Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Prices are too high

Solved! Jump to solution

I have stopped bidding on jobs, for two reasons.

1.  I think your new pricing is way too high.

2.  I bid on a job that I am sure was a scam, and I contacted you for a refund, and you refused.

I think you need to take better care of your candidates before I will use you again.

Thank you for this opportunity.

Debra Adams

425-214-2002

Chefray
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
First and foremost let me say I've been with you all for at least for 5 years. I have witnessed a dramatic increase in the pricing per bid. When you all first started I felt as if the pricing was fare ranging between 6 to $15. But as of lately charging people 35 sometimes upwards to $50 for a quote that is not guarantee for us to cater for the client really is kind of like a slap in the face simply because if I made 10 quotes at $50 that's $500 wasted and you are earn money so I feel as if you should reconstruct your pricing system so where as if we lose money and you gain money at least let our loss not be so severe. I love the site it's awesome but like I say the last past year I haven't been bidding simply because the price hike
Lisawevents
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I won’t be using Thumbtack anymore since the last time I tried to “the fee would have been $60. What thumbtack does not realize is that people will contact us vendors get a bunch of information from us and not hire us. They will also make a request and then have their friend make a request all for the same event. Then we end up paying double for jobs we do not get. This has happened on a number of occasions. When Thumbtack was doing that too and three credit Diel I was only losing about $6 to 7 on a bid. Not to mention I am a caterer and because I bid $2000 on a job I may only make 200 and I can’t see paying Thumbtack $60 for a possible referral. I am on other sites where I quote and no matter what the job I only pay six dollars a quote. I don’t know what happened to Thumbtack but the way of doing business there does not help the vendors that are paying for the service. When I saw the price to quote on a job which was $60 I decided to take my business elsewhere. Google doesn’t even charge that much. It’s a shame Thumbtack changed it’s pricing policy because I spent a lot of money there and I was able to get leads. It doesn’t hurt to lose a couple bucks when you don’t get hired but you lose hundreds overtime is just not worth it
SirPatrick
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm a top pro but not for much longer. Thumbtack was a great resource for finding jobs, just paying a small amount for leads. Now, once I started getting charged $40 for say, a music video lead, most of the musicians have no money and are time wasters anyway, I stopped completely bidding on producing music vids. I used to spend $150 a month on Thumbtack and was happy with the return.  Now I'm really careful about what jobs I bid on and spend a hell of a lot less. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Since there are few pros in my area, usually just me and one other person, I used to sometimes be able to quote for free. I would usually get about 1-2 clients per year on average from Thumbtack, but it was nice to have around. In a business that is hard to grow like mine, it was good to have every option available. Now I have to pay per conversation. So even though I have virtually no competition, I can lose more money than I gain just because people who reach out for music lessons are often not serious enough in their need, they're just interested in checking it out and probably won't end up doing lessons at all, with me or anyone else. I am still submitting quotes for now, but I will never reach out to anyone until the pricing is modified, and if I run out of my saved credit, there's a good chance I won't use Thumbtack anymore.  If you want me to lose money, then I will make sure Thumbtack doesn't get money from me either. I can do better without Thumbtack.

Pipecraft
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello!
Over the past few years, I have noticed that the pricing keeps going up all the time with Thumbtack leads. Because of that, I have started to use other lead sources a lot more than I used to. Recently, I have not been able to see how much each lead costs and that has caused me to use Thumbtack even less. I think each lead should show the cost prior to deciding whether or not to send a response. I have been able to spend less money for more leads on lead generators like Home Advisor and basic advertising than Thumbtack in the past 6 months or so. It's really kind of disappointing since Thumbtack has been my "go to" lead generator for years now. I hope that things will change for the better as far as pricing because the model that its turning into is become more catering to bigger corporations and less attractive to small companies like my own.

Jacob Kerns
Pipecraft Plumbing, Inc.
Lynnwinkle
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Is there a way to only be charged if the gig is booked or maybe a one time yearly flat fee for unlimited leads? What could also work is to have a small fee that the potential clients pay instead of the pros so that all leads will be real.
Highlighted
StyleByDani
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
$20 for a conversation, not even a hire for a potential $50 job does not make good business sense. Last year, I used Thumbtack non-stop. I simply can’t afford the risk at these prices this year. $3 a quote was worth the risk of potentially getting hired or potentially finding someone serious about hiring on the other end of the conversation.

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a top pro and used thumbtack as my main way to get clients for my wedding officiant business, however when the pricing changed from set pricing I stopped using thumbtack, I can’t afford to pay $20.00 per lead.
I would go back to using thumbtack if the regular set pricing was brought back otherwise I’m simply not interested, I’ll put my money to work somewhere else.
Chuxxmail1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Pricing is ridiculous. Thumbtack makes grand assumptions on what the customers are willing to pay and most thumbtack customers want to pay 20 to 40% lower than market pricing

If thumbtack wants to keep customers like me buying their products that they need to make the customer on the other end who wants the service pay for using and give vendors like myself in adequate idea of what price they’re looking to pay

The price is over all need to be lower and I need to be consistent. Thumbtack doesn’t need to charge more for what they think is a better paying job because they really are. I’m tired of paying $30 to answer an email for someone who wants to pay half the price rate because Thumbtack thinks they’ll make more.

And Thumbtack lied. They said you would only be charge when you email the customer. Not true