Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Assembly
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Your pricing is too high. If I am only putting together one item, my price is $50 and a quote costs $10.26. You are taking more than 20% of my profits. I will not bid on small jobs anymore. Clients are not willing to eat the extra $10 for a single item, so I cannot increase my pricing to cover the bid cost. I used to be able to pay $3 per bid and I’d land the job. I was ok with $3 but not $10. Plus, you once charged me even higher for a bigger quote, then I didn’t even get hired because the client just asked me a question and then I never heard from them again. Your service is too expensive for my business model.
LM
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Perfectly stated ! 

0 Kudos
clorch44
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to know, exactly how the price is calculated.  My account gets charged a number and there isn't any explanation for how you came up with i

0 Kudos
West
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a big supporter felt I was helping you and your customers but as you started charging everything differently I was out I had great reviews would tell everyone on the business and people I new hew could use your services about it. But I need a flat rate to access your services I have wrote to you before when things started charging. Tweety birds! All I herd. I can't pay you to drive 30 miles to do a bid that I may put a hour or two in with customers just to here there just looking. That adds up to allot with no commitment on the customer end in my day at a hundred an hour plus fuel that nowhere bid cost me a few hundred bucks. I made thumbtack look good in my area and know four people I turned on to you doing the same. How to fix your problem tell me I need to send you a flat rate to access you thumbtack for unlimited enquiries and you play the customers on fees not the people making you hew you are. That way there is investment on both parties making it more serious on the work to be performed. I would also say your great mind should come from the feald not the college minds hew deal in business that have to go hustle for a living get it those hew just sit back and think they know everything and only care about money and want to use us further to make them better don't. Hope me to comeale sense for you you will see how far your head is up your a s s!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Harvestor
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

When you changed your pricing several months ago
You charged me $24+ to give a $50 quote to mow a lawn.
I wrote customer service, it took you 5 days to respond with a form letter.
I called customer service and you guys refused to remove the charge.
Is charging me $25 on a $50 quote what you think is reasonable?
Go back to the old way, with quote fees listed with quote request.
Us Contractors are your customers, not the public.

0 Kudos
Jet
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I really don’t get what this app actually does. I’ve been hired three times, I have no idea how they happened. I feel like it should be more like a dating app where you swipe right or left and it matches you to the perspective customer. Otherwise it’s just a fancy craigslist.
0 Kudos
RUReady
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm working with Thumbtack since 2016. 

When I started, TT was a much better option than others. Easy to understand the price and quoting system.

Today, due the local market, I have to pay, sometimes, 30% of the total job price to TT. 

I really agree with the other comments. Thumbtack was much better before start changing every 3 or 4 months.

Also, sometimes, the customer is only researching about prices. They have no idea that the pros have to pay if they contact us. So, TT nudges the customer to contact the pro using questions like "sounds good" or "what's the process to work togheter" then, the customer never get back.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I cannot believe this company is trying to gouge its vendors. You made 1000% price increase for us to be able to talk to customers. It isn't free. You've literally made using Thumbtack unaffordable for small businesses. I had to stop bidding on jobs because of it. Put the pricing back to the way it was. The same job that used to cost $1.67 now costs over $12. I'm very disappointed in Thumbtack.

Solved! Jump to solution

it's true, quoting a $100 headshot for me isn't even worth it after taxes and thumbtack.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

So i'm going to try not to just complain. I have been in and out of thumbtack for around 2 years because of your pricing. It is great that you should not have to pay for quotes or client quote views. However, our issues (professionals) it that a response to my quote should be free as well. I literally had a woman reach out just to tell me I was too expensive and I PAID for that. I wrote your team and not even a response. You literally should only pay for CONFIRMED hires. Isn't that what you claim to provide... jobs? Why should you be paid for not providing that service? This would vastly increase your professional user count. 

-Karen

0 Kudos