Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
SSTechPlus
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I hope you still look at this. I have a few issues but I am sure most people have been through them already with you. My two main issues are below:

All of a sudden customers and conversating but not committing to starting work.  They make excuses that are flimsy even though I never ask for any reason. It is an ODD pattern.

Lastly, we offer to get the customer to the "right" experts. If they get a list of 20 it quotes it is not going to seem like a "special" group was selected for them. It only adds to the confusion and extra work for a customer. Plus a good, available expert is one of the first 5 to respond. 

I have stopped bidding so please help!

Samuel

0 Kudos
Bondarchuk
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

As I right this, there are 178 pages and 1,770 responses to this topic.  Of every single post that I read in response to this issue (aside from one clearly confused newbie to thumbtack), there isn't single person that is happy with the way this place has changed in anyway.  Here are the main things that people want:

1.  Real customers with real stakes.  Charge them a fee to actually pay to post.  Make them fill out acutal information on the job so people know what they want.  Stop giving them the quick option of hitting a generic response back that instantly charges the pros money for some b.s. that you want to call a lead.

2.  Your prices are obnoxiously high and completely unrealistic.  Whatever garbage algorithym you use to determine what to charge pros is inaccruate.  YOU DO NOT KNOW OUR BUSINESSES, WHAT THE JOB COSTS, ANY SORT OF GOING RATE NOR WHAT THE PROJECTS FULLY ENTAIL!!!!  Only we as the pros know that.  Not you people that have zero experience in any of our fields.  Stop actting like you are the epitomy of knowledge for everything.  YOU PEOPLE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT OUT BUSINESSES.

3.  Stop with the randomly changes prices.  I reviewed my bid history and I had tons of $8.78 bids.  Then the system switched and one bid went up to $31.  Then the latest was $52 for a simple canned response the person wanted to hear more.  Then, as is clearly par for the course, they completely disappeared.  Big surprise considering the same thing happens to everyone on here.  Is it nothing but every completely flaky person on the planet posts on thumbtack just because?  Or is it fake jobs created by thumbtack to get people to bid so they can take money from the people?  I'm going with the later.  Seems to be the most realistic scenario.  We can look at the aboved mentioned prices I had.  In the $52 stolen from me, there were 20 other people that bid I believe.  The "customer" never hired anyone nor did they ever cancel the job. 

4.  Its quite obvious that you also know that your prices are obnoxious.  If you didn't think they were, you wouldn't hide them behind 3 seperate links to click to find it.  The price would be front and center if it was reasonable.  GO BACK TO THE CREDIT SYSTEM SO PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNEW THE PRICE OF THE BIDS FLAT OUT.

5.  It is quite clear that your random price increases are due the fact that pros are jumping off this ship faster than the Titanic.  I know I have all but shut down my account to make sure you can't access any of my finacial information to steal any more from me.  I am only staying active at this point to keep adding to this thread.

I'm sure there has been many more things mentioned about this company.  You can claim you are a marketing company working to market pros.  Negative. 

I 100% know that absolutely nothing on here that has been read will be implemented. 

0 Kudos
jz1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for the opportunity to voice my opinion.

When I first signed with Thumbtack I knew immediately how much I would pay to bid on a job. I could choose based on price if I wanted to bid. The current system does not give me that option. As you know the current system only allows me to set a limit to the amount I want to spend.

As a business owner for many years I want to know what the cost is BEFORE I spend the money.

I would like Thumbtack return to the previous pricing policy.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jerome Zoller

228-233-4438

0 Kudos
text
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 2.05.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.24.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 4.30.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 6.58.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 10.42.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 12.51.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-21 at 1.32.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-21 at 4.57.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 1.53.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.29.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.38.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.50.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-22 at 12.00.14 PM.png

Let's Talk About Pricing

Yeah, lets!

Since I've been incorporating into my introductory quotes how much TT gets when a customer responds, I've had ZERO empty (canned, with no follow up) responses. Thumbtack claimed that giving customers this information (that they themselves made available) "put off customers" and would make them leave the platform. That claim has been exposed as false as evidenced by my five-star ratings and no complaints... at least not from customers. "What's your commission?" is completely valid. If TT didn't try to rake pros over the coals with their pricing, you probably wouldn't be so defensive when it's exposed to our clients. You (TT) are our clients; we pay you for this service, and there are alternatives. Not a threat, just a fact... like your prices.

I got an email saying this goes against TT terms. I'll continue to quote in this manner as I've realized so much more success with quote-to-hire ratios. Read that clearly pros: this has resulted in so much money saved. If I'm kicked off the platform, I'll be alright with that... if it were a problem I wouldn't be explaining that I'll continue to do it.

Take care,

Terrance

Rod734
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm the owner of Thorough Clean Powerwashing Services LLC. I was charged for a customer who only listed half of what she wanted and we she contacted me 11 days later, she rattled off the other half (that I don't provide services for). I was charged, for a customer who claimed they called me, no missed calls or voicemails that day. Then the last straw was when I sent a quote, clearly stating my price, then the customer sends me an address only to never be heard from again. After Google Earth and physically driving by, THE ADDRESS DOES NOT EXIST, but somehow you all found a way to charge me 44.95 for this obvious bogus lead. I won't even mention the part about once I received a request just to find out it was sent to 13 pros, customer contacted at least 10 of us at $33 that's $330 for Thumbtack on a $250 job. Thumbtack is the only ones winning. I have not and will not send another quote, it's not profitable to do so.
Drummerpro
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I still haven’t see your response to what I view as a big problem, and a lot
of complaining.
Highlighted
Drummerpro
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
The 17th has come and gone. We all deserve a response, and change!
Joshmtx
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, I have called Thumbtack customer support regarding this issue on a few occaions and I really apprecite their willingness to assist. Many thanks to them.

The issue I have is I get charged for a quote and never got hired. The cost of the quote is never the same and changes everytime I get charged. Some quotes Thumbtack charges me and others they do not, pending communication between the customer and I. Not sure how this is decided.

The cost of each quote seems high to me. I'm charging $350 to move a pool table and get charged $12-$15 per quote, (if thumbtack decides to do so). This seems a bit high to me, especially when I don't get hired. I'm curious if I charged my customers $1000 to move a pool table would the cost per quote remain the same? Seems that each quote should be charged a percentage of the quote to make this avenue of advertizing a bit more cost effective. 

0 Kudos
xc
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello! Over the past couple of weeks, I have learned from this Pro Community Forum that we are all frustrated with Thumbtack's new pricing. I would now like to know what Thumbtack is going to do? I have waited a very long time to see what your next move is going to be. I think from the responses you have received from disappointed PROS should prompt you to make a change. So, what will it be Thumbtack?

A very unhappy PRO,

Xuxa Chaves

0 Kudos
CG
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I never know what I am going to be charged for this so called new pricing. Less quotes and way more money. The clients that seem interested want to make appt and then realize after texting I am too far which means they didn’t even look at my profile or website but yet I still paid high and still no jobs. I am losing interest very quickly in Thumbtack any more! Not worth the effort it seems.
0 Kudos