Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
RalObiohalaw
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

It is outrageous what they are doing. They sell themselves to small businesses. However, they turn around and scam us. I just got a bill for $70 for 2 "hellos" that never responded to my messages! There is no accountability, no professionalism, no transparency. It is unfortunately becoming a scam company and I am highly displeased. When you contact customer service, they give you the runaround and never issue refunds. If they continue this way, they will lose legitimate honest professionals and be stuck with scammers who are equipped to scam them right back. This is very disheartening. As a Top Pro, I will have to take a break from sending quotes, because who's to say next week, I won't be paying $100 per "hello".

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with this. It is quite honestly a rip-off to charge pros based on the “value” of a job. Especially when we are not booking every job we send out quotes for. Thumbtack should only charge if a job is booked and then charge a set percent commission. I am a caterer and have been spending upwards of $300-600 a month on leads, many of which don’t turn into anything. I understand that thumbtack is connecting us with potential leads but at an extremely unfair cost. There is also no real clear wording of how their new “pricing structure” works. I have had to call them a few times questioning charges on my debit card. They say they charge you in Sunday’s but randomly debited my account in the middle of the week. When I questioned it they said oh well if a lead is considered to have a certain amount of “value” then we can charge your account immediately. This is kind of shady, don’t you think? Charge us for jobs we actually book but please it is unfair to charge us upwards of $60 for something that is only a potential lead!
djdonraymond
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am using your service very little since you changed the pricing structure. When you debited my card for 60 dollars that was unexpected I stopped using your service. I don't trust you, period. In the past I spent thousands on your site but always knew how much I was spending.

Bye

DJ Don Raymond

TBI
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
Dear Thumbtack,
I have not been using Thumbtack because of your drastic increase in Pricing, your fees have gotten out of control... I use other sites for a set rate and receive more business!!! Two of your quote rates is what I pay for a whole month over advertising else where. If your rates don't change, I will no longer be using Thumbtack... In the past I recommended your site, I no longer do. $10.00 plus dollars is too much to pay for somebody opening a quote... Thank You for reaching out!!!
Jtapia
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I want to know exactly what I'm paying for a quote before quoting.customers should be told upfront that by checking are quote the provider will be charged even if they are just browsing after choosing a Pro...really the way it used to be was much better..the new changes are really not helpful to the pros just more money for thunbtack... that's why I have startled using other programs,so if losing pros was your plan its working...
Knightmagic
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thing is people looking for information will still put in their request because it doesn't cost them anything. I for one think there should be a fee for customers who are "looking for initial information". Really every customer should be charged a small fee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
denderby
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, thank you for your concern. 

I have voiced my concern with Thumbtack several times this year. Admittedly, it was really difficult accepting the new format. It really caused me to reevaluate my relationship with Thumbtack, as a major player in my advertising. Since the change, I have sought other means of advertising that have actually been working quite well. 

As a painter, I know that I cannot pay $75 for a roll of the dice. It's just not realistic unless someone has money to burn. I usually very carefully consider the lowest tier leads that you offer which is handyman, and I am starting to pull away from that. In my mind, it just doesn't make sense to pay that kind of money for a lead. Others may have endless finances and will be able to afford it, but it isn't feasible for me. 

I appreciated what you did in the beginning and would love it if you returned. Not sure why you ever decided to change. 

Your business was instrumental in helping my business take off. You were definitely one of my favorite companies, and so generous. 

Not sure what happened. Take care and we hope you are able to find a great place to land where we can both benefit again. 

Jesus bless you!

Cory

Zb00
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Pricing is outrageous, used to be a big fan of thumbtack but having to pay $30 plus to bid on a lawn mowing job is ridiculous. I no longer use thumbtack and won't use it again until the pricing structure is redone. Being part of the professional landscape contractor community my thoughts are shared all around. We all DO NOT recommend thumbtack to anyone and tell them to steer away unless they want to be ripped off. Seriously disappointed in the direction it has gone.
Shuber
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

The new pricing is NOT working for me.  I am now paying about $10 per quote, whereas before it was less than $3.  I do not used the feature that has been suggested to me - the instant match, because it is impossible to coordinate with my calendar.  I am a wedding officiant and much depends on my availability.  I have not been hired since the new quoting system was put into place.  It used to be my number one resource for work. I have sent feedback several times with NO reponse from Thumbtack.     

Solved! Jump to solution

I have read all the previous messages and can only echo the same observtions.     I chose no longer to use Thumbtack because of increase in pricing.  Also, it seems that most couple don't understand all the initial work before I actually marry them.     It is frustating when they read my comment, but dont respond.  Or they respond and said they are going with family or friend, not realizing that your firm has taken money from my account.   At the beginning this was a good source, but now I just hit delete .    The word of mouth and folks attending my wedding service is how I generate my officiant service.