Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
ScottK
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Request additional information before being charged
I think there could be a vast improvement in your relationship with pros if we could ask the customer for more information about their request. Our info does not need to be given out to the customer at this time. Maybe send the customer a message saying an interested pro would like more detail about your project. A lot of the requests for handyman work are so vague it is very hard to figure out what exactly the customer needs. I don't think any pro will argue with paying for a lead they get outbid on but we need a legit chance to put an accurate bid together. I for one, am sick and tired of paying for leads that contact you and then ghost you as soon as you ask for their address and phone number so I can go bid the job.
mjgabel
Level 5

So, Thumbtack wants to talk about pricing... But No one at Thumbtack is Addressing the issue.

Solved! Jump to solution

So, Thumbtack stared a discussion. Asked for feedback (which has not been great), and all the professionals are awaiting a response. I know this was just published, BUT.. I persoally have been trying to have this converation with thunbtack for some time now. I began noticing a BIG problem with the new model a few days after launch. 

I called and left a few messages to have a round table conversation about this topic with thumbtack. If your so interested in hearing from your professionals, why no call back or notice that your looking into this problem. In case your not aware, IT IS A PROBLEM. 

So, I am asking you Thumbtack.. What are you doing to resolve this?

MJ Gabel - Advisors & Trustees of Fine Jewelry
13 South Ave.
Webster, NY 14580
www.mjgabel.com
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
In my field the price is to much when im only making 60 to 80 month on customer 85% of time we dont get the account lawn service is a hard job to get customers because you can lose a customer over 5 dollars different and the fees your charging making it harder to stay with you please lower the price and our feild thanks and i dont bid on one time cuts because we only get like 40.00 buck a cut and if you charge your price and whennumcle same get there cut ee left with almost nothing please give a separate price for one time cuts
0 Kudos
yopastorearl
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Well, let's start with why quotes for the same service (I'm a wedding officiant) vary in price. Most of the details of a wedding (guests attending, date, etc.) don't impact my price, so why should they impact the cost I pay you to connect me with a customer? Why not just have a set percentage of the job value based on my quote that you send to the potential client?

Then let's talk about all of the dead-end leads I get. I hear you when you say that it's my job to land the client, but an increasing number of so-called leads are dead-end from the get-go. Engaged couples enter their information on a half-dozen websites but never follow-up with them. It's all part of the rush of beginning wedding planning. Pros in multiple wedding-related fields AND couples have confirmed this is how it generally works. Therefore, you are charging me for leads that are ingenuine, at best. 

Then there's the fact that for about a year now many of we pros have been asking you to please do something about your online scheduling "system." Most of us don't have the time to update yet another calendar, and BAM we get charged for leads we cannot pursue because we already have other jobs booked on the requested dates. How hard can it really be to allow your online calendar/scheduler to sync with Google or other cloud-based calendars/schedulers? Not THAT hard, but continuing to ignore your pros makes you money by charging us for "leads" that you would not otherwise be able to.

I used to tell other pros about Thumbtack, but I have not in a while and will not begin to again until your "concern" about our opinions begins to manifest in actual improvements.

0 Kudos
Anthonym
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I am more interested on I am suppose to give customer a price without see the job.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbwcruz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

You are simply too expensive and confusing.  I am constantly getting referrals from customers/clients who are too far away to actually seek me out.  While the mileage is approximately 25 miles away, there is a mountain range in between!  Know your area.  I have made many attempts at adjusting this, to no avail.  There have also been times where clients have been referred to me (at a cost) because of some speciality that I actually don't do - hence too expensive.  You encouarge me to get reviews, but due to the confidential nature of my business, that it not possible.

lesmok
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm not responding to any more leads on Thumbtack unless and until some radical overhaul addressing the problems of fake leads and pricing takes place.  I can do much better using my $40 on a mailer, rather than sending messaged to a Bot on Thumbtack that wants to know my availability.

Starting this discussion for frustrated business owners  to blow off steam and then awarding them silly brownie points and merit badges when they voice their concerns is the final straw.  "Pro" (in case the people at Thumbtack don't know it, is short for "professional."  We should be treated like professional, not the high-handed and condescending treatment we get from Thumbtack.

lesmok
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I for one am not responding to any more leads on Thumbtack unless and until some radical overhaul addressing the problems of fake leads and pricing takes place.  I can do much better using my $40 on a mailer, rather than sending messaged to a Bot on Thumbtack that wants to know my availability.

Starting this discussion for frustrated business owners  to blow off steam and then awarding them silly brownie points and merit badges when they voice their concerns is the final straw.  "Pro" (in case the people at Thumbtack don't know it, is short for "professional."  We should be treated like professional, not the high-handed and condescending treatment we get from Thumbtack.

p19581
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Those badges reveal the average age of those working at Thumbtack. I'm sure these kids are all very good with computers  but how many  of them have actually run a business that involves people and not computers?

SDScott
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, I have used Thumbtack since I started my catering business in Spring of 2017.  Through the next 6 months it served me very well, I got started, had great customers and I would recommend the site to other personal chefs and caterers.  Yes, the investment was there but when only 5 "pros" could send a quote the chances were better.  Then when it went from credits to dollars things changed, then from dollars to no price point for the costumer it even changed more.  All of the jobs but one since May that I have done through this site were all booked in May and I have not had one solid lead since.  I have been charge $45 for one reply for the customer to go from a high end catering price point to $10 a person then used my ideas and found someone else to do it cheaper.  In those two weeks I was charge over $150 for people replying once then never replying again.  I don't recommend this site to other people at this point and I hardly ever bid on here anymore.  Having 9 other people bid on one job is ludicrous and it is not helping me for my business in anyway possible.  I stay on here for the POSSIBLE lead that may come through and because I have a substantial amount of reviews on this site.  In my opinion this helped me start my business but it is not helping me any longer and I didn't always think that but now I do.