Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Kdcatering
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with all the other pros. I'm feeling so frustrated. I went from the most to bid a job was around $6. Now over $60 for a customer to say "when can I call" and never do. And keep trying. All for a small job. I really liked thumbtack til you decided to get really greedy. Also your customer service reps are letting me down now also. Fyi your really not helping us anymore!
Kokomochris
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I only want to pay after im hired and paid..15% is good for me..no charge for talking..being contacted..not being hired..do not want any further contact with T.T. if this is not the case..thanks..have a nice day..kokomochris..
StLFacePaint
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
That would be nice, but doesn't seen practical. How would the ensure you pay once you've been connected to the customer?
Rod734
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
TT should simply contact the beloved customer and ask who they hired.
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kdcatering thanks so much for your feedback! We're always trying to improve and appreciate your ideas. We’re sorry you’ve had a bad experience with Thumbtack support. They work hard every day to serve our pros and customers so that we can help you succeed. When Thumbtack support agents hear your feedback, they pass it along to us and we take it into account as we think about how we can improve our pricing and other aspects of Thumbtack. We know it can seem like we’re not listening when change takes longer than you’d like. It can take some time to figure out how to balance the needs to thousands of pros across hundreds of categories, especially with something as complicated as pricing. But we really are listening. Click here to share what’s on your mind anytime.

And thank you to other pros as well who sent in ideas for how our customer service teams can improve as well

@Checaskey @Kdcatering @timwing1 @Arut842000 @LoftDJ @Shuber @HouseCalls @GBCon @magicmikecat @revdick @imwhitey @mjgabel @ever5ince98 @myersclaireb @JasonH @pjacob94 @picoramapb @kdc @Deborah @SMedaglia18 @KCdogWhisperer @MerMan @Pinkladiesclean @Colorpro @Savcon2 @Karyl929 @queendi69 @ElmerLoudenbac @Lmh @JazzbandDave @Harvestor @CaptJJ @AEMovers @CS360 @janet @Deborah306

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Cornerstone
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I see clearly that the customers types visiting your site have changed. This use to be legitimate, nut now it is an obvious waste of money. You have zero transparency, zero accountability, and more and more the customers aren't serious. I am now paying you to get low-ball (50% of stated pricing) offers. And you are charging us all to deal with this.
There needs to be balance, you need to provide us with an affordable and productive service where serious business can exist, not this sham.. Let me know if you guys actually heed this warning and fix this, I would like to get back to the good relationship we once enjoyed. Until then, I have business to attend to.
gjtabor
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't bid on any jobs anymore.  The old system costs were 1/3 of todays costs.  Under the old system I could choose who I wanted to sent a quote.  Now for someone to just say "hi" back it cost me over $20 for a wedding that would only bring $75-$100 in this area.  Go back to the old system or forgot it.

Solved! Jump to solution
I signed up recently!! My first week I fell was good cause I get some leads on discounts and I could reach more costumers. My second week I am feeling is expensive cause I only got 3 gigs and spent 40‰ on quoutes about what I earned. I could reach gigs only for one service not so on demand and nothing for my other more on demand service.
0 Kudos
Ryan
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to love thumbtack now you guys are way over priced!what happened to $3.33 a quote now it’s $22 a quote etc crazy!i agree with charging the customer something.i get a lot of competition just trying to get free quote from me to find out my pricing.its just not the same since you guys spend all that money for Advertising but somebody’s gotta pay for it right lol.
JustBobF
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

$3.33 per quote may even be high when it takes 10 quotes to get one job.