Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Roger
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Here's a perfect example of how completely out of touch you are with respect to contacts and charging protocols.  You constantly send out reminders "follow up on your bids, it'll bring more business" So I follow up with a young man who is getting married, he out of courtesy responds to my follow up. He says , "he has no questions but will contact me in the future if they do. Thanks for your quick response."  Just good old courtesy and you charge me $45 because that's a contact.  You charged me $45 because some woman requested me by name, when I responded to her request, nothing but I still get charged $45, how is that even ethical? certainly not a good reflection on my "business partner"

LearnFrench
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I haven't had a client in a while with Thumbtack. Used to but no longer do. It seems that since the prices went up I have a LOT more leads but none of them are getting back to me. The price we have to pay is way way too high as we are not guaranteed the job. Very disappointing. This used to make a difference in my business. It no longer does. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Are you even real? I replied to your email you sent me yesterday and it kicked it back.....

Heres what I was trying to send you:

Hi Vinamrata,

We are new at this and it seems we might need to disconnect ourselves from thumbtack. We are paying a lot of money for people sending us an “interested” email or “where do we go from here?” and then we respond, via Thumbtack or their email, within less than a hour and they never respond back. I could understand if our quote is too high, but they contacted us based on our quote that was sent by Thumbtack. 

We were hoping you could help grow our business, but you’re just putting us in debt. We need you’re help with less frustration.  

We will ask for reimbursement on 2 more inquiries (because you charged us for what you think or thought we could make)...we’ve been more than fair on prices and have really good reviews to help us build our business using Thumbtack. You will be seeing 2 disputes coming in for us. 

Anything you can do to help would be appreciated...

rcfirebird81
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I like the old pricing better, i qoyte a lot of t-shirts for $20-$40 and that doesn't leave a profit margin when you deduct shirts,paint and 13 or $14 for thumbach. Last job I did I priced at $20 and you charged me almost $14.00 for qoute, I gave that one away. Had another I had to turn down because it was a very small job and with the qoute I would have paid them to work on there product. I would rather pay $3 to get a quote out , either way you can't depend on the customer to say yes. At $3 I don't have to worry about quoting and not making anything on a job. Please change something or I will not be able to write quotes,it is not profitable and I am not going to keep quoting to get a job for $20 and paying most of that for a quote. Thank you Russ Crow Graphic FX Airbrushing, Design and Painting.

0 Kudos
MissJen
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I do not like the new pricing at all.  The cost used to be up front in the quote, now I have to go find it and it's gone up considerably than when I bought credits.  I don't know why I should be charged more for a piano lesson with one student versus another?  And why is Thumbtack the expert?  Example:  I will not respond to a customer that does not have a piano at home.  I will not take on a student under 5 years old.  But sometimes those are the customers you charge more for.

I also do not like that I can't use different templates like I used to.  Each student is so different (age, level, background) it's really hard to sell myself with a "blanket" description.

I also am a professional musician and have always had trouble separating the two in Thumbtack.  Referrals for gigs will go to Piano Lessons and referrals for piano lessons go to Music Entertainment.  And I can't transfer the two.

I think you should keep your PAYING customers better informed instead of getting a surprise charge of $22 on my Discover card.  Any transaction I make - I usually get a confirmation e-mail.  

I feel you guys are going in the wrong direction and you only care about the potential customers who are asking about us - who pay nothing.  I do not quote as much as I used to.  That $22 brought me no business at all....  because I can't personalize any messages or templates.

Obviously, I'm not happy with Thumbtack!

Solved! Jump to solution

First, it's ludicrous to expect a pro to submit a quote without first knowing the cost of doing so.  Second, I've been telling you guys for years that the system can never be "fair" unless Thumbtack levies a fee for creating a post/job.  Finally, Pro's will avoid Thumbtack because the cost continually goes up while the benefit goes down.

MissJen
Level 5

BAD CUSTOMERS

Solved! Jump to solution

I just went in and looked at what I was charged for - $25 for a crazy man who talked and talked and talked about his problems finding a piano player - hired me - and then called the next day saying someone from the party found someone else.  Then I had to listen to that dissertation for another 20 minutes.  Wayne Francis Antal is crazy and is a bad customer.

I think this is very unfair to me to pay you$25 to listen to an old man drone on and on - and I didn't even get the gig.

Boy, I'm really not liking Thumbtack anymore.  That quote used to cost me $3-7......  big leap.

bulldog
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Before customers had a spot to mark when they want the job done roughly.That helped because I knew my schedule & wouldn't waste time quoting on something I couldn't get to right away.As far as pricing goes its about tripled from when I started.But still wouldn't have a problem with that if I knew I was going to get the job.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sopered8
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello people I have been using thumtack for over 2years. Your pricing has gotten a little over the top. I feel that pros. Should only be changed for jobs that respond to them. You said that was the case! Well you need to tell the people in your accounting office. Because they are charging for every lead I answered. Even if I never get a response. Can you please look into this. I would be happy to pay 10% of a job.as long as I get the job.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Photography is an extremely saturated market. Everyone is looking for what hobbiests charge because they think that is the norm for a price point. Professionals are way over the budget of what I see people asking on here and Thumbtack takes way to big of a percentage out when the odds are already way out of favor and then to take a cut to reach their budget and then lose over 10% of the profit and that’s if the inquirer is truly interested. I want to use you guys more often but there is no happy medium, it was too cheap and all the hobbiests were participating and now it’s too expensive for it to not be worth the risk for getting the job. I hope Thumbtack is keeping into consideration how saturated each industry is.

Thank you
Jess