Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jcp
Level 9

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

@SDScott

Reading your post I just wanted to reach out to you and say that I am sorry you found Thumbtack in May and wish it was much sooner.  I am with you on your point.  For 4 years I have had unbelievable response from Thumbtack.  Since May . . . . I booked 2 clients.  I averaged about 6-7 new bookings a month.  At a cost of about $75-$85 a month.   That is an extreme drop of revenue and activity.

I am remaining hopeful for a service that provided me with so much work to return to a favorable system.  The credit system and the 5 only to quote seemed to be my best days.  I am still checking leads daily and won't remove my account because I have hope.  I have too many reviews to just walk away. 

But yes, you came in at a very unfortunate time.  Hang in there and just keep checking and being smart as you come accross.  I just read your post and thought "dang - all these people that just signed up within the last copule months have no idea".....

Good luck!

Jami

SDScott
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Jami,

Thank you, I actually found it last year in May of 2017 so I know how frustrating it must be for people that just joined this summer. I used to recommend it now I tell people to stay away unless they change it back....I also have too many reviews to walk away and look daily but I rarely quote anymore which is a shame.

AlohaCanine
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Aloha,

My frustration is paying for people accessing my services directly as an instant match or whatever it is called.

More often than not the lead is wanting services I do not provide and I get charged and contacted by the client even if I ignore the request.

I receive entirely TOO MANY private dog training requests and I know I am being charged for the contact.  I am unable to provide that service as I exclusively only Board & Train at my facility.

I really liked the old pricing that was fixed as I had better control of my advertising dollar as I chose the client.

Now I feel liked I am being bilked for money not being able to control your charges.

mmhylton
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
For piano teachers, I actually think it's good where it's at. Pleased with the recent lowering in cost we've gotten. Love using Thumbtack!
My only request is that for the "Why did you so using Instant Match" thing, there's an option for "I have enough business for right now" as that's why I'm not currently using it (there's just nowhere to put that).
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I love the idea of Thumbtack as a whole but I absolutely DESPISE your pricing structure as a Thumbtack Professional. I was a member of thumbtack prior to having this pricing structure. In the past, the professionals purchased credits and were reimbursed credits when the customer did not reply within a given amount of time. I have an outstanding balance right now of $210 and I would rather have my account canceled instead of paying the $210.  My balance is due to a customer wanting to know more about my services and my website of which is ALL INCLUDED in my bio. The customer did not even book with me or follow up with me yet I am left with the balance to pay having made ZERO dollars. 

I understand your platform is the gateway to introducing professionals to customers. However, charging a professional for receiving an inquiry and the professional was never booked by the customer... is ridiculous. A professional should only be charged if the customer actually hires/books the professional to complete their service requested. As a professional, I have to raise my quotes well above the standard price due to the fact I will lose money because of your "service averages" for each category. If the going rate for a logo on Thumbtack is $70, but I usually only charge $85, I am only making $15 to advertise my services on your website.

I am a "professional" on the WIX Website Arena program which is very similar to Thumbtack. WIX Arena does not charge the website professionals anything, nothing, nada. It is truly a site to advertise WIX Professionals skillset and up to the customer to decide whom they choose to design their website. It is not a money hungry platform like Thumbtack. When a customer sends an inquiry, as the professional you have the option to write them back, ignore their request, or report them as spam. The professional also has to respond back to the customer within 1 business day or the request is immediately removed. If the professional does not respond back to 10 customers the profile is immediately deactivated until the professional reaches back out to WIX. WIX provides all of the information to the professional and does not withhold any information as Thumbtack does.  If/when the customer does choose the selected professional, the professional then has to input the project into WIX for proof as well as it displays on the professional's project page for others to view. 

I sincerely hope you change this pricing structure because otherwise I will be removing my profile and letting my $210 go unresolved. 

Andrea
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

omg bblgummarketing I agree with you 100%! And keep in mind if you push hard enough you can get your money back! It's not your fault they started overcharging.  

0 Kudos
Andrea
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to love Thumbtack and now I hardly use it.  I hate the new pricing structure!  I used to love that I had control over each quote and knew exactly what I was paying to bid a job.  Now its a guessing game.  Also the pricing increased way to fast. My average bid went from $10 to $40.  Thats crazy! Your no longer competive to other sites pricing like home advisor.  I would like to go back to knowing how much per bid before I quote because your new idea of value and mine are apparently different. 

Solved! Jump to solution

An ongoing issue with Thumbtack is that I don't get to list myself as an online provider and also restrict the area I can accept requests from.  Long story short, it's a licensing issue.  So I was getting contacts from people outside the area I can serve, and charged for them.  I have been back and forth with Thumbtack many times.  No real solutions. 

The pricing is not transparent.  How do you decide what a job is "worth"?  Thumbtack was a great source for new clients.  No more.  I don't know what has changed, but something has.  It is no longer a good value for me.  I am soon to deactivate my account and put my money elsewhere.

Do something.

Highlighted
mjacklin
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I know that I missed the deadline, but I was away when this email arrived. So I'm going to submit my comments anyway. I find your pricing utterly confusing and excessive. I actually lost money in July and August and have taken a hiatus to think about whether I'm going to continue to do business with Thumbtack. I think it's ridiculous to charge me if someone "responds" because it doesn't mean that the potential client is going to hire me. Often I never hear from the person again, despite repeated attempts on my part to communicate. And sometimes I think it's a come-on by Thumbtack. The response is always: "What's the next step in the process?" I can't believe that everyone says the same thing. Also, the fee that you charge is excessive for resume writing. These aren't people who can pay a lot of money. Many are unemployed or underemployed. So I can't charge a lot. And because I had to raise my price because Thumbtack dramatically raised its price, for the first time I had two clients who didn't pay me even though I did the work. I had no way of forcing them to pay me. In large part, that's why I lost money in July and August. Thumbtack really needs to rethink its pricing structure.

nealjackson
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

It appears that my pricing has been steadly increasing over the last few months. Initially my average cost for a lead was in the $25 range. It is now in the $50 range.

If a lead turns into a proposal than i am fine, or if i can get a response, or a cocnversation. Too often i get charged $50 and i do not even get a response. If i do not get a response that is not a lead, and it is worth $0.

If i get a respose and i can make a proposal than fine.

Thanks for the opportunity to to discuss.