Best Answer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I don't think Thumbtack is getting the message. You are NOT sending us qualified leads. You are sending us prospects. There is a difference. For example. As a contractor, I may respond to a PROSPECTS request regarding a medium sized deck job for $75.00. Now I don't know how much that will cost to build until I meet the prospect at the site. When prospect calls me and I begin to QUALIFY him as a Lead, I find out that they don't actually want a new deck built, they only want a few deck boards replaced, or a new railing. Definitely not worth $75.00 for the pleasure. That just cost me $75.00. Then they go and contact nine other contributors trying to shop prices. Each one gets charged $75.00? That's $750.00 for Thumbtack and zero for us, for one prospect. Not a qualified lead. 

You guys are missing the point. I don't expect TT to qualify all leads, and you have no control a second to how prospects fill out requests; but please do not insult us by these repeated excuses and trying to justify your new pricing methods. 

I had a 95% closing ratio before you changed to greedy pricing methods.

I don't even bother responding to request anymore. 

You guys are not listening to the people that have made you successful.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Exactly!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I agree. The CSR at TT tell you the same excuses over and over when you ask them something completely different. People are tired of wasting money on Leads that go nowhere. I have decided to let my account run dry and have switched to Yelp!!! So far I’m seeing way better results.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thumbtack,

You just don't get it, do you? We Pros are THE customers. The leads you send us are not the customers. We are the ones paying your exorbitant bills. You have not listened to a single thing written by hundreds of your customers. 

To the Pros who might read this post:

The power to change this is in our hands. Drop Thumbtack, or at least take no further expensive and wasted leads from them. There are many other vehicles on the market to get us the business we deserve. My own website produces many times more leads than Thumbtack currently does and it costs me only $200 a year. Thumbtack could cost many of us that much per month.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
@vinamrata
Phenom Rod I don't mean to be rude but your canned responses are actually kind of all putting to those of us who are professionals and have been here on Thumbtack for quite some time. I know you are the company front person for this however you're not making any one's feelings fears or discussed sound like we're being heard. You mentioned that 80% of your customers before didn't get contacted by Pros. I find that hard to believe. What I do find interesting and you haven't mentioned other than the fact that you keep saying " our system is flawed our system is flawed we're trying our best hey look at our videos to see what we've done, we are trying the best to figure it out we're looking at data Etc" we are tired of hearing it than Radha. Thumbtack has plenty of data they are just trying to find more ways to put money in their pocket. They don't make money off customers who are looking for pros. They make money off of Pros looking for customers. So they don't care about the customer experience they want their funds from the pros. We'll listen you're not going to have any pros if you keep screwing us over with exorbitant fees. Many of us has sent you time and time again I'll request that you make all spots on the form mandatory. Yet you still send those customers with incomplete forms i. E. In my industry the travel industry we need dates of travel. We need a budget. We need to know where they're going where they're flying from name phone number all these things they should have to put in. Thumbtack knows what they're doing they need to go back to a different method
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Go back to the old system with the old prices or forget me.  New system does NOT work with adjustments.  It can't be adjusted enough.  It need to be completely elimated.  

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

That's fine but most pros won't respond under the new system.  You're introducing them to more pros . . . who won't give them any information because of your outrageous pricing.  You haven't accomplished anything!

Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Sorry Vinamrata,

My clients liked having a limited number of pros sending quotes. Since you've implemented the new changes with Instant Match, 95% of the leads that I have sent quotes to have NEVER hired a Pro through Thumbtack.  I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that the new changes are to help us Pros, when in fact over the past two weeks, you've seen several hundred Pros voice their concerns, and like myself, they are leaving Thumbtack. 

The "powers" that be have taken a great platform and turned it into a mess. You've said that you're listening to our concerns and suggestions, but yet, you're not taking any of what we are saying to task.  I've said this before when I've talked to Customer Service Reps when calling in, I'm really saddened, and sorry that I'm not using Thumbtack anymore.  Clearly, you're all about making money for yourselves, and not caring about the Pros anymore.