results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Yogi-Tom
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I liked the idea of putting in an amount $25.00 or more, then you charge 2 or 3 dollars per job. I did respond to several leads. I priced my services of yoga at the area prices if a person would go to a yoga studio. Funny most people would see the quote then never respond or just to see what the price was going to be. I even stated in one quote I would do it for free and never even recieved an answer. Not working for me! 

0 Kudos
teaparty
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello Thumbtack I feel we have a trust issue , we don't trust you anymore we aren't a team anymore! You seem to be in it for yoursevles now and we are being charged up the wazoo! I looked at my bank statement and saw I had paid you almost 500.00 in less than two weeks, and I had not got a job from all that money I spent! So reading all the comment helped me to see something is definatly wrong with the system as it now stands! I am going to use you less because of the lack of results for the money spent and try other types of ways to keep the work coming in! I have learned from reading the comments and I hope Thumbtack has learned where they can inprove so we can all be a team again and all make a good living from working together!       

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@teaparty I know where you're coming from and I'm sorry to hear that! 

It’s really tough to hear that you don’t trust Thumbtack. We know we’re far from perfect, but we are always trying to ensure that the decisions we make and the technology we build are all in service of helping customers find and hire Thumbtack pros. So we’re constantly thinking about how we can help you get hired more — because that’s why you ultimately come to Thumbtack and that’s what we want to deliver.

And we know we can’t do that without you. It’s a true partnership. That’s why your feedback is so vital and why we take it so seriously. For example, when you gave us feedback about needing to see prices upfront, we worked hard to incorporate your feedback, and now you can see prices upfront on all jobs in your Jobs tab. We are listening! So keep sharing your thoughts, and please keep the ideas coming.

Some other pros mentioned feeling a lack of trust. We hope to regain your trust as we make progress toward a better product and more fair pricing!

@AEHoerl @StLFacePaint @DCFGCatering @Nadja @timwing1 @Magicsmurf @djdonraymond @Studio92 @AllPointsMovers @jcp @Miltapalooza @tinogrigoriou @Mandavisualsstl @Mkat4464 @JustBobF @Arut842000 @Rod734 @LoftDJ @Meridianfloorin @Joker187 @MaxGordon0 @Cmptrwhiz @AmericanDreamCA @Berrybusybees @mjgabel @Bondarchuk @Kleebster @bonnie_bill @dnab @json @Hammerhead @Jeff @Kathy2010 @AVP @picoramapb @Watchman @JLCollinsEdits @p19581 @NightHawk @phillipambros @Mrolon @merakiphotoinc @MichaelWeaver @ReeseTee @GregoryJ @SeanWalsh @MikeA @AlexPhotography @Chefray @silverbaytrans7 @tyc9900 @Trevor @Djseven8seven @Movers96 @Phoenix_remodel @fitcap @Singlecoilphoto @ermel @KCdogWhisperer @Xxxlandscape @Alpha-Moves @Autumndean @RalObiohalaw @roybrosdrywall @dben41 @janellody @ntwwilliams @LM_DCN @Terryedison @Doug1 @Pinkladiesclean @lesmok @whooper @Qwksilver @suzannestuesse @VideoByKevin @TGJAX @KKind @Forsyth @Deryloconstruct @PianoMan @GHFC @Thunderstorm300 @teaparty @GeorgeH @jerry @DJKee @dfolkenroth @STEAMKING @pcbrad @adolfolivas @dissidencefood @DJ3335 @sb @Approachable @Strategy-rules @LorrayDigital @Dballard @Marrymellc17
0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Edendenae
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
So is anything going to change?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm not understanding why you are saying TT "partners" with us. There is no partnership. There are no percentages divided between TT and us pros. We are your paying clients who use your services. I am not a partner with my clients. They pay me. We are not partners with TT. We pay TT.

If, on the other hand, we shared in the price of the job, TT getting a percentage of the price, that might be considered more of a partnership.

We also have no say in the way things are run. TT sets the rules and we pay to play. Again, no sign of partnership. TT really seems to have some odd definitions for a vast array of words.

jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

"some other pros feeling of lack of trust"?   Are you kidding me?  You have 1,800+ responses of TT pros that have lost confidence in the system.  All of them mention the triple cost increase and the increase in competition and the loss of business and how Instant Match sucks.  

And this is your response?  wow. 

Lonepineroad
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I preferred the straight forward purchasing credits system. I was surprised to see how much I am now charged for giving a quote.
Rhinopest
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm glad you asked. I understand every company has to do what they feel will make them profitable, but in the past 3 years you have changed pricing model at least twice and on my end your clients have gotten worse and cost me more for nothing.

If I wanted to spend $23 for a $175 bee job, I would pay for direct marketers. At least they refund when a client disappears after 1 contact.

Then you ask us to set a range I am willing to travel but continue to send me leads 3-5X  farther away. When they call me you still change me!

In summary, Thumbtack has continued to go down hill fast, and when you ask my opinion it reminds me to review the logic in continuing the relationship!

My
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I stopped using thumbtack once they required prepaying for the leads and the cost more than tripled. Also an issue was the quality of the leads. For instance for property management I’ve spoken to people who claim they own a certain property and once I look up the information from the assessors office it was a different owner. Not sure if it was other realtors getting information or made up leads.
0 Kudos