Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
KBD
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I started using Thumbtack in July of 2017. It was my number one lead generator. But ever since you have introduced the Instant Match and Pay Per Contact, this platform is no longer my first place lead generator. I used to pay at least $400-500 per month but it was worth it because I was booking quality business. Now I’m paying significantly less but I’m also not booking quality jobs from Thumbtack amy more. None of the Pro’s were happy about the new pricing structure when it rolled out but you didn’t listen. Why are you still not listening??? It’s not working! Go back to the old pricing structure. There was nothing wrong with it. I’d rather pay $11-$15 and decide whether or not I want to put a bid in than pay $26 for someone to say “what’s next” and then they never respond again.
0 Kudos
Zekewolf
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
First off u have to remember there are other ppl bidding n when u have a 49.99 for a job u mite not even get a response for like i did n it was for another state. U shouldn't be charged until u have gotten the job.I have stopped all use of thum tack because of high price for nothing n didnt get a refund of 49.99. Ill be using home advisor app now. Until i get a refund I wont be using thum tack.
0 Kudos
srlake
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

AAAAND ANOTHER THING!

This is how you explained Thumbtack's pricing... (And I quote!)

• You pay a different amount for each lead based on whether we believe the job is more valuable or less valuable.
  • The cost of each lead varies based on factors like the type of job, the size of the job, the number of pros available, and the customer’s interest.
  • If we don’t have enough pros in a market to meet customer needs, you might even get the lead for free.

"...on whether we belive the job is more valuable or less valuable...."  I CANNOT THINK OF A MORE SUBJECTIVE AND INCONSISTENT WAY TO PRICE THINGS!!!  HOW ABOUT LETTING US DETERMINE WHAT IS VALUABLE FOR US!

" The cost of each lead varies based on factors like.... the customer's interest."  HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU DETERMINE THE CUSTOMER'S INTEREST????  Especially when so many are simply price shopping!  OR when so many filled out a request for a bid simply because your paid Google ad at the tope of page 1 made it oh-so-easy for them to make a few clicks to see if anyone would respond...   LET US DETERMINE THE CUSTOMER'S INTEREST!!!  

The subjective assumptions you mentioned should NOT be in your job description!!  The way I see it, Thumbtack's JOB was (and IS) to put us in front of potential clients. Stick with your original platform. 

0 Kudos
JPs
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

We are not happy with your new pricing, you are now charge $15.24-$17+ for each contact. We only charge $250 on adverage for each job, you are charging way to much money. I wish you would go back to the old way of charging. 

0 Kudos
NikkiM
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Voice/piano teacher here. I’ve completely stopped using your service since you changed your policy. You sent me leads multiple times that said something along the lines of “this person picked you out of all of the other professionals in your area, all you have to do is pay to book the job.” So I did that twice and guess what, the jobs were NOT booked because they were way out of my preferences. When I called your customer service to get a refund, they were reluctant because they said it was because I “didn’t have my preferences set up right,” but I most definitely did... I just don’t even feel like it’s worth it, I get more customers through referrals/word of mouth/posting flyers and that’s almost free. I would be willing to possibly try again if you went back to the old way of pricing or even did like a charge the customer sort of thing. I think sometimes “customers” just send these quotes when they are not really serious about it, and it comes out of MY pocket.
Highlighted
dfolkenroth
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
First of all you have increased your prices triple what they were last year. Your reasoning is that we get more value because of instant match. Well that is completely false. I have more customers contacting me through instant match with a generic automated question and then not responding at all to my follow up, than I get a response from. There’s no value when someone contacts you and then doesn’t respond to a follow up. It’s obviously someone filling out questionnaires and then never going back on thumbtack. We should only get charged if they actually engage with us.
Second you charge whatever you want. There’s no list prices anymore. We are at your mercy for whatever you wanna bill with no control. Therefore I’ve turned off instant match and I hardly use thumbtack anymore. I’m going to use other ways to advertise and get business.
Also just about every customer I talk to doesn’t know you charge us. I think you should clarify that for them from the beginning because I believe they would be less likely to just contact us unless there actually serious about hiring someone.

If something doesn’t change your greed is gonna put you out of business. I was a big fan of thumbtack a year ago. Now I can’t believe how you treat your customers. I mean it’s obvious your making three times as much money but yet your pricing is still increasing. Ridiculous. What is your reasoning for this? Why do you find you have to take advantage of us more and more? Until something changes you won’t be getting my money!
0 Kudos
Reddrum
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I won't use Thumbtack with the current pricing system. I used to do a lot of $100 type of jobs and am not willing to pay an unknown fee on such low bills. For the bigger jobs, I will not pay a substantial amount for the many people who are looking for contractors to come out only to tell them that they cannot get a fully remodeled bathroom for less than $1000. 

If I wanted to be on home advisor, I would go to their website.

0 Kudos
DMatthews
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have not loved the change in pricing.  Once the customer contacts me im charged approx $10 however it appears your site is sending them messages to reply to the bid.  Im getting replies like, Im waiting for more bids, will get back to you.....your not the only one bidding this price....I will let you know.  So simple little messages are costing me money.  I did prefer the way of paying per bid that was actually opened. 

kushp
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been with you for many years.  I was not happy about the recent price increases.  You were the best value lead generator for me but now your the most expensive.  Just sending a restricted text quote never has been the best way for me to get clients for the record.  For every 10 quotes I would send, I might get 1 job.  For the record, I do believe that my quotes and attachments were compelling.  You, please be the judge of that.  I will admit back then, logistics were a big part of my winning new clients.  My services require the student to come to my studio for lessons.  Of course, I still do these lessons.  I am now working on building my on-line streaming video lessons and it is essential to be able to talk with the potential student so I can explain how I can give the personal service with a video stream.  F.Y.I. I am apart of the google local services program, through them I pay $12 to be connected with a real customer on the phone giving me personal contact.  You charge me $20-25 to send a quote that could just be a dead end because a child was shopping the interenet for drum lessons.  Many times they will ask a question that has no bearing on taking lessons and that counts as a charge to me.    I am reconsidering the pricing structure.   I will now need to  crunch the numbers at the end of the month and compare your ROI vs the other online marketing strategies.   The initial contact is very important and the ability to talk with the potential student or parent is essential.  When a client calls me (Google or Facebook) 95% of the time I close the deal.  It costs much less.  Please reconsider and/or revise your pricing plan  and quoting structure.

Solved! Jump to solution
At this point I really have no interest in your services. The prices are too high and just random. Paying 7$ for the chance of making 45 isnt worth time. Your company had a good idea but of course got greedy so I dont expect it to be around very much longer