results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
rzuklin
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I really think it would help, if you took the auto response off as well for customers, I get so tired of paying for a lead that someone is just price shopping and all I ever get from them is "are you avaliable on my date" or " can you send a sample songlist" these customers are not engaging at all, merely price shopping. Might Thumtack consider charging the pro on the second interaction with the pro from the customer. Or Make the customer make the effort to engage with the pro ie actually send them a message, no pre loaded options they can just click on. This is where I have lost all faith in thumbtack. It was better before when you only had 5 pros that could bid a job, and the customer had to engage with you. I can live with the price stucture if the customer had to make more of an effort. 

0 Kudos
NanSeaLee
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I was happy using Thumbtack when it started. I paid for the contact then it was up to me. I even stayed when the pricing changed tho I shook my head a lot wondering if the price setter had any clue of what my field entailed. I quit using Thumbtack when they wanted to tie to my bank account and when I was  required to price a job sight unseen. There are too many variables in my line of work - even for the smallest project. 

sscutl
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I think a straight 10% is fair considering my price per service ranges from$75-200+
0 Kudos
Sal052276
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The pricing is a rip-off.  I used to pay less than $3 for a lead.  I was just charged $15.17 for a lead in Staten Island which is about 45 minutes away.  I only charge $100 per session so 15% of my profit is already gone and I don't even know if we will work out the training session yet.  Thumbtack is getting too too greedy.  I have a small business and I'm paying over $300/month.  I'm doing all the traveling, training and you guys are gouging me for the lead.

Stage66
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Make jobs the same price for same type of job and lower prices 30 for one lead means 5 pros are paying 30 ....5x30=150 off one lead ??
p_air6
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would definitely have to agree with the consensus I am reading here. Since your change, I have been hired 0 times and just looked at and passed over countless others. I think the model could be better in that Thumbtack should take some of the liability and get paid only when we do, like some other similar competitors. The way it is now, I'd prefer to give up a percentage of my hire versus a budget that has pretty much consistently lead to no yield.
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@p_air6, thank you so much for the helpful feedback! I imagine it's frustrating to be getting fewer customers. Some things you can try right now are expanding your travel area, adding to the types of jobs you do, and expanding your availability to do those jobs. Also make sure you’re always putting your best foot forward. This means having a complete profile with a professional looking headshot, adding details to your About me section, getting great reviews, and responding to leads. For more tips to get the right leads, read our article in the Help Center.

Thank you to all the pros who sumitted similar feedback!

@Lisawevents @VirutecComputer @Kdcatering @AKD @1NancyG @BurlesonBooths @BuckeyeBoys2141 @Mkat4464 @Arut842000 @Shuber @colony1 @gpieco @Debbies @Jph @revrobert @Uwa @NetPen @imwhitey @Bondarchuk @CarlyRose1 @AbbyD464 @kushp @Jeff @Aramsaier @Tdpc1 @lockmangrady @ebkesq @Zsofica @Sophie @p19581 @p_air6 @Lmhi @Stevie @Hall @MikeA @silverbaytrans7 @NikH @dano3276 @Phoenix_remodel @modza @Barbara @Customhome @deliusfan @computers6 @cheriopelt @Simmy98 @Xxxlandscape @Karilyn @adriesque @dianniaoh53 @Stoeckermedia @Michaelnkoerner @Calepa @MikeGreen @CoachBrianDarr @RuffAdjustments @roybrosdrywall @leland2012 @Cleaning1 @Boogietek @Alexper @SgtYoung @aprilacm @DJRICHIERICH @MasterpieceAV @Qwksilver @suzannestuesse @mcierley @Len6295 @SallyB @Jfalcone85 @Pearls @Cbarcelo @bleis @Djmenace4 @jmpasins @Jake1291 @Wayne @MORTempe @Pvalentine @Connie1 @jstarkey988 @robertlc1616 @Jsh54 @VA @paschulea @Sarahs @Kay @dash10digital @DEW @atoe365 @sallydeng @lodge @Helene @Photoglc @Luhdz @Adeptflooring @Plemus

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Long Island is only so wide. Expand my area would mean bidding on the fish's requests in the water, and I don't do underwater photography. I already do every other category of photography. Should I bid on aerial jobs if I don't have a plane or a drone??? I'm available 24/7 so the only thing I can add timewise is to go back in time but I don't have a time machine. My profile and gallery are impeccable. I ALWAYS put my best foot forward with clients - I don't have additional feet. I've written tomes on my profile and probably hold the record for most extensive! I've got 125 5-star rave reviews and I've spent over $10,000 with TT on bids. I've done more than enough. Don't tell me it's my fault. There are less leads for me to bid on.

0 Kudos
TyeshiaB
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

When I first started with Thumbtack when you paid for points to bid on a job it wasn't so bad. Now the fluctuation in pricing for the same jobs is outrageously expensive. I had 3 people contact me to ask me questions that had nothing to do with my business and I was charged for telling them that I am not in that business. I have booked a couple of jobs on Thumbtack but I find spending my money on marketing through my website to be more valuable for my business and my pocket. If you guys could go to a more standard flat rate that didn't fluctuate and wasn't based on a national average it would be more beneficial to advertise. I would like to see more control over my money. It just isn't worth it to me to give you complete access to my bank account and I not have any control on what I will be charged for someone reaching out to me. Maybe tier the payment to a flat payment of inquiries versus being hired.