Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
AK
Level 2

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello, 

I loved this platform at first - I was careful to only send out quotes to potential customers that had a serious looking job request - If they responded I was charged a reasonable rate as expected from the budget setting tool you provide. I have my budget set to max out at an estimated 3 quotes. I recently quoted a fairly simple job an hourly rate like I do most often and was charged my maximum budget on my first lead. I'm also quite surprised as this could potentially be a third gouged out of my final earnings for a finders fee?! Not too fair in my opinion.

atabaei
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
The Thumbtack priceing for the quotes are totally terrible, I personally don’t give out any quote to the customer who has only one contact, because I had experienced that customer for instance start to chat and asked non sense questions from all professionals who quoted and all of us had been charged and finally he didn’t hire anybody, this sucks. I don’t trust them and always try to ask them please don’t reply or ask anything if my quote doesn’t work for you because Thumbtack will charge me as soon as you reply or asking any question.
Qwksilver
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

When we have alot of bookings, most are not TT generated, we just raise our pricing to a point that only serious clints would contact us.

With our company being impacted with a lot more business, we will again raise prices to slow the contacts. Works better than shutting down instant quote. We have considered leaving TT, but when business takes a dip, we lower pricing and get more work. We only use TT for about 3-10% of our total business. Only good for filler work to keep employees busy. Would love to use this platform for more work, but who wants to be buried in a barrage of 16-20 other bidders. 5-6 is more than enough as clients can look to find a pro on the profiles.

0 Kudos
JonMFT
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing was way too expensive for me. I feel it would be better if we were charged once there was a booking, as opposed to just someone looking at my profile or asking a question, but then not booking an appointment. The return on investment was not worth my investment.
Firebelly
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been a member of Thumbtack since it opened in this market. There were some issues then regarding demographics, inconsistantly charging different prices for similar jobs. I gave Thumbtack some slack as I considered it to be growint pains. The format did not allow for the customer to accurately describe there job. It did'nt really matter to me because paying for the credits was a calculated risk I was willing to take. Thumbtak does not qualify the customer's. We do!! The customer does not always tell the truth, or accurately describes the total amount of work. As a Contractor, I may get a bid describing a total deck, when in fact, all the customer wants is a few boards replaced. The current system of charging me, seemingly whatever Thumbtack decides is rediculaous. Unless Thumbtack is going to qualify the customer better. Thumbtack justifies charging such an enormous amount of money; $75.00 for the pleasure of having a customer click a button, or message me just to shop prices? Or arrange to call in order to discuss there job, but never following up. 

Like a lot of small business owners I  cannot affored to do business that way. Originally, I it would be up to me to sell the customermy services based on what I paid for the credits. Now I get charged even before I have the opportunity to speak with and build the relationship. The whole idea of my profile is to get the customer to call me to discuss the job and arrange a time to meet. Building that relationship is a process. Thumbtack has no business in "MY BUSINESS"!! The idea that Thumbtack is deciding what I am going to pay for each bid based on the demand, the location, and/or the job is rediculaous. How about letting the free market work that out.

Unfortunately, Thumbtack has become "Greedy Bastards". You had a very good thing going and the business was growing. You guys messed it up. It took my several months of contacting Thumbtack to get answers as to why I am being charged before knowing how much the bid will cost me. Eventually, I came across an individual that was trained and knowledgable. For some reason, when I want to bid on a project I must go into the app, (as usual); click on "view request", then click on "learn more" in order to find the price for that bid. Oh my G-d!! You must be kidding me!!! Who has time for that!!!!

Based on the reviews, I see 100 % of the feedback is that Thumbtack became greedy bastards. I am now forced to promote, market, and advertise my business elswhere. I cannot honestly promote Thumbtack anymore and I am telling everone I know NOT to use them. 

With the credit system I was closing over 90% of the jobs that I bid on. With your "New and Improved System", I don't even bid on more than 10% of the requests. From those 10%, I don't close many because they do not fill out the requst form accurately.

Thumbtack, you guys need to fix this. Make the pricing fair. Bring back the credit system. You do not know our business better than we do so, stay out of our business!! Do what you do best. Get customers in front of us and make it fair and compelling for us to jump at the chance to "get that job".

Iswhoa2
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yuo are 100% correct on the You do not know our business better than we do so, stay out of our business!!

Thumbtack, you guys need to fix this. Make the pricing fair. Bring back the credit system. You do not know our business better than we do so, stay out of our business!! Do what you do best. Get customers in front of us and make it fair and compelling for us to jump at the chance to "get that job".

Solved! Jump to solution

I just paid $70! for ONE lead! When the same quotes before as in two weeks ago cost me $30.00. We need to know what YOU think its MOST valuable because clearly its all over the place! I am beyond words! 

Dballard
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Fortunately, my use of Thumbtack got off to such a great enough start that I have repeat customers outside of this platform. As soon as the "set budget" model was introduced, I knew I'd be spending far more on fees than it's worth. I am a "Top Pro" face painter, who has not booked a gig through Thumtack since June, but have paid upwards of $250 in fees for being asked "Are you available on my date?" I obviously would not be responding to the inquiry if I were not available. 

I've stopped sending quotes and have no plans to continue under the current pricing model. October is the busiest season for face painters. I'm receiving over 40 job leads per day, but here lies the problem...Instead of booking a face painter for a party, these are leads from people who want to have one or two people painted (with pros charging anywhere from $25-60). Can you just imagine the potential fees??? It would not only be a significant percentage, but consider the customers who use the quick response and never follow through. $$$$$$$ out of the pros' pockets. 

I'd noticed that fewer and fewer pros were responding to customers. Thumbtack has now limited the viewable jobs' insight information. I'm pretty sure that's no coincidence. I'm just going to sit back and see how long you all plan to discourage professionals from using your service.

lesmok
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

For $36 I can exchange messages on Thumbtack with a Bot that eventually disappears into cyberspace, or I can buy 100 names on a targeted mailing list which will yield 1-3 contacts, or use it to increase traffic on my website with Adwords.  That's a no brainer, which is why I have switched the Thumbtack notification off. 

DJKee
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
After today....no more bids for me...
Reading this thread and my own frustration...I will not simply give my hardworking money away to Thumbtack for introducing me to "leads" "clients", or "customers ." I agree Thumbtack should be due something, but not at the cost of Professionals taking a loss. This Hurtful too both users of site....pros and customers....Even though most customers are searching for the cheapest pro, they are not getting some excellent service providers due to Thumbtack cost