Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jerimas
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to go back to the way it was.  I am not getting much business on Thumbtack anymore in the last 2 years. I wish it was still $3.33 for the bids. I am on Disability and rely on Thumbtack to help me supplement my income. PLEASE!!!!! Can we go back to the way it was!!! Have the customer pay a few to use the service.  I believe your are trying to make money off of us.

I have been with you for 10 years now, always talking about this site how wonderful it is. People have never heard of it!  Well, now  one suggestion when I price something for a cat or a dog.  I would rather have the option to price not a set price. I cahrge $15 for a cat, $20 dog.  $5 extra pet.

Thanks,

Pet Nanny by Jerrie Rimas

Highlighted
Jb0070
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It's becoming very expensive, and there is now no way of knowing what your paying for each bid, like in the old days when each bid was individually priced

Solved! Jump to solution
How do you determine the price for each job?
I had a few people that chose me and when I replied, paid the fee, I don't get any responses.
How do I know it's legit and just not someone on the other side just pushing
buttons?
mjgabel
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Not sure that you do want to talk about pricing. I have called and also emailed, and no response. 

I now have stopped replying to your users, becasue you will not address the pricing/fee question. 

Each person was cosing me $8.00 just to email with them about jewelry items or questions. 3 of the people were looking for inforamtion and guidance on appraising some pieces. Turns out they did not need an appraisal, but a local jeweler was trying to charge them for 2. ($200.00). I had saved the person money, and also answered their questions and it COST ME $8.00. This same senereo has played out over a week and ended up costing me a lot of money for helping your users. Why would I continue to pay for leads that do not turn into anyting. 
Our firm is an expert for Angies List and several other orginizations and we are not required to pay to play or help peeple. Maybe this method just is not feasable for our type of business. 

I have an open door policy and would love to discuss this further so we can help your audiance. Call me, lets talk: 585-598-1090 

Matthew Gabel
MJ Gabel
www.mjgabel.com

MJ Gabel - Advisors & Trustees of Fine Jewelry
13 South Ave.
Webster, NY 14580
www.mjgabel.com
kenaggus
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Suddenly I am paying maybe ten times what I used to pay.  Your system has changed, and I like the results, but I have now gone from around $100/month for your leads to maybe $1,000/month.

The conversion rate is not justifying the cost.

Solved! Jump to solution

Go back to the way pricing used to be. Thats why I dont use it any more. Its not for me. Mike

Solved! Jump to solution

My concern is when a customer "reaches out to me" I send a response and get nothing only to find out that they have messaged 5 other pros and did not talk to any of them. We were all charged for a bad lead and Thumbtack made over $100 bucks. I liked it when you only got charged if a customer responded to you. That was fair. I do not like being charged for people who have no interest in using thumbtack but are just "kicking tires" I am the Top Pro in my area and am really concerned that my budget will not allow me to continue with Thumbtack because I have to inflate my prices to cover the costs, which will price me out of the normal range for an officiant.

Djgeo
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I think you should go back to the Original way you did business. The clients requesting for Dj's ETC should be charged. They make us chase them for the business then they abadone us and we get charged just for asking a few questions about their event. The amount of leads we get is great ,but the chasing and lack of communication from the clients empties our pockets.

Craigfilms
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing sucks, plain and simple. I feel like I have been overcharged, all the time. If you want to charge $12+ then we need more information for the perspective client. Things like phone number, email, title, company name. These are all standard for lead generation. I also believe the only person/company who should pay is the one who wins the job. That makes the high prices we’ve been paying for over a year. I have plenty more ideas like a flat fee. Meanwhile I am looking for alternatives to Thumbtack because it seems like y’all don’t listen and do whatever you want anyways.
Kathy2010
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
As a long time user of Thumbtack. Even since the beginning it was simple to engage with clients for a minimal rate/cost. Now it's way over priced and I was in shock when I sent a quote and the client responded with I'm waiting for other quotes, then I was charged outrageously for a client telling me I'm waiting for other quotes. The cost was somewhere around $30.00 which at that time wasn't listed. I haven't used Thumbtack since because of the outrageous fees. It seems to be all about Thumbtack making more money and not about who uses Thumbtack.

In addition there isn't any screening of the clients age, meaning any one can put in a request and that's costly to us.

People putting up requests that are not valid, meaning they just want information and have no intention to hire. More than likely someone screening for their own business.

I certainly have quite a bit more, but when I have contacted you it in some cases falls by the wayside.
I've been in the photography industry for over forty years and have the upmost respect for people and expect the same in return.

Tom Miller
Tom Miller