Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
dfolkenroth
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I hope this is not your only response
Ecstasy
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Your responses to grievances by your vendors always say the standard “we value your feedback” but what are you actually doing about it? The fees to submit bids have gone up by 1000% in many cases and small business which use thumbtack to grow their customer base are priced out. I can not afford to pay $50-$60 & more to bid on a 60-90 person catering job when I see the customers have responded to 3 & 4 pros and I no longer have a gauge as to their per person budget because it’s been removed from the format. A customer saying I’ll let you know isn’t worth that type of money! When you had $5-7 pricing to place bids I could afford to submit many and now I will lose my Top Pro status because I’ve been going with repeat customers & other advertising methods that are more cost effective. If you simply must charge someone more let it be the pro who is marked hired and for goodness sakes, don’t make it such a huge percent increase!!!!

Solved! Jump to solution

Vinamrata,

I hope you understand that you repeating the standard "We value your feedback" to hundreds of us with the same complaint is actually more infuriating than your silence would be.  You saying that, without any suggestion that there's going to be change in response to said feedback, is a waste of our time.

I saw an add for Thumbtack on television today, with a supposed client raving about all of the great pros he'd found through this service.  I hate to say it, because I used to love this platform, but my frist thought was : "Well, yeah, they have to get clients to rave about it because they can't find a pro who'd recommend them."

So, yeah, please stop bothering to tell us you value our feedback, by name or otherwise, until you can tell us what you're doing to Show us that you value our feedback and care about the pros who used to rely on you.

--Jennifer, a full-time freelancer/pro who can no longer afford to bother with Thumbtack because of the new pricing

sbriguy6
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
You absolutely do not!
PropPicz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Um, soooo ...is something going to change????  Or is Thumbtack goint to continue to climb the ladder while stepping on the rest of us on the way up???

Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I sounds like you are still going to price based on what the cost of the job is. Again, I must reiterate that this does bot serve the pro community, it will only serve Tt. When we are charged for a contact that really has no intention of hiring us, they are basically shopping around comparing prices, it is very disconcerting to us as business owners. Perhaps you could look at doing a flat rate, small fee for contact, and then if a pro is hired, that’s when you take your percentage, 1, maybe 2% of whatever the quoted price was. I will not use instant match as it cost me so much because the contacts rarely turned into business.
sbriguy6
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Why bother thanking me? Change your ways!
Highlighted
Mswelding
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Maybe if we can have a monthly payment like $200 and get as much costumers it wouldn't feel as so much money spent. I have spent even on who just want a quote for them to charge someone else, or they will say "I'll just get the materials and pay someone at home depot $100 for the day to do it for me. So for me getting charge $75 for getting a response like that is just makes it not worth it at times. If anyone has a better idea I would love to hear it