Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
EddieiiMI
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm in the DJ Market.

Since you changed the bidding format to a 'surprise' price, I've sent leads to my Spam inbox. They're useless to me. You can't place such heavy values on a 'bid' with so little qualifications from the perspective buyer. And, everyone knows, most of these leads end up being tire-kickers, people looking for bottom feeders, or 'looking for a friend'.
They're not qualified, quality leads. And, that is a pure waste of money.

If I can't see the price in the initial email, I don't go any farther, because with the new format I'm shocked by how much you charge for these now.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to use thumbtack 95% of my bids. Now its so much to use ot and half the bids summitted are not responsive so i have stopped to about 20% now. Wish it would go back like it was to begin with. I would go back to using it again for all my work.
0 Kudos
Bruinmom
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
From reading some of these posts, it looks like many people dislike your new pricing system. I don't use your service anymore because, I only need 1 or 2 referrals to fill in my client list. The new pricing worked when I paid for individual leads. Too expensive for me now and doesn't work to my benefit.
0 Kudos
W3
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

One of the difficulties in quoting weddings is that much depends on what the couple is looking for. I never know this until after I have contacted the couple. In some cases, a basic fee is fair, and in other cases, a higher fee is needed to cover costs. For example, for a small wedding in town, where I meet once or twice with a couple a fee of $100 seems fair. For a large wedding with many details, I usually meet as many as 4 or 5 times if there is adequate lead-time. For such a wedding, $250 is not out of line, especially if a rehearsal is included. On occasion a couple has started with a basic wedding and changed in mid-stream. In these cases I have to have a straight-forward discussion about the costs for my services. This feels like bait and switch pricing, and I'm not comfortable.  I wish I could offer several plans from which customers could choose, with a scale of fees attached. 

Your current fee structure doesn't work for me. 

0 Kudos
muapg
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

So far 80% of the time it appears that people don't even look at the quote one submitted so that should tell any of us that these are not serious buyers for the most part so I am happy to not have to pay for nothing.

Regarding the times when I do get charged, many of the times the "buyer" sends me a stupid question such as "are you open of my date?" or one of the other stndard questions.  I find this stupid because I would not submit a quote if I was not open and this tells me that the user is promted to click on one of the questions and send it without thinking-makeing us get charged for nothing yet again, or they will ask how much I charge when that is clearly on my quote...

So, I get that you are in business to make money, like me but I am not in business to take my client's money for nothing.

I have no problem paying when somebody contacts me, if it is clear that they have a real question so rather than you promting them to send me a non valid question, why do you not let people ask "free form questions" so that we can tell that they are interested rather than submit a question that has been addressed in the quote?

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
What constitutes a charge from your end. If they accept a quote or just reply.to the quote. This fee buys me a consideration by the customer? So we will be charged if she just considers the quote.
0 Kudos
sandybasenji
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to b a big thumbtack fan back when I started my business and it was 3.33 for each possible referral now I wholly agree has become a Ponzi Scam when I opted out of the instant match and I was charged near 10.00 no matter if It actually panned out or not I found no matter how many responses I did to requests only 1 out of 20 responses even " ELICITED"any possible customer this I am sure is in response to my refusal to be part of instant match! I used to get many more responses the old way now none thumbtack has become so useless
0 Kudos
Colorpro
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

compared to other lead providers thumbtack is fair, i quit using homeadvisor and angies list (both the same now) because of stale leads and price gouging. competing for leads is one thing but having to pay for leads and then competing is bull. i was with them for almost a decade, i felt they lost concern for value and quality workmanship, however early on i felt like a team member all of us trying to provide the end user with a great service. not now! its all about the money. some times i question thumbtack and the leads, some seem repetitious (fake) . my problem with thumbtack is the set up, i have created my profile, job types and areas i work. but i get different type of jobe and from all over the state. i think i may even have two accounts, however i have been unable to comtact a human to help me.

are there any humans out there in thumbtack land?

Russell Grosjean

Tyler Tx

mail@gocolorpro.com

Highlighted
SgtYoung
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I share some of the concerns as others here. I feel as if after the restructuring of the price and pay service and leads stopped. At one point I went in to see if I was still signed up. I went from getting couple hits a month to nothing and it was peak season.
Next topic. I am not sure if others feel this way but to shift pricing based off of what you feel the value has me scratching my head. Unless I am mistaken you aren't able to determine what will net me $50 versus $5000. Maybe on the surface you might be able to see some but you aren't in my market nor do you know my pricing setup for each service...so again how are you justifying a variable rate in your pricing.?
Overall I feel as your previous model was better. Or at least the service seemed to be there.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
1st of all, I love Thumbtack but I just don't think it is fair when a customer ask a question about the service and you still charge the pro. Most of the time we don't get the job but still ws charge for that on question.
0 Kudos