Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Cdorear
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I just don't think that Thumbtack works well for my type of business.  When I was able to control which potential clients I sent bids to, I was getting better response.  Once Thumbtack supposedly started sending bids on my behalf, those clients dried up.  I have not had a referral from Thumbtack in months.  As I understand it, I am only charged now if a person contacts me, but often that contact is simply to ask about whether or not I take their insurance or to ask some other question that is not leading them to schedule with me.  So, it is a lot of money to pay to answer one question that does not lead to a new client.  I have stopped using Thumbtack for the most part and have contemplated removing my account altogether.  I do not see benefit from it now.  

SOBDLLC
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a huge fan of thumbtack, so much so I did not use another website to source leads. Now your pricing per quote is between $20 and $70. This hike was unexpected and not appreciated. There is no guarantee that I get more leads paying this higher price. In fact, this has driven me to source leads through other avenues. Flat rate leads of $3 to $7 is the maximum that I am willing to pay for a lead.

Hopefully you will change your prices back .
cdane
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Is there ONE positive comment on your pricing in this enbtire blog?

I have no idea what you charge when or how you charge anymore! It is ridiculous to have to pay if someone says hi or asks for many details. The charge should only apply if we GET THE GIG!! There are all kinds of tire kickers out there and way too many factors that go into landing or losing a gig. Most through no fault of our own. Gigmasters has the most HONEST and SIMPLE pricing. Reasonable annual fee that may be upgraded for more exposure. MODEST $20 fee ONLY IF you land the job! Makes sense and is cost effective. PLEASE adopt their system as yours continues to be severely broken, completely frustrating and has now resulted in FEWER jobs than ever! HELP!

Tersland
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

When I think back on the roughly 4-5 years I've been using Thumbtack, I recall paying $3 - $4 every time a quote was viewed within 48 hours. From that point  it increased to $6-$7 per bid. I seem to recall buying credits and some jobs were charged a different amount of credits based on what I assume was your feeling of the value of the job. I also recall only 5 pros being able to bid on each job. Now I think I pay anywhere from $13 - $20 depending on what I assume is a similar equation. I do think they're better elads, I just have a hard time pulling the trigger on a request when I know my odds may be slimmer due to the fact that more than 5 pros can bid on the job. As a wedding officiant, I sometimes think the bride and groom are a little more concerned with the photographer, the DJ, the caterer and the venue than they may be with the quality fo the officiant.

I still use thumbtack and get most of my business from the requests couple put out there. If it wasn't working for me I wouldn't use it, plain and simple.

So for the most part I'm happy with how it's worked form me. The one piece that I struggle with is when I go to the internet and plug in top officiants for the areas I cover, I see individuals with far less experience, and a fraction of the reviews listed above me. I really do'nt know if this is any kind of "scientific" ranking, but as a custome looking, I believe I would naturally view it as such. When I have the words "In high demand" next to my name and only one individual listed before me does also, I tend to think there's something wrong with that picture. End of the world?? Heavens no, I just struggle with it a little.

Solved! Jump to solution
I think jobs that need immediate attention should be the higher-paying jobs because there are some guess that want work done but they want it done three or four months down the road. I think there should be an outlet on Thumbtack that the guest states whether they need the work done immediately or down the road. Once they respond with meeting the work immediately then that price should be a little higher and if they're wanting the work down the road than that price should be cheaper
0 Kudos
Jhanna
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I am a pastor and supplement my income by doing weddings. I usually need to quote 3-4 people to land a job. My rates are average $125-150. However, with quotes now costing $18-20 each, do the math. I make virtually nothing. If I was doing a $5000 repair job business, I could swing that. But not with the standard charge of $125-150. No one in our market is paying $200 or more for a pastor to do a 1 hour job. Seems like you need a new category of services like ours. Let me know if it changes as I no longer quote jobs through Thumbtack.
dvo04
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack used to be a great lead generator but now that is no longer the case. The leads have become too expensive and now you have multiple people (as many as 12 people or more) bidding on one job which makes it about impossible to gain any business. Also if a customer contacts you and ends up not booking you for the job you still have to pay for that lead. I don’t like that.
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
It's been a year with lots of changes to the site. I for the first time in 3 years seem to be having a challenge booking up for the fall. It's been a tough time trying to get used to everything. I like that you don't pay unless you talk. I am not sure how I am getting charged now though so I guess that's a little confusing I just see the statements from my bank and so far nothing has been too crazy but I would not like getting slammed with a big bill no reservations
arjr46
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello, Your charges seemed to fluctuate and it varies from week to week. 5.78 then 8.66 and for the same type of jobs i have been watching and i if they just ask a question I get charge...And I think you all are changing things too quickly. It's like every 4 months you are changing something. It makes things unstable and hard to keep up because we are running a business. 

Mjroc1
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
So many people are using instant match my quote is not seen sometimes. I like to value my clients and read thier request fully and respond with a personalized message and my efforts and quotes get wasted
0 Kudos