Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Jill-Smiley
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
EXACTLY‼️
pjpaiva
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with this statement. As a business owner, if I changed my pricing several times a year I would confuse the heck out of my clients. And in my line of work I don't willy nilly my clients and shouldn't either Thumb Tack.

amirsalamat
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi
I am totally agree your price is confusing ,
cantormum
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
  • Hi, Thanks for asking this very important question. Since you went to variable pricing based on your assessment of the monetary value of the job, I do not respond to requests for wedding officiants, because if they contact me, yet I don't land the job I have to pay a lot of money for the lead. I am not a large business, but a clergy person who basically lives from hand-to-mouth.  Your charge caused me hardship financially. I am also a singing teacher, an am very wary of quoting to all the singing teaching leads that I might have responded to in the past when I paid a fixed rate of 2 or 3 credits per lead. With no way to contol the charge now, I pick only a few possible clients a week.  It is also hard to sort out who the real clients are and who are just looking for info but won't hire me.  I would prefer to go back to a fixed rate where I know what a quote will cost if the client responds. It will help me to budget better, and I would respond to possible clients more often.  That will be good for your business and for mine. 
JustBobF
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

>>>in the past when I paid a fixed rate of 2 or 3 credits per lead.

Yeah, but those fixed fees to reply really added up with all of the people how did not reply. Basically as bad as being charged a large fee for a reply when nothing comes from that reply.

StLFacePaint
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
3 credits per quote, credits refund if the quote isn't viewed in 24 hours was perfect.
Highlighted
Mattk91
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Agree
Joker187
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree as well
DrHilt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agaree.  When someone wants to pay only $10 per hour for tutoring it is ridiculous and I have to pay to reply to them.  

Jaxgreyson4
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have used Thumbtack since 2014. At one point and time, I considered Thumbtack to be a legitimate business partner. For example, you stated that your tier pricing is based on "job value".  How can you possibly determine the value of a particular job without input from the service contractor?  Value is not determined until the potential client is interviewed and other cost factors are considered before actually signing a contract.  In addition, the very wide variance in your pricing system is extremely confusing.  Here is my point, if I hire a service contractor to fix a broken widget in my business or home, the service provider will charge me a certain amount based on the projected overhead cost to do the job and anticipated profit margins.  This service contractor would not be able to do the same exact job for my neighbor and charge a higher fee because Thumbtack accessed that the neighbor's home or business produced a greater cost value.  This type of billing system would damage a business's reputation and create a detrimental decline in business productivity.

The previous credit system seems to be more reasonable and preferable.