Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
jprc2017
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

One of the things that I find frustrating is that it is very hard to get credit for a bad lead.  One like they ask our price when the info is in the quote or some other question and then never to be heard from again.  you have to message customer service and the like and maybe you will get a credit.  

it would be great if there was a request an credit button on the lead. 

Also  we NEED to know what a lead is going to cost up frount.   The not knowing is unfair and very hard on small businesses.  I am a small construction co and need to get the biggest bang for my buck.  I loved thumb tac due to the cost but that is not the case anymore.  It is about the same as home advisor in some cases and I get way more info up frount from them.  They also make it easy to get a credit 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Aj
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello, I would like to know how I can get the 250 dolars credit from you to start getting leads. I just hope is serious not like other companies that did the same and I make the purchase and the cuslmers don't answer
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
It’s nice to make sure the customers are happy. But what I’m getting is a lot of people that have had work done need questions answered which in turn costs me money like for instance a lady had someone do a job for them that wasn’t liscenced I answered the lead which cost me money they wanted me to do the job for practically free to make up the difference in what they paid the other guy. After talking to the lady I realized that she got a good deal for what was done for her and she was so cheesy she was trying to burn me. To me that’s not fair it ended up I paid the lead fee and didn’t get the job because they had already paid the money they thought they needed to pay for both jobs to the other guy and then they ended up building a wood deck to finish there project. Not fair I get burnt answering calls it’s cheaper for me not to answer these posts. I’m fair in my pricing so realistically this sight is not a good sight to get referrals. There is another man who was a referral that cost me money to answer the call that was buying a house and all he wanted was a quote to replace a wood retaining wall with a concrete wall in all actuality he was trying to get a refund back for a house he was purchasing so there again I get burnt not fair in all actuality I have received maybe 1 or 2 jobs from this sight and have paid more than enough to your company than I need to this sight charges money for fake solisiters at least fake leads
Moe2149999
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Let’s face it, thum ‘tis no longer what it first starred out to be.
They enticed all of us at first with their low pricing & little by little they raised their prices & totally changed the lead pricing structure then telling us that it was better and more efficient because less pros would be bidding on it.
After numerous complaints from me, they would just say that they would relay the complaint up to the higher ups. Wether that was done or not, no changes were made or any suggestions that I made were ever implemented. The only changes that were made was to raise the pricing to outrageous levels and then have the audacity to charge you if the customer would just contact you asking for your next availability.
I’ve been using Thumbtack since they first started & remember when they used to just charge 2-3 credits per quote, I even remember when they offered unlimited monthly quotes for $34.99.
I’ve been a “Top Pro” every year that I’ve been using them but they will be losing me as one of their pros if they don’t change ther pricing structure soon.

Solved! Jump to solution

I like the new system, although you still need to lower the amount you charge for some jobs.  Hypnotherapy for instance is quite expensive.

0 Kudos
Cua
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
As for price to send out quotes but when a I receive an email back getting charge between $10-13 and customer doesn’t even hired me on which it I lose out on money regardless. I been losing out on money by getting a reply back on clients but doesn’t move forward.
GregoryJ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I've used TT a lot over the last few years and have been extremely profitable. I get picked over other pros because I can price myself lower but that all changed with the new price points. They told me a few weeks ago that they determine the price based on averages for this work, but that doesn't work. I tend to get 90% of the quotes I send because I'm priced so well(most the time well under the average). I sent a quote for a $50.00 job and it cost me $26.00! They said the "average" for that job was $200, but that is extremely high and if I want to accept a low price for something and the customer wants too as well, why won't TT allow for that? Everyone is being forced to raise prices. Not good for pros and not good for customers. 

Thumbtack is basically setting market prices and raising prices for everyone by being extremely greedy. The idea that its more expensive because you only pay for people who reply doesn't work when 95% of my old quotes booked me and it cost me less. Anything over 10.00 for a quote will send TT into the ground. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Point blank. Someone got greedy and I guess the 3 to 13 dollars I was paying for leads wasnt enough. Now the leads are upwards of 75 dollars a pop, and I'm not any better off getting a job as I was when I was paying 3 bucks for the lead. All the motivational emails coming from Thumbtack about juicing up my profile, yada yada yada, and that is supposed to justify what I am getting now from Thumbtack for the HUGE increase in cost. What's next, a membership fee? I am getting less work now and spending exponentially way more for bogus leads than ever before, and yes, 75% of the potential clients asking for quotes are shopping and arent even ready to do the work they want the quote for. So, my estimates are not just free now, they are breaking the bank....................Correction.....were breaking the bank. I'm about ready to delete my profile and spend the money at Angie's List where at least if I am spending hundreds of dollars, I am seen in search results and have an ad in a magazine. I have basically hung up on Home Advisor for years because I think it is pure greed to ask me for hundreds of dollars just to bring a client and me together, and not even have the job on a lock, just the chance to sell the job. Now Thumbtack is following in it's footsteps. And I say to Thumbtack, just like I have to Home Advisor, I don't have that kind of profit margin to be able to spend hundreds on leads that arent even for sure. At 3-13 dollars a pop, I could afford to answer handfuls of leads on a daily basis. With your new plan, I can hardly afford to play the lottery(your new system) once a day, even once per week. I guess I built this profile for nothing. Years of trying to make a name for my company on Thumbtack because I felt we were on the same page. Now I feel as if we arent even in the same universe. Just saying.

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Thumbtack,

Just over 2 years ago I remember leads in the translation category costing $3.33 even though sometimes the potential client did not reply. I used to wonder if that was the best way, but now it is between $15.73- $17.03 for a translation just for a client to reply and they may never message me again. The prices are going up and, so even I have had to increase my services costs, to cover the expenses, but I am not getting as many customers as before on your platform due to that fact. It seems like Thumbtack is just trying to get as rich as possible and maybe the success of the pros who provide services on their platform is not as important now. Do you guys at least think maybe charging a flat monthly fee to use your platform or charging an affordable fee for each confirmed hire would be a suitable solution? Thanks.

Regards, 

Robert           

Beth
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

By the way, why is this thread now labeled, "Solved"??????