Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
Highlighted
KenBunch
Level 4

Let's talk about our pricing

Specifically for tile installers. Preferably, with 5 years or greater in experience. Also 5 plus years with Thumbtack. Let's talk about how we are pricing these jobs.
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
2 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Thanks for starting this conversation @KenBunch. I hope you get some helpful info from other tile installers! 

0 Kudos
mctile1980
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

KenBunch,

great to see you reaching out to a fellow tile contractor.  Have you come to terms on the new pricing structure and changes that have gone along with ii. If you can say yes, then I think you are the smartest contractor I know and I want your phone number so I can learn what you have learned. But alas, I will bet the entire business that you know no more than I do, I have read every post on community concerning all of these comments on trying to understand a system that continues to evolve without notification  i AM GOING TO STOP HERE, IF I AM GOING TO TACKLE THIS HEAD ON THEN LETS TACKLE IT HEAD ON. KEN NICE TALKING TO YOU BUT THIS IS GREATER THAN YOU AND I AND THE FRUSTRATION I SEE ON THIS BLOG AND ALL THE REST OF THE BULL PUT IN ONE BIG BLENDER. NEEDS A MORE PONTED CONFTONTATION BECAUSE IT IS REALLY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE ALL OF YOU ARE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG SO IT IS BAD BUSINESS TO NOT LISTEN TO CUSTUMERS AND NOT RESPOND OR EVOLVE FROM THAT KNOWLEDGE (AND ANY DESCRIPTIVE DIRECTION YOU CAN GET FROM EVEN THE WORSE PERSON WHO HAS THE NUTS TO COMMENT SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUS AND GO THROUGH THE METHODICAL WHO WHAT WHEN AND WHERE TEST TO FIND OUT IF ANY INFORMATION IS GOOD BAD OR INDIFFERENT. THAT IS WHAT LEARNING FROM OTHERS WILL GAIN YOU.

wHY BE INVOLVED IF YOU WILL NOT REACT TO THE DISCUSSION ON ANY TOPIC. i AM AGAIN GOING TO CHANGE PROSE AND DISPLAY AND TELL YOU THIS MAY TAKE A FEW HOURS BECAUSE IT IS TIME FOR ME TO GET OFF THE POT BECAUSE i AM SMART ENOUGHT TO QUIT PLAYING A GAME AND MAKE SURE MY BUSINESS DOES NOT CONTINUE TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF A CLIENT THAT OFFERED POSITIVE INFORMATION AND KEPT ME INVOLVED AND THEN ENGAGED THEN EXECUTION THEN SATISFACTION FOR CUSTOMERS AND YOURSELF.

OR AS EVERY OTHER DISCUSSION STATES WHAT THE HECK I SGONG ON i CANNOT AFFORD TO BE ON THE SITE BECAUSE IT HAD AN EASE OF USE THAT WORKED FOR ME BUT NOW A YEAR LATER, I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO ANY QUESTION MY FRIENDS ASK.  WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER AND i MEAN IT LIKE THIS: kEN BUNCH AND i ARE IN IT TOGETHER WE MAY BE COMPETITORS BUT i BETTER BE CIVIL TO KEN BECAUSE HE SIMPLY MAY BE A BETTER TILE CONTRACTOR THAN ME AND i COULD LEARN FROM HIM OR HE COULD BE A CONTRACTOR TRYING TO FIND IT LIKE THE REST OF US, OR HE MAY BE SIMPLY TRYING TO GET IN THE TRADE AND DOES NOT KNOW MUCH OR  YOU NAME IT . hE IS STILL MY BROTHER IN THE TRADE, HE IS MY BROTHER IN BUSINESS, i MAY NOT LIKE HIM i MAY JNOT APPRECIATE HIS EXISTENCE OR HIM MINE !!! OUTCH!!! lol

sO WITH SAYING ALL OF THIS ONE SHOULD GET SOME DEDUCTIVE REASONING FROM MY PROSE AND THE COMMUNITY BLOG AND THE ENTIRE EXISTENCE OF THUMBTACK.

