Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
rpleas
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for considering my comments as a possible solution.  I am happy to discuss further if you like.

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

Here is today's sample about pricing.  I don't know how many I have to keep showing - after reading soooo many comments in this feed its crazy.  I would hope that the message is getting across to the decision makers and soon some significant changes will be happening.  It seems I am not the only one for sure who has pulled away from TT.  And to confirm my choice,  when I see a lead come in today that has NO information and a cost attached . . . .    its so disappointing.

Here it is:      A request comes in.   No date, no budget, no time for hours, just a request with no information and a $44.18 customer response fee.   How can Thumbtack come up with a fee at all with no proper information?   This is a great example of showing what is not working.  Besides the triple price - - a incoming request with no determining details? I hope that NO ONE is Instanly Matched with this person because it should not be matched with anyone if you put in your filters.  This simply doesn't make sense.  And maybe this customer could really use my services.  Too bad he will not learn of me.

zack q 1 e.jpgzack q 2e.jpgzack q 3e.jpg

0 Kudos
Tigerwebster
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I no longer use thumbtack as a way to Market my business out of the low percentage of leads that actually convert as a company if you are confident that your leads are actually valid then there should be a way to engage with potential prospects and reward Freelancers with the fastest response rate and highest quality of work overtime I feel that other online freelance platforms are dominating market share as a result of making Freelancers feel as if they are valued respected and have a viable opportunity at engaging with potential prospects.

Solved! Jump to solution

I loved Thumbtack when I first started my business. I would say 90% of my business was from here. I would get three opportunites a day if not more. I am based out of New Orleans and now I get matched with places in Mississippi and Alabama. People can just contact me, click hire, review me and my card gets charged $9. I don't even understand how Thumbtack works anymore. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Your prices don't make sense. There are certain things that are too high for a small service and then there could be a request for a more involved service and the prices is lower. I don't believe you know what you are doing. And from what I gather on here, there is not one positive remark. I have lost numerous possible bids only because I was not going to pay for someone to ask me a question and then decide they don't want to hire anyone because they got their answer. Customers should pay for a contact. In my mind, though, I believe you may not like this because it may diminish the quantity of users that sign up for a bid. In my opinion, though, this is important because now you know that you are dealing with someone who is serious and not just jumping at free info from pros.

So, quit asking pros what we think. You've been told. This is something serious and you're getting a bad rap. You will continue getting bad reviews until this is remedied. And if you are at all serious "Thumbtack" and not out just to make a quick dollar, then you will do it ASAP.

John
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I MUCH preferred the way Thumbtack use to charge about $3.34 per lead.

I despise how it is done now. I find myself passing on just about all quotes.

Early on I tried the new system and as I recall it got me a "suspect" not a "prospect". I think the guy was lonely and just wanted to chat.

I have been a Top Pro for 3 times and used to recommend Thumbtack to other teachers.

I am saddened and disappointed at how Thumbtack changed.

The change is not good for music teachers
Bruinmom
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
You've got a lot of dissatisfied customers! Let me know when you go back to the old pricing method.
From a long time user!
JSBOS
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Your new model has crushed what was once a thriving business for me.  In addition to increasing the number of quotes from 5 to 20 (quadroupling the compeitive landscape), you have made in exceeding easy for the customer to quick "Sounds good, whats next" so that many of them do that on all 20 quotes. Brilliant UX design on your end to maximize your profit but most times they hit that button not knowing that they just charge 20 providers $25 each.  Now lets talk pricing..   The new pricing model has blown up the economics entirely.   I used to pay $3-7 per quote and now it is $25.  If I were to win 20% of the quotes then I MAY breakeven. My guess is that the resume writer landscacpe is now dominated by a few large players and the little guy (like me) has been squeezed out.   I am really disappointed in the new pro "unfriendly" design, but I am guessing you guys are blowing through profit expecations.  Let me know when you IPO, maybe I will buy your stock, but until you make the platform more pro friendly I am an occassional user. 

Highlighted
Vlazaro
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Well over time the pricing has increased way too much that I stopped giving out quotes because I would usually not get the job and still be charged for it. Thumbtack has boosted up their prices and are way higher than Angie’s list or any other company. Therefore I don’t use the app that often, id rather look for jobs through my own website. The instamatch has changed a lot as well because the same thing the pricing. You are charging way too much than what we get from the actual job.
sweetrock
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

My quotes are for Horse Back Riding lessons, so if I am lucky and a customer becomes a weekly student I can make out on this type of quote .   However Horse Back Riding is not for everyone. so the customer tries it and I may make $40 for one session to never see that person again.    Currently Thumbtack charges me $17 on my credit card for one lead,   not on Paypal the way it use to be.    So one quote cost me $17 vs the $6 purchasing credits through Paypal in 2017 .   Nothing like doubling your fees!  What I am the professional getting out of this? 

I have addressed this several times to employees here at thumbtack, I get we will pass it on.  So instead of dicussing it, can we get this situation resolved, other wise this pro will look else where.