Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Question / Suggestion:

For beginners of Thumbtack, if a customer chooses to use your services and you're just getting started, is it possible to allow payment from them first (prior to deducting the $$ amount given to purchase the quote)?   

Afterwhich, the pricing amount quoted could be scheduled for an automatic draft (via the date provided from you, Thumbtack) once a confirmed payment has been received...whether the client choses to pay in full or even place a deposit towards their potential services to be provided.

Just asking.

Thank.

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey, it’s me, Vinamrata again! It’s so amazing to see so many incredible responses to my post! I really appreciate all the great thoughts and questions you’ve posted so far. I’m all ears, so keep them coming!

I know this is an important topic to you, so I want to get you a response as soon as possible. If you respond to this thread by noon EST tomorrow, October 17th, I’ll be back to you with a response within the week. It’s a lot to read and process, so I appreciate your patience!  Thanks again for the enthusiasm and helpful feedback!

Beth
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

You have 152 pages of responses already, and all you can say is, please respond???

I personally have responded three or four times to this thread already.

It seems to me that you already have plenty of responses to address.

You're not gong to get any goodwill from your pros by simply posting upbeat messages about our "enthusiasm."  We want our complaints to be addressed.  "Addressed," by the way, means "acted upon," not "acknowledged."

Did you notice how many people told you that they used to love Thumbtack?  And that now they are disgusted?

Fix this.

AEHoerl
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@Beth I completely agree about the appalling tone-deafness of this response from Thumbtack. The people offering suggestions here are not trying out for the JV cheer squad; they are offering serious feedback concerning issues that affect their ability to put food on the table, clothes on the back of children, etc. And Thumbtack's first attempt at an official response makes light of all this by cooing about "enthusiasm"? Are they actively trying to drive away and belittle their pros?!

This doesn't really affect me any longer, but I have experience managing huge discussions like this (I used to moderate a very large message board) and it's fascinating to see how TT is behaving. I can't look away.

Highlighted
Drummerpro
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Yep. A bunch of crickets in here. I’m a top pro, and it’s so crappy! Fix it!

Solved! Jump to solution

Your enthusiam is great, but there are a lot of us here waiting for CHANGE.  You listening doesn't matter much if there are hundreds of us saying that we used to love thumbtack, and now don't bother using it because of the changes.  Why shouldn't I just go through a platform that actually charges fairly and seems to value my time as a freelancer, as opposed to only valuing clients?  I'll keep hoping Thumbtack goes back to a fair system, because I used to use you guys quite a bit and find great clients, but I won't be using this platform again until things change for the better and I feel like it's worth my time and money.

Solved! Jump to solution
Great I cant wait to see a reasonable solution.
0 Kudos
lloydmathis
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am not sure how much i am paying for any one lead. It seams like what ever i set my budget at is what i end up being charged. It has become so expencive it has make more sents use home adviser. i want to know the cost of the lead upfront. It makes it hard to budget.

I perfered when I could see the price of the bid. This would allow me to make an informed decision based on the discription in the lead. I used Thunb Tack excluvaly for two years. Now it is only 40% of my over all lead chanles. Am realy think about cutting it back even more. 

0 Kudos
Romeyrome11
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a huge fan of the pay for each lead. I never know how much I’m going to be charged anymore. I’m a wedding officiant and I have set prices I don’t charge based how many people are attending the wedding.
TheLast10SF
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

I got a message that my post was an "accepted solution". Not sure what that means except maybe TT community software gone arwy.  

0 Kudos