Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I have to agree with most of the responses here.

I don't understand why you limit the number of characters on my responses. 

Limiting the quotes to 5 was beneficial. Triple the costs in the past year has led me to look at other marketing 

Cmptrwhiz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
This service has turned into a complete farce. I went from getting more business than I could handle, top pro for 3-4 years, then nothing!

I’m seeing this as greed. There are ways to tweak a system where it works for all involved.

It felt like I was punished for being great.

Best of luck with your system! These prices and whatever changes you have made are grossly detrimental for any business, except yours, to thrive.
Highlighted
jerimas
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to go back to the way it was.  I am not getting much business on Thumbtack anymore in the last 2 years. I wish it was still $3.33 for the bids. I am on Disability and rely on Thumbtack to help me supplement my income. PLEASE!!!!! Can we go back to the way it was!!! Have the customer pay a few to use the service.  I believe your are trying to make money off of us.

Thanks,

Pet Nanny by Jerrie Rimas

bhupp
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
how can I find out how much the lead cost before I submit a bid. this is only fair to know what it will cost BEFORE I purchase.
Gartob
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
For the first two years I used Thumbtack everything worked out fine. Pricing was based on the bid not on the contact. Now I’m paying more than $20 for a contact. In the past past 3 weeks I’ve paid over $80 on simple questions like availability and have not been hired. In the past this would have cost me $15 to answer these questions. Why did you try to fix something that was not broken. Oh I guess it’s to make more money. I am very hesitant to bid on jobs because a simple question from a potential customer cost me 20% of my earnings from that job. And the loss of that type of cash does not work out for me in the long. Please return to a minimum fee system for placing bids and limit the number of Pros a potential customer receive bids from.
MYteddydog1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Go back to the old way , that way we can include the cost in our bids . There are way to many people ,just doing fishing exercises and costing us money when they probably won't even complete,a job .

Spartan_ox
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I do not care for the new format. I've had perspective clients ask me a question after I send a quote. I get charged $36 because they contacted me. And then I never hear from them again. I now have severely lessened the number of quotes I send because of this. Its just not worth it.

MattDiAno
Level 5

Horrible Changes

Solved! Jump to solution

I am a wedding DJ.

I WAS a huge fan of Thumbtack and a "power user"  You gave me awards and I was a mentor as well, helping new businesses learn how to use your system.  This was in 2015-2016  I built my business on Thumbtack, and I paid you well for it.  

I took two years off and came back to a mess that has me confused and really upset.  The Instant Match was charging me $40+ for someone to message me "Are you free on my date".....so I turned that off quickly.  The other day I got a notice that someone was interested in my profile and wanted more information, I went to reply and it was $41.00 to reply.  For a $350 gig.  Come on!!!!  That is ridiculous.  I had the same sort of reply a few days earlier, and it was $3.25  What gives Thumbtack?  This makes NO sense.  

I went to bid on a gig and 11 other DJs had already bid.  That is way too many for a customer to process.

The old system of buying credits and knowing EXACTLY how much you are spending was much better, in my opinion.  I knew what I was spending, it wasn't too expensive to bid on a job (usually around $10) and only 5 pros could bid on any one job.

Now your site is confusing, the amounts you charge us vary WILDLY and it really has started to feel like a scam.  I like transparency.  Not fees I have absolutely no idea of what they are going to be until it is too late.

I am using Thumbtack to book a couple of gigs, but I will be done with this sight, completely and forever, by the first of the year.  I am getting set up on a couple of other sites to connect with customers, and will be done with Thumbtack shortly.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with Thumbtack and the direction you have taken.  You MUST be aware of it as well, if you are having to reach out and ask us what's wrong with your system.  If you're having this forum, you know something is broken, and you have probably noticed it financially.

Change it or suffer, that is how business works.  Give us a fair, transparent product and we will use it.  That is why you did so well a couple of years ago, then you expanded into all the TV ads and now you don't care about your pros anymore.  You used to be SO customer oriented and took great care of us, now it seems unfair and shady.

PLEASE feel free to contact me about this: 303-246-2045

Thanks,

Matt DiAno

ntwwilliams
Level 4

Re: Horrible Changes

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with you 100%, this new system has zero transparency and feels like a scam. I just paid $71 for a single bid, which I had no idea was so expensive until after the fact. I have dramatically slowed my usage on a thumbtack and will probably discontinue usage altogether if they continue these scrupulous tactics
Metrote
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

YOU DONT SEEM TO GET IT,  THE BIGGER ISSUE IS THAT 

A) WE DONT KNOW THE PEOPLES BUDGETS ,EVERYONE PRICE SHOPS

B) YOU DID PUT IN NOW 3 CHOICES WHICH IS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE IT JUST MUDDIES THE WATERS.  WE  HAVE TO KNOW HOW MUCH PEOPLE WANT TO SPEND.  BASICALLY  I WAS BEING VERY SELECTIVE IN MY VIDEO CATEGORIES BECAUSE MOST OF THE JOBS WERE TOO CHEAP,  NOW ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE.     

C) THE COST HAS GONE UP SIGINFICANTLY AND I WOULDNT MIND PAYING MORE IF I HAD A REALLY GOOD IDEA OF WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO SPEND.  THUMBTACK HAS REFUSED TO COMMUNICATE WITH TOP PROS ABOUT WHAT THINGS COST, I WENT ON  YOUR AREA WHERE IT "SHOWS" WHAT PEOPLE COULD SPEND, AND IT SHOWS A TOTAL LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT PEOPLE IN VIDEO PRODUCTION DO.   EMAILS TO THE GROUP MANAGER GO UNANSWERED, YOU ARE VERY DETACHED FROM WHAT IS GOING ON. 

**THIS IS THE PROBLEM 

• The cost of each lead varies based on factors like the type of job, the size of the job, the number of pros available, and the customer’s interest.    YOU DONT RELALY UNDERSTAND THIS, IN TERMS OF WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS,  MY CATEGORY IS HYPER COMPETITIVE. 
  • HOW ABOUT PICKING UP THE PHONE AND SPEAKING WITH PEOPLE ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO EXPLAIN IN AN EMAIL WHAT YOU ARE DOING WRONG
  • THE PROBLEM IS A COMBINATION OF LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND LACK OF COMMUNICATION TO THE VENDORS, ITS LIKE YOU ARE THROWING DARTS AT A WALL