Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
AVP
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

On Oct 16, 2018 I get an email from TT, “Let’s talk about our pricing”. That conversation was then 77 pages long. Here we are less than 24 hours later at 144 pages and counting. Call me crazy, I have read through nearly all of it. I wonder if Vinamrata (TT employee who posted this) has.

I don’t think I have read one positive comment and overwhelmingly the same thing: Thumbtack, these people are pissed and bailing like rats on a sinking ship. You got greedy. You have been offered free advice from countless professionals and haven’t listened. 

I called and requested a refund on any money I had on the books and was told I have to close my profile down. Really? After some negotiating, I did manage to get my $13.36 refunded...or at least that’s what I was told. We’ll see.

I think I speak for most of the pros here. We take pride in building our businesses, take pride in the superior service we offer over a wide range of professions. You insult us by expecting us to bid on projects with no stated budget, no guarantee these projects are not “window shoppers”, and charge ridiculous amounts just for that “privilege”.

You are failing. I do believe I’m done.

So long.

Deborah
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I have filed many complaints about other moving companies sending job requests pretending to be a customer. Recently, I have been getting notifications that customers have picked our profile out. However, whenever we respond, no one ever responds back. This has cost me over $200 is thus far. It seems to me that if you guys can't link a known email address to a customer then your professionals, who paid the bills, are just at a loss. I would like for you to give your customer support agents enough latitude to use some common sense. When a request obviously comes from another moving company or someone with a personal vendetta, your support agents should be able to refund the money and especially, remove a fake review. Those are my only problems with thumbtack.
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

@Deborah, thanks so much for sharing your feedback!

We hear you — it’s frustrating to not only pay for something you don’t think you should be paying for, but then have to go through the hassle of requesting a refund. We’ve been working to improve this experience for our pros.

If a customer’s first message is a “no thanks,” you won’t pay at all. We also recently make some updates so that now you automatically won’t be charged for a customer who contacts you for a second time about the same job. You shouldn’t have to pay for the same customer twice, and you shouldn’t have to contact us to get a refund in this situation. So if we detect that the same customer contacts you for a second time about the same job within a week, then we automatically won’t charge you the second time the customer contacts you. And we’re currently in the process of exploring how we can build a better system for you to immediately flag leads in the app that you don’t think you should be paying for.

In the meantime, our goal is to introduce you to customers looking to hire pros like you. So if you get a questionable lead, be sure to let us know by disputing a charge. This feedback helps us improve our technology and policies for the future. And to learn which jobs typically qualify for refunds, read our article the Help Center.

A number of other pros posted similar feelings about our refund system, thanks for the great feedback!

@Checaskey @Kdcatering @AKD @1NancyG @ChefViaMelissa @Mattk91 @Mandavisualsstl @Kphoto87 @GBCon @magicmikecat @imwhitey @ScottK @ever5ince98 @pjacob94 @AVP @Knightmagic @Deborah @Djseven8seven @EnglishTrainer @Michaelhernandz @SMedaglia18 @KCdogWhisperer @VergaElectric @Alkemi_GSO @juneb @jhawk @LV-365 @RalObiohalaw @Photo-Frank @Heavenlyhawgsbb @houmanyekta78 @MerMan @Pinkladiesclean @misswestlake @Savcon2 @TGJAX @ReverendRob @Stuart @jprc2017 @danredwing @GDubler @sirokacorp @Rozarak @DJ3335 @SparkleShineDFW @johnaustinny @StevenLangley @TDHandyman @NickThruston @Nascar1439 @tshon @Sagearts @Sterrones7 @nancykenright @Best_Bartender @ChristopherW @Kendra @Andrea

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ScottK
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thank you for doing nothing to fix any of the issues we are commenting about.

Solved! Jump to solution

Just more scripted responses just as so called clients sending us scripted messages so that they can charge us.  The kicker we never know what we are being charged untile we are charged.  

0 Kudos
AVP
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

On Oct 16, 2018 I get an email from TT, “Let’s talk about our pricing”. That conversation was then 77 pages long. Here we are less than 24 hours later at 144 pages and counting. Call me crazy, I have read through nearly all of it. I wonder if Vinamrata (TT employee who posted this) has.

I don’t think I have read one positive comment and overwhelmingly the same thing: Thumbtack, these people are pissed and bailing like rats on a sinking ship. You got greedy. You have been offered free advice from countless professionals and haven’t listened. 

I called and requested a refund on any money I had on the books and was told I have to close my profile down. Really? After some negotiating, I did manage to get my $13.36 refunded...or at least that’s what I was told. We’ll see.

I think I speak for most of the pros here. We take pride in building our businesses, take pride in the superior service we offer over a wide range of professions. You insult us by expecting us to bid on projects with no stated budget, no guarantee these projects are not “window shoppers”, and charge ridiculous amounts just for that “privilege”.

You are failing. I do believe I’m done.

So long.

JSC
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Why would I go into a store that didn't display any pricing, and the chashier determined how relevant and the price for each item?