1. i HAVE READ EVERY DISCUSSION NEW ABOUT THE SYSTEM AND IT DIFFICULITES  AND I DID NOT KNOW HOW TO NAVIGATE , ASK QUESTIONS AND GET ANSWERS AND i CAME TO A CONCLUSION. yES THAT IS TRUE BUT WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW!!! yOU ARE NOTIFIED ABOUT EVERY CHANGE!! iF YOU CHECKED YOUR NOTIFICATOIN BLOCKS!!!! OR YOU DO FIND ANOTHER BUSINESS WHO STARTES WRITING TO DISCUSS EVERY QUESTION YOU HAVE AND YOU RELATE AND YOU GO WHY DO THEY NOT ANSWER HIM HE IS RIGHT ON THE ISSUES **bleep** IT!!!!!!!  THERE ARE 10 DISCUSSION AND THEN A MODERATOR REPOSDING WITH i GET IT DON'T YUO. WELL WE ALL TALKED ABOUT IT AND WE ALL THOUGHT THAT IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO NOT ALLOW YOU TO TALK TO A CUSTOMER EVEN WHEN THEY HIRER YOU. i AHVE BEEN HIRED 20 TIMES AND NOT EVEN CALLED, i AHVE BEEN A MEMBER SINCE dECEMBER 31ST 2017. BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A NEW ID CALLED COMMUNITY WHICH IS DIFFERENT THAN MY PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION OR MY CUSTOMER INFORMATION AND HAS ITS OWN PROFILE. sO AER WE ALWAY7S CONFUSED BECAUSE WE WANT A SILVER BULLET OR SATISFACTION OF BEING SUCCESSFUL BECASUE WE MADE A GOOD DECISION TO RELY ON OTHER PEPLE TO PROVIDE LEADS.

iS ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS MESSAGE OF MADNESS BECAUSE OF YOIU DO, i HAVE CHANGED MY MIND. i AM NOT LONGER ON THE SITE BUT i SPENT 2,000 ON LEADS i COULD NEVER CONNECT WITH BUT A FEW LUCKY OCCASTIONS AND i AM SIMPLY SICK ABOUT IT. i USED TO HAVE COLTS TICKETS ON THE FIFTY YARD LINE AND i COULD TELL EVEYRONE BUSINESS IS GREAT AND i AM THE MAN BECAUSE WHY!!! i AM NOT SELLING LIKE i DID BEFORE. LETS SWITCH THIS DISCUSSION LIKE THUMBTACK HAS DONE TO THE POINT OF TOTAL CONFUSION AND WHEN i ASK IT I SREALLY THE WORSE THING. becasue I do not know enough about this system and never have but I am convinced it is doing better, you want to see!!! of course that is not true at all. it is human nature to want to believe in something that can help you beyond what others or yourself can do. So I am starting over.

I going to introduce myself, tell you my story, offer every detail in my business that can make a difference for you to hire me as fast and clear as I can. I need to be consistent with my approach and allow the many years of service do exactly what will happen, engage, the years of experience, why have you seperated yourself from others via every detail and paragragh I can expound. If you do what needs to be done over thirty years, you have controlled every aspect to learning and networking with competitiors and or everyone in the industry. I am a stewerd of the tile industry. If you are a tile contractor wiht a problem, tell me what it is and can I be of any help. I have done just about everything four or five times so I could at least fill out the question aire I think.!!! 

It is breaktime lets see if we get this on the community or the blog but, if one cannot see the humor in this and ourselves they need to get out of the buisiness.  Thumbtack is not the problem, my changing how i GET LEADS OR STOP THAT WORD TO LETS CALL THEM JOBS

continued

ps - CLAIRE, I AM  JEFF McCAMMACK

Jeff McCammack