Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Agreed! Thumbtack's previous management was MUCH better. I plan on cancelling and withdrawing my info.
ashtronic
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm being charged for people not even following up. I haven't had a new client in months yet i'm still continuing to get charged.
Randy
Level 4

Re: Cannot respond to potential customers

Solved! Jump to solution

i do not understand how using instant match i get more responses then not using it.  Since thumbtack does not support v9.3.5  I cannot respond to potential customers either way.  Support has been trying to help with no success. Each support person asks me the same questions of which I previously responded to their coworkers.  I even sent out a email to the CEO. I went from top pro for two years to nothing.  For that reason I am no longer willing to be part of the thumbtack family and will be notifying thumbtack once i find the text number. I will be researching another way to have side jobs.

Regards

Randy Orr

Re: Cannot respond to potential customers

Solved! Jump to solution
I also went from getting jobs all the time and being a top pro to getting 1 job every 4 months at the cost of hundreds. They really let me down.
cuzmail
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

TT could start by letting us know the criteria used to determine a lead's value and charge as TT determines. Make the formula public so we can make informed decisions. Also, either charge for quotes or be honest and say you are charging for a potential lead and price it accordingly. The current system generates an unknown charge for any type of contact. The TT system is fails to get enough information to generate a quote, we have to send a note asking for more information. TT takes that quesiton and proceeds to consider it a quote and charge us the undetermined amount. I have personally sent many requests for more information to members. Only 1 replied and of course TT wanted to charge me 12 dollars to ask the customer a simple size of room question. My experience relates to contracting home repairs.

phdsecurity
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
You are sooooo on the money! I provide private security services, I never have enough information on the initial customer request for services. I always have to ask for more information and TT charges me for that
phdsecurity
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have not read a single positive comment about this topic.
If I was part of the Thumbtack administrator team, this would be of great concern to me.
With this many unhappy clients...how will Thumbtack adjust??? Don't think you can survive the industry with this many unhappy people.

Solved! Jump to solution

There is nothing more frustrating than responding to a request, only to have the potential client ask you questions so they can "Do It Themselves". I've paid Thumbtack on several occassions where the "response" was a "How do I...?" Usually, people pay me for my expertise - instead, I've had to pay someone else to give it away! I can answer questions for free on my social media pages with my content or volunteer events.

I have passed on many requests because, if I've seen that the requestor has responded to [5] other quotes, I pretty much know I'm going to pay a fee to answer a DIY question, or reiterate my pricing, which is clearly stated in my quotes - which they apparently didn't read. This type of requestor behavior also leads me to believe these are revenue generators placed by Thumbtack - which is also discouraging.

I agree with some of the previous comments about installing a fee to the requestor - I see many posts which I've learned are actually job recruiters looking to hire staff - or send email marketing bombs. It might also dissuade people form trying to ask for free DIY's.

I would be happy to pay a little for a great lead/client - but I think they need to be screened for value and sincerity, too.

EventPhotos
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
My biggest issues is that you changed the bidding process and pricing several times in a very short period. That makes it hard to plan for a business. The cost have significantly went up to the point that I no longer bid on the under $250 request.
Highlighted
JazzbandDave
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I would be willing to gamble 3 bucks on an unqualified lead with about 1 percent chance of landing the job. From the leads I'm interested in, I would probably buy 1 or 2 per day (90 to 180 bucks a month) Multiply that by all your pros and you do the math.
But no way will I or can I spend 30 to 50 bucks on a lead. Come on guys.
Thanks,
Dave Washburn Jazz Band