Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Studio92
Active Community Member

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

And I also turned off Instant Match. I was getting charged too much for "leads" that didn't work out. People "contacting" me but not really interested. The worst was when I would respond to a customers "quick reply" and get NO RESPONSE back. Nothing. I got charged, and the customer wouldn't even respond. Why even hit the quick reply if you aren't going to respond. It happened so many times I just turned it off. Awful!!!

Bethansbis
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to think Thumbtack was a great idea and got good lead. Since the changes I have spent more money with Thumbtack then I have getting jobs I opted out of the Match option as I could not afford it ! I have pretty much given up with you guys
0 Kudos
Bethansbis
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Another problem is customers are asking for a bid on jobs that have no title. There is just the ‘ I have an idea what I want ‘ ! How can I bid fairly on that, it might be something I’m not even qualified to do the Hass to be more of a description .There used to be. It would be like bidding on a job if I did not know the client needed a plumber or an electrician .
0 Kudos
Djjohnyt
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
You should go back to when the leads were send to 5 pros only.
A set price chart would be ideal.
Strategy-rules
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

First and foremost, listen to your customers. The overwhelming feedback from Thumbtack Pros is that we feel ripped off. The quality of the leads have significantly declined to the point I have gone from closing 1/2 to about 1/10 ... at a MUCH higher cost. 

While the idea of only charging for leads where the prospect responds seems appealing at first, a response like "I'm just shopping around" gets the same treatment as "Let's do business." You could easily weed out real responses by giving the propsect a pull-down menu of responses and only those that appear to be "legitimate" would be chargeable.

While on that topic, the information you collect is too vague, and after this long that seems intentional. As a consultant there is seldom enough information to be able to respond in confidence, which is why I Pass on as many as I do. Rarely do they actually say what they need or want. Again, easily correctable by adding required fields ... if you were truly interested.

As a consultant, I am on record to say Thumbtack will become another Blockbuster, My Space or Google + ... a defunct service that people kind of remember ... unless you listen to your customers.

RoanokeValyRfg
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I think your pricing change was much too drastic! I do not like not having a defined price schedule for my leads...quite frankly I am very frustrated with it...it is really a guessing game! How am I to pass the cost on to my customers if I don’t know what I am paying? You have increased the cost of my leads from $16 to $58 or $75 overnight???that is like a 400% price increase!! Who does that? I will be looking for lead source alternative during the slower winter seasons if something does not change.

Larry Saul

Roanoke Valley Roofing

0 Kudos
Jill
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for caring.  I'm a pet sitter.  The Instant Match does not work for my business.  Now, Now I am being charged over $11 just to respond.  It would be great to only be charged if the client responds back.  So far, I have gotten two leads with no results so that $22 down the drain.  I really do miss the $3.33 charges that were made in prior days.  I also agree that there are too many changes going on that sometimes I feel blindsided.  

RoneeAguilar
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to know the price of responding to leads when they reach out directly to me before I respond. I would also like to know the cost of quoting before I quote. Thumbtack used to disclose this up front. I would quote more if I didn’t have to guess. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
leland2012
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to be a huge fan. I knew what I was paying and I knew what I was getting. Now I have no idea. There's jobs I bid on and get dinged $$$ for the job that I would only had paid $ in the past. Recently I've received notifications that the client was interested in my service and that I should reply to them. I answerd the lead got charged the $$$ and nothing become of it.  I feel that this is a dead lead only to try and get money from me, you've lost my trust. To many changes from you, it looks like you dont know what you're doing or where you're going. I've changed how I receive leads for the simple reason that my return on my money is better spent elsewhere than what you can offer.

0 Kudos
TimTim44
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm pretty displeased with the new system,liked/appreciated it much more when the exact price was posted with each lead.
0 Kudos