Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree if thumbtack doesn’t go back to the way you used to buy credits and use them up more slowly, I see myself going to use other companies for marketing and customer leads. Make it affordable for small businesses thumbtack. Most of us are loyal to you!!
MYteddydog1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't make any more  bids because I never know what it's going to cost . I was a lot more apt to bid when you had your charges up front . I probably won't be with Thumbtack for very long under this new system !

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm happy you brought this up @MYteddydog1. We understand how frustrating it was to not know the price upfront, and after hearing a lot of feedback we made a change. For the past month and a half, we have been showing how much it will cost to get a contact from a customer before you decide to send a quote. To see the price all you need to do is select request details and then click "learn more". Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

AEHoerl
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Meckell

Again, I apologize for the shortness, and I appreciate that you're just doing your job and are constrained by choices made by people above you in the Thumbtack organization, but I hope you can understand how insulting and irritating it is to me and many other pros when the only offical response I've seen so far (I freely confess I may have missed one--this thread's heavy activity is messing with the way posts are being shown) on a thread with hundreds of responses only addresses a side issue instead of addressing the core point of, again, literally hundreds of comments.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to come to a conclusion other than the following: Thumbtack is no longer interested in primarily reaching small-scale pros/businesses who provide customized service and compete on a mixture of price and quality (not just price); understand that not every client is a good fit; and have a sense of what is appropriate to spend on marketing. Thumbtack has concluded that its profits will be improved by appealing to large companies who can afford to throw money away and/or amateur-newbies who don't realize that it is fatal to fork over such a high percentage of their fee for a very basic lead--a lead that has not become any more valuable in most categories, despite the price increase.

Can you help disabuse me of this conclusion?

Again, thank you for your time.

AKD
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I hear that. 

Magicsmurf
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Honestly I don't mind the pay when they contact you idea but the rates are outrageous. $75 for interior painting a single room because the customer messed up and put the entire home square footage. Shoot $75 period is greedy. Example, one contact of ours reached out to 9 pros. 9! That is $300 to Thumbtack and she didn't even hire one of us. Asked everyone their availability and never contacted anyone else again. Your pricing is too high. Highest bid should be maybe $25 and it should be based on our quote, not faulty information that the customer enters.
jase_121
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Agreed
0 Kudos
DavidFixango
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Totally agree!
0 Kudos
BigDave
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree 100% Thumback cost per lead has gotten so much more expensive on services that dont have a lot of profit in them to begin with. That's why I have turned of instant match on all but a few services we offer

David Edmonds
Edmonds Home Improvements
Highlighted
Iswhoa2
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The new pricing is definitely confusing and pricey! Lets be honest  first of all most people that use Thumbtack are just fishing and not a legit customers or just plain old cheap customers that you will have issues down the road with most likely. Second there is never enough info to even understand what the request is to began with! 

We are reputable moving company and this is typical request we get from Thumbtack Customer:

Type of move: House 

Stairs: Yes

Box count: 20-40

To: Zip

When: date

How the  can i estimate or give someone a price based on this? and you want $30.00 for it? I would say its worth $0.99 if you ask me! 

Like other pros said, make them enter a Credit Card, even just for a $dollar to make sure people are serious about the services and not just bored and fishing around costing us $$$$$$$$$$$$$. 

This is why i don't bother using it anymore, its a waste of $ and most importantly of my time, i hope i make sense and didn't waster my time writing this as well! 

Thanks

Chris,