Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
phyllisart
Level 2

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

my nameisphyllis notchris, that needsto be corrected

0 Kudos
wcgatchel
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Unfortunetly, I all but stopped using this service. Occasionally I will get a lead that looks interesting but because I no longer understand the pricing I just pass on everything.  I dont know why you just can't have a monthly/yearly memebership that allows you to bid on what you want when you want without trying to figure out how much it will cost everytime you bid. 

0 Kudos
rhartley
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

It's good to hear from you. I've been trying to reach you but haven't gotten a response to my emails.  I thought we had an arrangement in which I was charged a certain amount to respond to an inquiry.  For the last two months you've charged me $10.43 on my credit card and I don't remember sending any quotes.  What's up?

0 Kudos
Grandslamdjs
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’ve read all the previous entries and agree with all of them!! Your pricing is insane!!!!!!!
I can’t afford to even bid on jobs because your pricing is totally out of control!!
It went from $5-$10 a quote to $30-$50 overnight!! What the hell us that, a 300% increase. And if 10 people contact 10 pros, you’re the only ones getting rich!!
I pass on more jobs because if they contact to say if I’m available, I say yes and give my deal and his I can help then then never hear from them back because I was just one of many they contacted, I’m billed $45 for that!! That’s totally crazy!! Do that 5 times in a week and I’m losing money!! Everyone knows in the DJ world that thumbtack is for low ball gigs, not for the premium priced Dj’s. With your fees it’s gonna gets worse and worse with all garbage “pros”, and the quality of the pros work will be a detriment to your product. Word of mouth will be that if you hire someone on Thumbtack your gonna get low quality work and your site will suffer and eventually go out of business itself!!
Bottom line is: go back to your original pricing, more people will use the site, better pros will come back the quality of your pros will increase and your reputation will increase and you will ultimately win. Right now you may be making more per quote but losing pros until you end up have no pros bidding anymore. I pass on jobs I would normally bid on, but when I see how much it is, I say every singe time, “ no way” !! Pass!!
Hi back to when it started and I will bidalot more, but until then, I’m pretty much just a spectator.
Thank you for your time!!
0 Kudos
Hunter
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with what most everyone else has been saying. During the early years of my business, I lived off of Thumbtack leads, and I felt like it was the greatest secret I had found that no one else knew about. Thumbtack helped my business grow and for that I'm still thankful (and loyal). But as prices have gone up and Instant Match has been introduced, it's become less and less helpful to my business. Being charged for every single person who contacts me is ridiculous - in my industry (Wedding Photography), people may contact 5 or 10 or more photographers to ask a few questions, then just book one of them (or end up booking their friend they grew up with). How can I survive paying $50+ dollars per lead if my conversion rate is so low? How can I run a profitable business and support my family if it takes 25%+ of gross revenue from a job goes to finding leads? It's just getting too expensive. And all of this doesn't mention that Thumbtack frequently is "Instant Matching" me with couples that are a bad fit for us, but hey, if the client doesn't realize that and reaches out to ask a question, there's $50 down the drain... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Darren73
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I had to remove myself from Instamatch for various reasons. First I've been a religious patron of your company since Nov of 2014. The prices per quote were 3.33 at that time. Then went up to 5 then 8 then 14 then to 17.41. I set my travel preferences to a 10 mile radius of the listed zip code and was regularly being sent jobs that were 30 plus miles away. And then had to argue with your staff that when the customer said they would travel up to 25 miles and my GPS stated 28 or 30 miles the response I got from you guys was that your travel meter is based on a "straight line" and it was under 25. Hmmmm. I told them I don't own an airplane and me or the customer would have to drive on "roads" and not take a straight trek through the Savannah. This debate went on many times both with calls and emails. There are so many things I could go on and on but I need to get back to work. I mentioned no fitness trainer wants to travel 27 miles that takes 40 minutes to get there, train for 45 minutes then travel 40 minutes back when they could have trained 3 sessions in that time locally. The only way to make that lucrative would be to charge the travel client three times the standard price which would never fly with them. So I removed myself from Instamatch and quote only when the job seems plausible.
0 Kudos
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I think the pricing is two expensive weather u get the job or not. I think if a job comes in and it doesn't work out for me to get it I should not be charged seems unfair.they need to come up with more affordable pricing for people like me that can't really afford this service at least a senior discount.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to love Thumbtack and used to get tons of leads that turned into jobs. It seems that since Instant March started, I’m spending money for nothing. The most I get is an automated message a customer picks and when I answer they never respond. Not sure if taking the business out of the quoting process has led to customers not making a connection with the business or if I am just not being matched for the right jobs. I set my budget low because of this. Frankly, I think everything should go back to the old way or we should only be charged one set rate when we are quoting ourselves or hired for a job.
0 Kudos
nicholeseitz
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Much like everyone else, I'd like more transparency. I'd like to know what I am paying once that customer responds to me instead of having to look it up on my card statement. There do seem to be a large number of fake leads and I am glad we are now only paying once contact is made. However, I'd still like to know what it is going to cost before hand. I am a small business and this isn't my full time job. I submit leads and take jobs only if it is worth my time. 

0 Kudos
digitaldjmp3
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I think you pricing is way to high,   it used to be fair and reasonable and now it seems a little greedy,  The customers have no stake in the quote.  I've seen them ask two or three different times trying to get a better quote.     Also I've submitted a quote to a user that asked for me and it cost me like $45 or so, never heard another word from her,  so I get nothing for that.  Since she asked me to quote I got billed.   Maybe a quoting system where you pay a smaller fee (like $10) to quote like before and if the customer hits the hired button it will charge the DJ the remaining amount say $25  or so.   I probably won't be submitting many quotes at $40-60 for now,  I will use other sites that are more reasonable.  It's a shame since I've been a top Pro for the past 3-4 years.   I'll keep looking at Thumbtacks but I will be extremely selective on what I quote to.

thank

Chuck 

Digital DJ

0 Kudos