Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

@Msweldingthat would be horrible for us because we'd pay the $200 and TT would have no incentive to keep the leads flowing in. It HAS to be run on a pay-per-whatever basis.

Scott1202
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The person I hired for a cabinet painting job bad mouthed the Thumbtact platform left and right. He was not adequately qualified and the result was a less than quality job. Will not use this platform again
sbriguy6
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Sounds like your cheap and got what you payed for. Thumbtack is not cheap, so we have to be on our A game at all times.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

You know what, Vinamrata? Never mind.  I'm deactivating my account.  You guys are clearly just jerking pros around, and I don't have time for the nonsense placebo messages. Good luck surviving your change in pricing--I imagine other pros will soon be taking all of their attentions to places like Fiverr and Upwork. 

Bondarchuk
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

So you say you base your pricing on details on the size of the job.  What details are these and do you have some sort of special form that they fill out strictly so you can make price from it?  I ask this since by your response, it sounds like you receive way more information about the jobs then what you actually show us.  Why don't we have access to all of this extra information to let us actually know what the job entails?  I have asked on many occassions to many different people that work here to adjust the categories and explain to people what they actually are so they know what they are posting.  I also asked to force them to fill out a detailed description for the job.  Neither of these issues have been fixed.

Secondly.  You said you went through and adjusted some prices since they were way to high.  Just some.  Not all.  But of these prices that have been adjusted, are you going to go back and issue refunds to all of the pros you've overcharged repeatedly for extended periods of time since you're just now getting around to it?  I bet no on that one as well.

Lastly.  You say its on us to convince clients and win jobs.  Yes.  It is.  But it is on YOU to make sure that the potential "clients" are actually real, provide detailed information, don't just respond back with an automated reply, don't just respond back asking questions that are clearly detailed out in the pros' profiles, aren't just doing "research" and checking pricing, and just flat out don't reply nor communicate in anyway after their all too similar canned responses that everyone seems to get.  PEAOPLE CAN'T WIN JOBS WHEN THE JOBS AREN'T REAL TO BEGIN WITH!!!!

You can act like we aren't winning jobs because we somehow fail in convincing clients.  YOU ARE NOT PROVIDING REAL, TANGIBLE CLIENTS AND LEADS LIKE YOUR SERVICE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.  That is on you.  Not us.

Go back to the old credit system, stop with fake accounts, stop with fake leads, stop acting like someone responding to us even when we never reach out is worth stealing money from us, make the potential clients pay a fee to post a job request to prove they real.  This is nonsense.

CTS
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree. The client should be charged a nominal fee, to get rid of window shoppers. Also a lot of the jobs, you cannot even decipher what the job actually is.
0 Kudos
Denleyc
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The only thing I have an issue with on thumbtack is wen someone does contact u wanting to set up appointments and stuff never gets back to you and you still end up paying even if you don't ever hear back . I understand thumbtack needs to make money as well but honestly it's pretty pricy .
prohomeplus
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am Pro Home Plus and no longer want any leads from T-tack. You are not going to change back to the original pricing.

I do not trust T-tack any longer.

T-tack is not paying for itself. It's just not worth having anything to do with T-tack. 

Very interesting - 2 weeks ago TT was swearing up and down that bid prices were NEVER based on jobs!

Solved! Jump to solution

Very interesting - 2 weeks ago TT was swearing up and down that bid prices were NEVER based on job sizes, which obviously they are and now that is indeed confirmed by you.

As for people reaching out - when they reach out and you respond over and over but they never re-engage, we should receive refunds! I'll send a half dozen followup and NOTHING!!!!! That's outrageous!

Highlighted
Drummerpro
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

My pricing went from $3.30 to $19 per quote.  With no change in frequency of success in connecting with customers.  That is an insane price increase, and I don’t mind incremental price increases!