Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Claylacy
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
How is a valve assessed ? Are job values based on a regional or national average? Even within my region, prices vary due to local ecnomical status
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JohnC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

TT:
Glad you asked. 

I've been playing as a drummer/vocalist in bands in live venues since I was 14, and I'm 56 now.  Venues don't pay much more for a band now than they did 40 years ago. Private parties pay about double, which is a little more reasonable.  Your service was great when I first started using it, but the flaw I wrote you about was that if a private party didn't respond to my bid, and I kept the date OPEN for them until I got a YES or NO answer, I lost that date regardless if they didn't respond.  So you changed your policy to say that if they didn't READ my bid, I got my money back. That's great, but what I keep saying is that I need to know as soon as they have made a decision, which I can look up and eventually see, but it's not automatic with a text or email directly. So that's still an issue.

As far as PRICING, you are out of your mind with the current policy of charging "what you think it's worth".  Your app started out with a $5 fee, and then it went to $11, and now it's an average of over $35, just to bid!  No way am I using your service now.  I can generate way more gigs on my own by simply emailing and sending out messages on venue websites, and getting ad hoc inquiries via our biz cards at our gigs; we get many private parties that way. Yes  I have to expend time an energy doing it that way, but for it's way better than $35 a pop for something that has no better than 10% return rate (that is the Sales truth).

So, CHANGE YOUR FEES BACK to something reasable for a band can afford it, and you can still make money and be profitable.  Else TT is dead to me.

Thanks for asking.
John

meganb
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, with the new pricing system, leads have become very expensive for me! I paid $15 for one exchange with a potential lead that didn't go anywhere. Supposedly the price fluxuates based on size of the job and competitiveness, but I know that there aren't many other pros in my area, and the job wasn't that big, so what gives? I haven't been that enthusiastic to use Thumbtack since the pricing structure changed.

Xxxlandscape
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
was great when you bought credits. I would buy $80 worth and pay 1-3 credits per lead. Then they switched from credits to money and started charging $10-$15 per lead. I haven’t had a customer in over 6 months from thumbtack and am going to stop using them all together. The whole thing seems like a scam. It was great now it’s broken. And. Now out $200 that we pay we get one coustomer other ones just looking around come on and we have to pay for it because they contact us is not Tru they contact thumtack lot of people think thumtack is a service company that mow yards and is not and we pay for it we getting ready to sign out because Price is going to high and jobs going lower.
ThatOCDgirl
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I love Thumbtack! I get 95% of my business through the site. I liked the credit system and I don't mind the current system but its pricey! Lead costs have doubled, especially through Instant Match, and some of the ROI is not there. My concerns are 1) when you are contacted and asked about your availability and you respond quickly but then get ghosted for the next several days, I've lost money and it is not refunded. I have no way to sell my service to a client that does not respond. 2) jobs that are partial matches come up for bid and there is the option to respond, clients that are outside of your service area should not be able to contact you with a charge unless I am willing to travel to them. To charge a Pro for simply telling someone, no I don't service your area is unfair. 3) if your calendar block says you're booked or your business hours are clearly stated and someone contacts you for that time slot or unopened day, you should not be charged.
0 Kudos
ttazawa
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I no longer use Thumbtack for leads. Number one reason is that the demand demographic it attracts are consistently low-quality low-ballers. Secondly, how Thumbtack priced the quality of lead did not make any sense to me. It quoted markedly high premium for RFQ that paid very little. Lastly, Thumbtack failed to distinguish categories such as premium service and the number of hours of service requested.

OliviaBrooks
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I have paid all different prices for jobs, it would be nice if it was a little less, especially if we don't get the job. I know y'all have to make money too. But it would be great if we got charged ones we won the job.
Av8tress
Level 6

$12.99 - $19.99???

Solved! Jump to solution

Earlier this year, I thought I understood the New Thumbtack Rules. I thought if I answered a potential client, they would have to pay to answer me. However, I found out that I had to pay $12.99 instead. If the client is supposed to pay, why don't I see that in my inbox? Why do you say the client pays but I've never seen it.

Why are those days of $1.67 - $3.33 gone? Why not leave those prices to those of us who've been with Thumbtack since the beginning and let the Newbies have that $12.99 - $19.99 sky high pricing? Maybe they can afford it, but I've asked my potential clients to text, call or email me because I can't afford $12.99 to just setup an appointment or to ask questions when an email will do that just as well.

Tiered pricing would be better all the way around. It would quit all the bitchin' & moanin' about these new 'client' prices.

LBB Training

0 Kudos
Marryyouido
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I was using "instant match" but kept getting inquires of "are you available on my date?" ( a standard / suggested response). They would not be sent my bid if I was not, yet the customer has contacted multiple pros - probably with the exact same stock question - and to respond it would cost me 25% of my fee. That's up from the 4% fee I used to pay.  I left "instant match" because of this. If I increase my price to compensate for YOUR fee, I'm priced out of the market. 

Solved! Jump to solution
Would have been fine if pros only paid when getting a response AND the price stayed the same. They increased the price and what happens? Nobody is happy. Top pros won't pay 5x what it used to cost for a lead. We end up going after 5x LESS leads. I walked out completely. Good for the few crappy businesses that stick around and just bill their customers more. I'll get my leads elsewhere. Now thumbtack has to compete for top service providers AND customers that put up with a lead service with crappy service providers. Thumbtack used to have no problem getting either.