Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
TechNicely
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

simply put...

I use to use thumbtack - drove alot of business. Provided a "win" for both the service provider and the client... and Thumbtack as the middleman. Now its primarily a means to line Thumbtack's pocket.

If you read any review sites of thumbtack, the mesage is consistent - all low ratings from service providers, all high ratings from clients that used a service provider... nothing in between.

It seems that Thumbtack has successfully made money off of the exorbitant pricing paid by those lured in by the reputation of a long-gone Thumbtack. It is sad to see something so promising ruined by greed and lack of priority. No amount of gamification, marketing and increased number of "clients" will help without first fixing the foundation and focus of this fat-pocketed but crippled system.

I hope that you guys get it together or that everybody realizes all at once how much of a scam this has turned into. Either way, though I will continue to keep my account "active", I will not be along for the ride.

0 Kudos
llamalady
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
It's way too unpredictable in my line of work. I am a wedding officiant. I appreciate your not charging me when the requester doesn't follow through but when they respond, look out! It can easily cost me $100 a week and the people never hire anyone because a friend will do it for free.

We aren't like other contractors. We don't have a percentage profit we need to make, but neither do we have any guaranteed income.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Charlie
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Your current pricing structure lacks transparency. Can you imagine if I had to quote my clients by giving them a 'general idea' of what they would pay for a shoot. They would never book me, but that is exactly what Thumbtack is doing--giving us pros a 'general idea' of what a quote will cost us. THat's simply not fair, and very unprofessional. PLEASE go back to a system when we know exactly how much it costs to quote for a job and give the customers an option to say EXACTLY how much they are wanting to pay for a job. You would save us HUGE AMOUNTS OF WASTED TIME on quoting for jobs that are simply out of hte clients price range. 

0 Kudos
Mkat4464
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Exactly!
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I got charged $20 the other day because someone called me.  Actually, the client's schedule doesn't line up with mine, so I won't be able to teach her daughter.  I lost $20 and gained nothing.  It seems like we should get charged only if we land a job. It isn't clear what the pricing is anymore, and I'd like to know how it's determined. 

I think if I  land a $30 job, $20 is too much to charge anyway.  Maybe $10 is more appropriate. If Thumbtack continues to keep their fees this high, I simply won't use them.

Mswiltshire
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a fan until they changed pricing, and it costs $20 just to respond to potential customers. It used to he maybe $6.67 per quote. Not a fan of all the pricing fluctuations.
AC
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

The new pricing structure does not work for me.  As a mobile notary I only charge around $40.00 for an appointment and I only receive one (maybe two) jobs near me that I would bid on each week.  The lowest my weekly budget can be (according to Thumbtack) is $15.00, so my net per week would only be $25.00.  If I get no requests then I would be at negative $15.00 for that week as the weekly budget does not carry over if no bids were sent.

The previous pricing structure worked much better as I only paid if I got the job, and it was not so expensive.  The new pricing structure may work for professionals that charge more for their services (i.e. painting, plumbing, etc.), but for someone who charges a minimal fee it just does not make financial sense anymore to use Thumbtack.  

0 Kudos
Carlos83
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Charge less per lead and charge more to the person that gets awarded the job. So charge for expample $2 per lead and $10 to whoever gets the job awarded to them.
0 Kudos
Kellerfence
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The one good thing about thumbtack is that I get to choose what jobs I can handle. But I’m also with HomeAdvisor, networks, and one other which has set prices for their leads that I receive which run from 9.95 to $45 based on what the homeowner enters as what they are wanting, but with that said more than 3/4 of the time the homeowner does not have a clue and for a $45 lead that is basically replacing over 250 feet of fence but in reality the home owner only has 6 feet and the home owner does that because they think no one wants to waste the time for a 6 foot job. Now I’m no longer going to use thumbtack because when I first started using them I was get charged just $4 to $5 on just sending a question to a homeowner about a project that I don’t qualify for to now where I’m receiving phone calls from homeowners for something that I’m not able to do and getting charged $49 so I’m getting tired of the pricing since homeowners don’t know what they really want and then I pay an outrageous amount for something I don’t qualify for.

0 Kudos
House2Home
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with what others have written. The service is important because it comes up quickly during search, but the ROI simply is not there. It is very expenisve for leads that are clearly "just surfing, but not serious). I occasionaly see someone that is actually in my area and seems "real" but the cost is too great.

Thank you

0 Kudos