Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
tomdans
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I just don't want to be charged until the customer has confirmed a job.  A free option would be terrific.

Bumanth
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello I think that the pricing was a little bit better before you went up . I do like the fact that we are not charged unless the customer reaches out to us. One situation that I had was that a customer reached out to ask me if I was licensed. I'm not and I was charged. I think that maybe you should read the customers response to a quote before actually charging the pro. Other than those couple of things I'm ok with thumbtack.
0 Kudos
Slanteye
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Since the prices have gone up I do not bid as much. You have customers only wanting to know a price but aren’t actually ready or even serious about a job. Customers should be charged as well. Thumbtack was much better before all the changes
0 Kudos
26_Bentley
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi, Maybe you could let me know what Thumbtack is charging now.Little confusing? Also, lately the Thumbtack customers I have interviewed do not really have the funds to design the whole room. Their budget would be to shop @ HomeGoods, Marshall’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Blinds To Go, Home Sense, Value City Furniture. That is fine for them, but those companies do not offer a commission to Designers. So when I tell them I have to charge them by the hour, they become uninterested. They just want the ideas so they can go do the design work on their own. So, I do not give them any information on how to go about it. Hopefully their will be some new customers that have a better budget! Thank You, Kathy Kostuk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Photoglc
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I too was a huge, huge fan of thumbtack and credit most of last year's growth to this platform. We have become top pros. Now I am researching other marketing options to spend my dollars on.
With the old system, it was almost a guarantee to receive some kind of genuinely interested correspondence from clients. Now my requests are full of leads that hardly turn into jobs anymore. I am lucky to receive a customer response now.
The cost for these leads seems to always be fluctuating without a true formula or even price point. It does not make sense that lead costs are based on demand and area, but these "demands" don't seem to be true needs with customers who are actually looking to hire.
I firmly believe pros should not be charged until they have been hired. Out of the 45+ quotes I sent this week, I received 3 responses, one of which was a customer asking ME for referrals for other services! In turn, I am being charged $20 for this one "lead" who demonstrated exactly what she used thumbtack for. Where is the fairness in this?
When we purchased credits, everything was transparent and we had control over our own marketing dollars. The new pricing, while I like that we no longer pay to quote initially which appears to be the only benefit, really created a flawed system that does NOT work.
0 Kudos
VCC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
We used to get lots of work with Thumbtack when it was how it used to be, buying credits. We even became a Pro BUT now it coast too much to send a quote! If someone asks a question I'm scared to reply because it may cost me $30 just to have them not even hire me. Most jobs as a carpet cleaner only pay between $60-$120 in my area so paying $30 for a POSSIBLE $60 job just doesn't work! I wish it would go back to how it was! I have tried complaining but it doesn't make any difference. I agree with others, it's worse than Angieslist now!
0 Kudos
Jett
Level 4

I am a Brand Advocate of Thumbtack. Love the concept. I try to encourage my community of entrepreneurs to use it on our Entrepreneurs Facebook page. I believe what is causing a decline in trust is Thumbtack's lack of honor and transparency within the backbone of the company. Eliminate the sneaky fees, allow the Entrepreneurs to see first hand how much it will cost before they hit the "send quote" button. It does not show transparency when we have to go through multiple loops to find the cost. Place the number in light gray, below the "send quote" button.

Hearing some of the comments below hurt my heart. I had no idea some of you were paying 300 dollars a lead. That's unacceptable. These should be a flat rate. or if we are getting charged $70. That $70 should be split between the 7-9 people who sent the quote. NOT $70 x 7 people.

longport25
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

bring the old pricing back  much easier.

the problem is im a roofing contractor . i have to look at residence to give a proper quote,  i need an address to this process.

the customer does not respond to my request.??????

need better communication between customer.

thank you

dan

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi guys! Price are abusing small business like me. Just a customer saying “Hi” cost me $75!!! That’s ridiculous! I don’t care if you charge me even $100 if I close the deal but just for trying or asking a question you guys charge $75 dollars? My recommendation is that you charge everyone for trying to close the deal, but the higher fee should be for the one that close the deal. If you charge me $15 to $25 for trying I’m ok with that, then if I get the contract charge me $100. What is not right is that you get for every call $75 times 10 contractors so you make $750 and something the customers contract people out thumbtack. Please go back to the old system!
ChrisH
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I completely agree with Pat and I also have been focused more on SEO marketing for my website. I have rarely used Thumbtack in the last year because of the pricing. The issue I have is it used to be somewhere around $35 per lead. Now I see leads and upwards of $75. I understand if I was the only one bidding on the project but I'm not. With other lead programs when I spend that much I get the customers full name, phone number, address and email. That is another issue I have because we can only communicate through the app.
0 Kudos