Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
SarahDudek80
Level 2

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I no longer use Thumbtack.  The new setup is a huge ripoff in my opinion.  I used to really like this program but I refuse to lose the amount of money I would to even offer a price to someone.  Seems to be a common trend among customers.

Tatyana
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
We used to do a good business with Thumbtack and I am a Top Pro makeup artist. Most of my customers are Brides who may or may not know how many bridesmaids wil want services, so I have no idea the size of the job, or if I want it. I must have a conversation, sometimes lengthy before deciding if we are a match.Your new system simply doesn't work for my business. If you go back to the old model, it becomes viable. Currently unusable.I recently quoted a Bride $65 for a quick job. Thumbtack charged me $14. Had I known what you were charging I would never have bid the job. You're losing me due to crazy pricing!
Beth
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Wow, vinamrata, look at all your responses here!  They are all pretty consistent, aren't they?  Your pros are consistently uphappy -- extremely unhappy -- with all the changes to Thumbtack.  Almost universally, they tell you that we pros used to love Thumbtack, and now we hardly use it at all.  It's a remarkably uniform response -- just as when you last asked our opinion.

The problem is, nothing has ever been done in response to our complaints.

If you went back to the old system, you'd have many pros using your service often, and recommending you to others.

Your new business model extracts the maximum from your pros, and serves us only customers looking for the cheapest service possible without attention to quality.

Jeffro
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing has gone from very affordable to robbery. What I used to pay $1.69-$6.00 for a lead now costs $10.00 - $80.00 or more. Why the 1000% rise in cost. Seems more like a scam now. Customer service is extremely difficult to deal with.
Salvo1702
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello. Before the change we were in control of what we were charged for and the leads were based on a project. Now we are paying between $70-$100 per lead for a bathroom remodeling. Spending double what we used to. Not really a fan of this change and also customers respond once , then we get charge for the lead and never hear back from customer . This is not fair .
0 Kudos
mike14wa
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I miss the old Thumbtack when I could pay a few bucks per lead. Now the consumer is inindated with dozens and dozens of automatic messages. When the business used to have to take action to submit the lead it showed the consumer who wanted the business and who was responsive. By switching to an automatic message model you have tossed the personal touch out the window.

I am a residential property manager meaning I manage rental homes for owners. You guys are completely out of touch with what information is important to us. Property management can mean many things such as Association Management, Repairs & Maintenance, Rental Property Management, Vacation Rental Management, etc.... Ive called many times trying to provide Thumntack with ideas to improve the platform for us, but you guys just ignore me time and time again. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm not sure why you no longer show the price for each quote, when I get the request.
A lot of people are not serious about hiring a pro they're just looking at prices. We should know if a potential client is really ready to hire a pro or just looking. Responding to a lead from someone who's just looking should cost less. I get leads that disappear into a black hole after I've reached out to them, this tells me they are not ready to hire a pro.
0 Kudos
CS
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

It was great when it was credits. Then, things changed and we were told it was for the "better" and to be easier. Now it is a dollar amount, which isn't easily displayed and is somewhat hidden. You have to click "Learn More" on the job page to see how much it is. I pulled one up for an example. Someone needs assistnace with setting up their new security camera. In the past, this would be around $3-4 to reach out. Currently, if the customer merely responds it's going to cost me $24.89! The job wouldn't be much more than that. All profit now seems lost and it's getting out of hand. I haven't had a Thumbtack job in a long time. I hope things get better because I do like the platform!

kstocker64
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Truthfully, I've stopped using you.

Your prices are roughly twice what I pay for Bark and since your fees change your prices are a good 35-50% higher than what I used pay.

-K

Highlighted
Mattk91
Level 2

Thumbtack WAS excellent

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack was excellent until there pricing started getting out of hand, and I agree with some I read on here I have multiple leads per week that never go past a quick question or sounds good what’s next that costs me $15-40 and never hear from them again. I’m in the middle of transitioning to other forms of marketing and will be dropping thumbtack completely in the near future.