Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Your service has gotten me nowhere fast.  Very expensive and I have discountinued.  For mediation the only way this will work is if the people can see the Mediators and when they choose one or two then that mediator pays a reasonable fee of $5 and reply to the clients request.  A lot of people just have questions about mediation or they misspell it and think it is meditation.

Solved! Jump to solution

"we try to only charge you for the value that you’re getting" is complete BS. You offer the EXACT same service but now at a 400% upcharge. You have no idea what "value" we get or what size the job is. Most of the time the leads are so vague, with so few details the Pros don't even know for sure what we are quoting. We respond just to start a conversation.  

I've been on Thumbtack for almost 15 years and been through MANY pricing changes from you guys. I was here when leads were FREE. But sadly this is the end. This is just corporate greed. You have changed NOTHING about the quality of the leads but expect pros to pay 300-400 times more from them. Sad, truly sad.  

Solved! Jump to solution
I liked it when I only paid when the customer responded to my qoute. The first problem is that you charge upwards of $40 for one quote. That is extremely unaffordable and not sustainable in marketing roi terms. The second problem is most people are window shopping which is fine. But we are encouraged to get the customer to interact but they might respond to my qoute with no intention of purchase and now I'm out $40-$50
lockmangrady
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I haven't received many leads from TT. Lately, all I have seen are vague as to what lock work is needed. Your estimates of the value I receive are much higher than what I actually get. I only make money if I get the job, and most are one-time only. I do get referrals and repeat business, but only after actually doing a job. Willing to pay when I am hired, but not for leads that are unlikely to result in income.
Highlighted
Watchman
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Your pricing has increased dramatically!  You used to charge 2-3 credits that wnet out to a maximum of 4 inspectors. ($5-8) so I had a 25% chance of getting a $300 job.  Now you charge $20+ and send out to up to 15 (FIFTEEN!) inspectors!  UNBELIEVABLE!  

Mkat4464
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I was under the impression we were only charged if we Replied to a customer. For example, I saw I was charged for a lead when I never contacted them. I keep getting leads that are also not in my service area and don’t feel I should be charged for those. My map shows my service areas and don’t know why I’m getting leads out of my areas. I do find it confusing and a bit misleading.
lisavasey
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I never know how much I'm going to pay, which is really frustrating. I need more information than the simple questions answered from most of the potential clients that contact me, and I'm paying just to initiate a conversation - not if I actually get the job. And the newest version of pricing means I'm paying about $30 just to start a conversation. Sorry - but that's too rich for my blood.

Reb
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

You bought credits for $74.00 for 50 credits. The cost to send quotes were 3 to 6 credits and the Pro had to respond to get the possible job. With the auto quote you took the  smaller Pro who was on top of the leads out of the loop and added the larger companys who do nothing and dont care about the fee if they get responded to. They have budgets for that as the smaller pro does not.

With this new system you have eliminated a job at my company as you have made the average $6.00 Quote $75.00

Good Luck To Ya

0 Kudos
Goldlj12
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm not a fan of the unknow!.... I kinda liked the old way of posting what each bid would cost!

jeffrmarks
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I do a lot of weddings for $50-70 for small events where I just need to show up. It was fine when the charge was $3 or even $6. However when the charge went to $20 it is no longer cost effective. My choices are either for me to take a large reduction in earnings or to pass that on to the customer who may now balk at an extra $20 with no explanation. And there’s no assurance of an event which means I could spend $20 for no sales. Three of those and I’m in the hole for my next event. This is not the way to run a business.