ChanceL
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been with utilizing thumbtack for over a year now and I recently just started getting my expense report together for tax purposes and realized I have spent over 7k in quotes. I have technically only made a profit of 5.3k after you deduct the cost for products needed. I'm an expert in my field offering top of the line products and over 10 years of technical expertise. So I just about imagine how difficult it is for those just starting out. I have made some suggestions below.

1. Offer a subscription where you get an unlimited amount of quotes for a certain rate like most other sites such as wedding wire which only charges ( 2.5k a year).  Example: up to 40 contacts a month for 200 a month or unlimited contacts a month for 300. At least you will know you will know how much your overhead cost is and you will be able to adjust your customer rates accordingly.

1. Make the pricing per quote clear and precise. It is absolutely absurd that I have no idea what I am going to be charged when I send a quote. 

2. Bring back the original "view competition" this gives us a price range to fit in and shows us the trends.

3.  Charge-dependent on the quote cost not how many are requested for in a bridal party. Example: If you quote a wedding party of 7 and I charge 400(making me the lowest)but another business quotes 795.00 and are both contacted both of the business are charged approx. 30 dollars. 

4.  For those who decide not to sign up with the subscription,  Implement a "word matching contact and charge system". Companies such as Indeed and Monster have a word matching system that matches you with jobs based on keywords matching. Example: If I send a quote or sign up with the instant match and a potential client messages me a just says " I really like your work but your price is too high" or "are you available on my date" and I''m booked  I still get charged the 36.75. 

You should only be charged if a potential client says or messages you certain keywords such as " Book a trial" " how do I book you", if a client sends you their an email or requests your email, calls you, selects hire, sends you a booking request, or if you say your date is currently available. 

I have spent over 117.00 just this past week from people simply saying they like they like my work, or asking if my date is currently available only to find out they have messaged 8 other businesses. I haven't booked so much as a trial so far for the money I've spent this week.

These are some ideas that I know if implemented would make me use Thumbtack much more vs. Wedding wire, the knot or other sites. The business model that you get to reach out to the potential clients right then and there vs having to wait until the potential clients go through tons of profiles is what I appreciate most but the pricing matrix has caused me to start to seek other advertising methods

Thank you for your time and consideration,

CHANCE 

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to understand it back in the day when it was a set price, but now over the past few years the fluctuations and inflations have me scratching my head. Just yesterday, I received a message from Thubmtack saying that someone has already decided to hire me (no quotes or anything), and just needed a tiny bit more info before they went ahead and hired me. Before I could send the info, Thumbtack says it'll be $8.67 to proceed since i've already got the job. Never heard back from the client. Now, I don't mind being turned down for a job, but to basically tell me i've got it and then charge me a fee when infact I do not have it, then I should get that money back. In my business (Production/Songwriting), there's thousands of flakes, and everyone is trying to get a 'pro' sound for practically nothing. When I do get someone who is real and not just putting the feelers out to see if they can get free beats (fellow writers know what I'm talking about), it's usually few and far between. 

On a side note, I went through Thumbtack last week to hire a locksmith and at first only received one reply. Then, about 3 or 4 days, I get an email from Thumbtack saying 'there are 11 unread messages from potential locksmiths waiting for your reply'. I probably quote people looking to hire me around 8-15 times a week, and rarely do I see that any of them even look at the quotes I'm sending. After the whole locksmith thing, I'm now wondering if people are even getting notified when they get quotes. It makes sense, because why not even look at a quote? It's not like it costs them anything.  

JustinPro
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Overall, I have personally been satisfied with the cost of Thumbtack quotes.

Here is why its working for me:
I have optimized my profile to provide me with the most possible quote potentials and in most cases I am able to limit the quotes I do not want by keeping my calander blocked appropriately. I find the calander is not easily accessible and could easily cause many Thumbtack professionals to pay for quotes that they do not actually want. Also in my business sector "entertainment" Thumbtack prices seem to be currently set appropriately and can be easily paid for with the jobs that I receive as a result of using the app.

Here is why it's not:
Thumbtack makes what seems to be constant changes and updates to both the overall web interface and the price scale making it an ongoing process of updating and strategizing in order to get the best results for my business. In some ways constant progress is great. However, it does not always seem like progress. The calendar is one of those features. It has changed locations and functions and in my opinion it has digressed.

The one main feature that every app and media platform currently available online is missing is that simplicity and streamlined features are always preferred. A growing user base that has not been learning all of the new functionality and growing complexity of an app are definitely going to feel overwhelmed by a system overloaded with to many features, options, and complexities.

I can see how this would be considerably difficult for many users. Because there are so many different types of professionals using the system the rates that are being charged seem to vary between profession and job type.

Personally I have no idea how you come up with how much you are charging me per quote. It seems to be a complex metric. Knowing that there was a cost it couldn't exceed would be helpful to me because then I could understand when your product starts to become to expensive and signal me to find other options.

Hope this helps
Justin Provoncha
0 Kudos