Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

@KevaCustoMYzed1 Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’re always evaluating our prices and incorporating your feedback to make prices more fair.

We determine prices by looking at the details of each job. You can expect to pay more for larger jobs (like a four-bedroom house cleaning) than for smaller jobs (like a one-bedroom house cleaning). We do our best to only charge you for the value you’re getting. But sometimes we find that our prices need to be improved-- so we make adjustments.

You may have noticed that we recently made price adjustments in many categories. In some cases, we identified prices that were in fact way too high and didn’t make sense. We lowered those so they now make more sense.  

We realize that not all leads always turn into hires. And we realize that’s frustrating. But remember: when a customer contacts you, that’s a customer who’s decided to reach out to you from a list of pros. It’s then up to you to win the job. And once you pay for the initial lead, you won’t pay for any follow-up jobs or referrals. Sometimes you won’t pay at all if we don’t have enough pros to meet our customers’ needs. Our ultimate goal is for you to make enough from the jobs you do win to make using Thumbtack worth it.
To learn more about paying for leads on Thumbtack, check out this video.

Here are some other pros who also mentioned feeling like our prices are high. Thanks for your feedback!

@Lisawevents @pascazio @che_a @amanda_davis @AEHoerl @solarpoweredsar @Omh4me @ChrissysStudio @Ziva8844 @stith1 @kcneese @jrogers @Fergie @AK @1NancyG @DCFGCatering @Nadja @burkerepairs @timwing1 @eloace @gjtabor @Magicmola @HANDS @RiosJunk @bernardo @Williamsmith @Studio6NYC @Jarrett @jcojigho @minasbookkeeper @Gee @Miltapalooza @tinogonzales18 @prohomeplus @TBI @Mqualitat2835 @Mandavisualsstl @Deliane @mjs5002 @Zb00 @JuneJ @Arut842000 @RockCee @LoftDJ @Hardworks @Mikeysal @MERIC2965 @TRSOK @colin25 @Banian90 @JojocoMakup @jcastille2nd @Cmkm @Grace89 @Jill-Smiley @EmDeeEm @wwbiii @OfficaintRaymon @deeval2013 @GatorBytes @Jimdellamano @heartandsoul @DavidBrandon @Rankfolio @DonP @tstmary @Cmptrwhiz @jdta225 @954gutters @RevRhinda @URSRVD @Metrote @wcgatchel @Springerdoors @ameliabarisone @Neryh1981 @Jazzy @kem817 @mjgabel @HorshamHobo @Angel336923 @KKTOUS @Moe2149999 @revjohnpickler @EventPlannerJen @Bigblue @Chance11 @bonkbonk @psychicbologna @amanda_davis @DN @CarlSteeleFit @AbbottElectric @garedneck030664 @CN @TimAveLallemant @Kunjan @Owen @Sunshine1970
0 Kudos
NightHawk
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Ah yes, nothing like throwing some gas into the fire and proclaiming "Problem solved"

You guys really don't get it do you? You claim to be there for us yet still want to charge me $30.88 for a $75 job. I really have to wonder who's smoking the good stuff to think that's a great deal! And that's just for a possible lead, how many of us are being gouged charged that every time? TT may make hundreds off of us per contact, and yet we still sit here making nothing..

Pro after pro after pro after pro has posted that the new system is not economicly feasable.

DJRICHIERICH
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Wow that's just run, and this is why I stop using the service, I don't have money to give away with no return on investment
0 Kudos
Damian_33
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Well i would like Thumbtack be the way it was before.! Now they charge to much.! $20 bucks for a job of $60 it’s not right.! They used to charge $3 or $6 the most to send a quote.! I stop using Thumbtack now because I believe its not worthy to pay a lot of money for a simple quote.!
0 Kudos
Drummerpro
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Couldn’t have said it better myself!   Wake up and listen, and do something TT!!  

0 Kudos
Kathy2010
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
So let's talk about a resolution to getting back to the way it was.

Better yet what is the plan?!
Tom Miller
GSPPaint
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Ok so what does thumbtack intend to do to fix the problem?
DJRICHIERICH
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Right I wrote the ceo personally to his email and LinkedIn message and no response. It's clear to me it's about the money not us