Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
crowdteaser
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I WANT TO COMMENT ABOUT YOUR POLICY OF SETTING A BUDGET....I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT UNUSED CREDITS DON'T CARRY OVER TO THE NEXT MONTH.  AND I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T ACCEPT "PAY PAL".  I WILL NOT PUT MY CREDIT CARD OUT LIKE THIS.  AND I KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS THIS WAY.

THAT'S MY INPUT.

CROWD TEASER

0 Kudos
Gibil
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I appreciate your feedback;  my concern with your current system is that your customer is on no way required to actually hire any of the professionals who quote.  There is no protection for me as a user of the system if the client literally is just scanning for prices.  I don't find that to be fair which is why I rarely use your system.  For me it is better to pay a flat rate than a "micro transaction" system.

0 Kudos
Bharath
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello Vinamrata,
I understood your point on the pricing. But, can we have this option revoked where customers directly chooses a contractor and sends a message to them. If we are not available for a particular job, and if we reply to them we get charged. If we decline a request, the customer feels we ignore their messages. I would like to have some changes in pricing policies for these job requests.
0 Kudos
Jsh54
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been here few years at first I was doing really well.Now not much comes my way.And pricing people come my way say they don't have much money.And when they see my pricing I always have to change the price.And need to change the charge too.I had two contact they decided to go with someone else so am out of 33 dollars now and no work. am a 11 reviews 5 star working think I be leaving soon try takl thank you Jill
0 Kudos
katieleona
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I totally understand needing to pay for marketing (ie submitting Thumbtack quotes to potential clients) however I believe the price for professionals to quote should be much less and then charge a little more to the professional who gets the gig.

In talking to others, I don’t think people looking for professionals know that we pay to send quotes! There are so many customers who are just throwing requests out there not realizing that we are paying a lot to respond to their quotes. I’ve stopped using Thumbtack as much especially when the price went up, because I felt like I was throwing my money at bogus potential clients.

I would favor paying a small set fee (perhaps still tiered based on price of project) and willing to fork over a little more if I was actually hired by the customer.
TT_L
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
-The price is 4-5 times what it used to be.
-It seems you have to do the auto bid to get the good jobs, which i tried and seems to charge you all the time, not just when people respond.
-thumbtack went from the best lead system to in line with everyone else
-$14 for a $35 job isn’t worth it
- it was great and now is not
-maybe you guys needed to make these changes to cover expenses? I don’t know
-now only the big companies can afford this

Solved! Jump to solution
I have not yet received a referral that actually was in a field in which I work. Therefore, I have no experience with paying for a lead. I am still hoping to get a useable lead.
nahant37
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am have a company that does web design , logo design, UI desing and enterprise software systems..

I have answered many requests and i seems like the people searching for assistance are not professional but are individuals looking for a cheap price...example many request are for under $500.

It not worth my time to respond and pay you $39 to $54 if they answer my post....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
aprilacm
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I  was a Top Pro for about two years. I have since completely stopped using Thumbtack due to the pricing structure. I started in 2015 and was paying around $3 for each bid, whether or not they purchased my services. This was fair considering how much my profit is on resume writing. Since then, the prices have gone up and word of mouth has spread, so I have no need to invest exorbitant amounts on bids. However, if you were to return to the price structure of 2015, I would gladly return as a top pro!

Thank you for showing interest in what your clients think.

April 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I rarely know what each lead is going to cost, so it is very confusing for me to make an accurate budget. Without having at least a ballpark estimate of what the different types of leads are going to cost me, it's easy to go over or under my budget. I think having at least an estimate based on type of job, or price range would help. I have also used issues with some jobs being withdrawn fairly quickly, while others not being taken out

The pricing seems to have changed a lot lately, which makes getting used to a particular style hard.
0 Kudos