say it's time to fire that entire team and hire some fresh minds, cause what you're doing now is so obviously FAILING your customers.

This thread is a testament to that FAILURE!

Fix it, please!  This could be a viable platform.

Must have been hard to say how excited you were to read all these responses when they are all so negative.

Good luck!

John
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have NOT seen a positive for the new system either.

Did you guys hire the guy that came up with "new coke"???
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MattDiAno
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I want to know the outcome.

0 Kudos
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Vinamrata,

I have already posted on this topic. I would like to add after being a a TT resource and TOP Pro with all five star reviews in the past years to now not using the TT service for almost two years, that TT will lose it's its pro base under the current pricing strategies and methods.

We simply lost all ability to make money by using the TT lead generation resource. 

I am glad you are trying to address the problem and are hopeful for your success in re-engineering a workable solution for your Pros.

We are on the sideline waiting patiently. 

Best

Bonnie.Bill

Rn4fldhcky
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I realize I'm a little late to the convo but wanted to put my two cents in.  I've read through the thread and agree with what most others are saying.  I stopped using Thumbtack for all of these reasons :

1. The pricing seemed arbitrary and changed often (there was no real explanation for what I was being charged and WHY)

2. It was too easy for potential clients to reach out aka they didn't have enough skin in the game.  I believe there was a button they could push for a canned response saying they were interested, they didn't have to pay to hit that button, and they didn't have to pay if they disappeared or fell off the line of communication.  On the other side, the pro just got charged for that entire engagement for the person to then just walk away without another single thought or expense

3.  It was expensive for the above interaction to take place.  I would almost be happier to do something where the price changes based on if the client signs up.  Like it's only $3 to interact with the client but then it jumps to $20 if they sign up and actually purchase a package

4.  On a different note, I did enjoy the instant response feature for pros - the response rate went from 0% to at least 2-3% because these people had the option to review a few different pros and then you knew they were reaching out to you for a reason

Would be happy to share more as I enjoyed using Thumbtack for a short period of time until it felt like all I was getting was random people who weren't seriously interested and I was getting charged $15 each time that happened.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
John
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I wish ThumbTack would give an option. If some one loves the new system - then use it

If a Pro preferred the old system - then let them stick to the old way.