Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Jfalcone85
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I think thumbtack is good and will get better however the pricing is horrible, I get leads i send the quote customer gets back to me asking for info I respond them hear nothing but yet I get charged for that. My spending has gone up and my job rate has gone down! Now I have to pick and choose my jobs because it’s just not worth it. I feel you should be charged when the customer marks you as hired!
0 Kudos
Euler-1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Am I charged for the following:

1) The parent contacts me saying a tutor was hired and appreciates my interest in her child.

2) The parent emails me to set up a phone conversation. She cancels the day of the phone concersation.

Thank you

Bruce

MH
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

What do you find most confusing about our pricing? The pricing lacks any transparency.  

What are other ways we can make using Thumbtack worth it for you?   Tell me what the lead costs and I will make the judgment regarding value.  I highly doubt that Thumbtack has the professional expertise needed to determine whether "the job is more valuable or less valuable." 

What would you consider to be a fair price?  Make it transparent and I think you will figure it out rather quickly.  If you charge too much for a lead, nobody will bid on it.

0 Kudos
ebkesq
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I do not like the new system, at all. Not one bit.  It is way too expensive now and the retention rate is lower than when I first signed up and we paid by credits.  I am using Thumbtack less and less because it not very cost effective. Much too expensive for the leads. I used to sign up a much greater pecentage with the old system. Now I sign up about 1 in 10, if they even respond to me at all. Go back to the old system and reduce the cost please!

Owen
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm still a fan of Thumbtack, but I don't think I've bid for anything since the change. The problem is the size of the contracts don't correspond to the price of the bid in my industry. For example, I've landed a half-million dollar contract from a $3.33 bid through you, but now I'm being asked to bid $16 for the possibility of an event with $40 profit. I like you guys, but the math just doesn't add up. I'd be happy to bid $100-$200 for an ongoing, secured contract, but I can't justify more than $5 for a one-time event. 

ebkesq
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Also, I never know what a lead will cost which makes it impossible to tell whether it would be cost effective to send a quote. Therefore, I send significantly less quotes with the new system. It used to work great and now it doesn't work at all

0 Kudos
pjacob94
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been using thumbtack since 2015. It was more affordable and managable by setting up the budget paying an amount when customer open the quote. After it changed to pay when customer contact its a big impact on my vallet. I started loosing my money when customer ask for video, DJ etc eventhough I am a photographer. I contacted thumbtack customer service for refund on customer query about a service which I don't provide. And sadly to say thymbtack declined my request and said 'its a valid charge' . SO I moved on to other portals to get new leads like yelp, weddingwire etc.. and so far its promising. Now a days lot of requests on thumbtack as scam. if some asking for a wedding quote for 2019, that customer want to get lot of free informations from vendors like us paying $ to thumbtack and spending our time. At the end they compile all these info and use it to hire some one locally.

0 Kudos
p19581
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

The pricing is bad enough but I'm not even seeing the same amount of interested customers anymore. And you know why? You're throwing too many choices at the customers. They feel overwhelmed. I've sent this link  to TT several times in the past.  It is an article from the Harvard Business Review which discusses an academic studying showing that too many choices is a bad marketing decision. This may be my last contact with TT as it just isn't worth the cost any longer. The old system was great. The current set up is a failure.

https://hbr.org/2006/06/more-isnt-always-better

Marketers assume that the more choices they offer, the more likely customers will be able to find just the right thing. They assume, for instance, that offering 50 styles of jeans instead of two increases the chances that shoppers will find a pair they really like. Nevertheless, research now shows that there can be too much choice; when there is, consumers are less likely to buy anything at all, and if they do buy, they are less satisfied with their selection.

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@p19581 totally get where you're coming from with so much competition.

We understand that it may appear that your competition has increased when we show customers more pros. But the reality is, customers want more options when they’re looking for a pro. If we don’t give them enough options, then they’re unlikely to hire anyone. And even if you don’t win a particular job, it’s our hope that you’re still winning more jobs in total. This is because while customers are seeing more pros, your business is getting in front of more customers. We ultimately want to help customers find and hire the right pros, so we give customers more options so that they can hire a Thumbtack pro to do the job.

Thank you to these pros who also expressed feedback about too much competition for jobs.

@Pat @Studio92 @jcp @ProJoes @Mandavisualsstl @Jill-Smiley @Jph @JimInDallas @jagphotography5 @Moe2149999 @myersclaireb @Knightmagic @Watchman @p19581 @kdc @Nuts4dv @GoodRiddance @SpanishSchool @Trevor @TheisPhotos @ECPhotography @Mjroc1 @abbeyroad28 @Lrobe52993 @Simmy98 @skul08 @joannoz @Imasheila @RockCee @Debrameole @dvo04 @rzuklin @KLH @electricaljdg @DJGemini @ComputerPartner @vjentertainment @Zekewolf @MasterpieceAV @Qwksilver @Hunter @ExcaliburSH @Len6295 @Tersland @Grandslamdjs @Zac @aubergine @Alex_Undr_P @js1 @pcbrad @Approachable @dsilva6897 @jpmcdunn @Djabent @sandybasenji @Djayent @Swannfit @Jamaicadeana @Sagearts @professorbam @Best_Bartender @elisafine @Msplumber @Rjara @Scott1 @BD @Deborah306 @JSBOS @SSTechPlus
0 Kudos
KLH
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I do not agree with this.   No one needs 15 quotes in order to decide to hire someone.  This sets up a bidding war. It's not about the quality of product and service offered.  And speaking on price, I'm a photographer and the fact that Thumbtack allows a customer to choose "Under a 100" as a budget line item is an insult to professional photographers.