Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

The travel charges are the most difficult.  I charge different amount depending on how far I travel.  There is no way to adjust this and it's hard to find and set for just the 1 travel charge.

DORONVINER
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing worldwide murals

Solved! Jump to solution
I think this site has much potential, but I've been with you for about 4 months, sent over 100 quotes and got only one job. I think my work bits many. You could see for your self. Www.worldwidemuralart.com
But because clients are not charged
And its Too easy for clients to throw ideas out there when they're not ready to start. So I end up paying hundreds of dollars for nothing. Something is wrong with the model as it now exists, and let's not forget it's at our expense! I'm not sure if I could keep paying with no response!! Or a short response that gets me to just keep on paying you guys!!
0 Kudos
Frankies
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Honestly,
When this whole pricing changed I contacted thumbtack customer service and told them they were going to lose a lot of business. It’s ridiculous. Why should I pay for a lead I don’t even get hired. 90% of the time the customer just ask a question, or ask our availability and that is it. They don’t call you. Then I get charged about $60 for a lead I didn’t get . We should pay for leads we get hired or a minimal fee. I’ve already started using other platforms so if you don’t change your pricing system you will loose more pros. Thanks
0 Kudos
Herplaw
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

When I send a quote and someone is nice enough to respond with "Thanks, but we already found someone."   I should NOT have to pay for the 'response' to my quote.    People being nice is costing me money.

I should be able to keep money for fees in an account and not have to worry about when and how much you are deducting from my bank account.   I used to be able to keep a points balance for you to draw on, would like to be able to do so again with real money.

0 Kudos
atoe365
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I feel like I have been paying alot for leads without getting the jobs.  So I am racking up charges without receiving the jobs which isnt cost effective. Is there any way we can adjust the fees so that the both of us can make money?

0 Kudos
atoe365
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes I agree with most of the comments I have read. I like the rest of them can't get past someone contacting me and score a job!

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I was getting better leads over a year ago. Now I get many on the fringe of my travel area and out of target age group. I dont mind paying the inflated rates if the leads are strong, however I do not get good leads especially in my target age group. I like the fact that I only pay if the lead is qualified and replies etc. This was a good added feature.

Roxyoramas
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I completely stopped using Thumbtack all together once they changed the pricing to outrages numbers for a lead that wasn’t even guaranteed! I mean it was ok before when you would pay like a dollar to maybe $3-4 for sending a quote; but now being charged $15-$30 or more for a quote when you might not even get the job is ridiculous to me. There’s people that are putting in requests just to get an idea of prices etc. and you’re paying for them to just get an idea and they’re not even going to book you probably. I rather go somewhere else sorry. Probably not going to use thumbtack ever again and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
0 Kudos
NT
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Greetings!

I'm a loyal Thumbtack Pro and I love using Thumbtack. It's great that the Pros are able to showcase customer's reviews, including offsite reviews, in order to "attract business", etc. However, the pricing system doesn't seem to be fair. I feel like we don't get much profit after paying for quotes/contacts, in addition to transaction fees on our end (PayPal, etc.). Sometimes "customers" are just browsing around/asking questions, but we still get charged for the conversation. And even after getting hired, the amount charged for the job is so "competitive", that there's little or no profit left at the end. I suggest changing the pricing system for Thumbtack Pros: we should only be charged a small fee once hired for the job; no fees should be charged for quotes/contacts unless we are hired. If we are making money, you'll be making money, and if we are happy you'll be happy—it's a win-win situation for Thumtack and Thumbtack Pros. Thanks =)

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@NT glad to hear that Thumbtack is working for you and thanks for your thoughtful feedback! 

I know it doesn’t feel good to pay when you don’t get hired. Let me explain more about why we don’t charge you once you’re hired. The main reason is that we don’t know when a customer hires you. We work to introduce you to as many customers as you want and once they reach out, we step back and that job is yours to win.

We realize you may not get hired by every customer who reaches out to you, and we take that into account when we price leads. Our goal is for you to make enough from the customers who do hire you that it makes sense for you to use Thumbtack.

Thanks to these pros who also posted great feedback about paying after getting hired!

@DrHilt @MrsOutlaw @Studio92 @Kokomochris @jcp @tinogrigoriou @elegantediting1 @cacarovan @Mkat4464 @Rod734 @SuperFineK9 @JCerzosie @KarmasKreations @Jill-Smiley @Nae @LuedeckePhoto @HeatherRaeWi @magicmikecat @Revecraftevents @DossConsulting @1eventatatime @Jeanne @AmericanDreamCA @Kleebster @dnab @CarlyRose1 @Denali_Notary @myersclaireb @Hammerhead @CLINTtheDJ @lkelsey @Djgeo @Craigfilms @AVP @Knightmagic @lockmangrady @JLCollinsEdits @Zsofica @p_air6 @IanJames @chadsouthworth @moonmother @NT @Done-Wright @Amoi @Cbg_Denise @Hilaryfox27 @DrLinda @Singlecoilphoto @Allpro @Lrobe52993 @ermel @Joespin @Tim1 @Lynnwinkle @skul08 @nmcallister @JJLouis @Therapeutic12 @AstrologyGuru @mmyang99 @beccajonez @Jeffmiguel1 @che_a @pianist26 @Shiffring @DJGemini @OliviaBrooks @Tr1313 @Gl845 @HiromisCPA @dben41 @cjw496 @Heavenlyhawgsbb @aesselman0830 @Terryedison @GiGi @gracemm1 @reelcello @cdane @Chuxxmail1 @DJRICHIERICH @DaveP @taxhelp @Elegantink1 @Zekewolf @Qwksilver @digitaldjmp3 @emily @katieleona @Pearlpro @Jfalcone85 @djprock21 @Kyle_Shepard @jpgumm @Vtmagic @Djmenace4 @jmpasins @Jake1291